Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can’t wait to drive the auto

Primus1

I’ve only ever driven an auto once or twice, it was my ex brother in laws triumph stag, complete with overheating engine, that was back in the 80s, of course it’s all modern and high tech now so with that in mind, I think I’ve got this right….

D…….select this to drive in the daytime 

N…….this is for driving at night..obviously 

R……..race mode, can’t wait to see the looks on the faces of the drivers behind me 

P…….performance mode, obviously lowers the suspension and gives an extra 300 bhp, I wonder if it’s optional to wear a baseball cap back to front

B……for going backwards, of course

yes I’m going to look forward to my Yaris cross auto, 

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

You just missed one important thing. How to launch it properly: 

stick into R race mode, floor the accelerator while keeping your left foot on the brake , release brake and fly off the line.,,, ops perhaps backwards 👌😂

• Haha 9

15 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

You just missed one important thing. How to launch it properly: 

stick into R race mode, floor the accelerator while keeping your left foot on the brake , release brake and fly off the line.,,, ops perhaps backwards 👌😂

Well of course that’s a given, I’ll show these young hoodlums 

• Haha 8

I think the P and hold buttons must be something to do with the park assist, 

perpendicular and horizontal, it makes sense now…

• Haha 7

Don't forget to press the square with wriggly lines on it, that activates the afterburner.

• Haha 8

Oh! We wish you many years of driving your new automatic Toyota and we are thrilled that you’ve discovered a complete alternative method of driving. 🤣😂 Just let us know the color, the registration, and the regions you will be driving in, so we can avoid it like the plague 🤣😂🤪. Happy motoring 😮🤭🤞

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

The most fun I have ever had was in a Yaris Auto loan car with a sport button, great fun but hurt the wallet.

• Like 4

In all seriousness, I’ve seen a vid showing the correct way to use park, on the vid it showed to put the car in neutral, apply the parking brake, then put into park, it said by doing this, the gearbox will last longer, not sure if this applies to the cvt,  does anyone use B mode?, as I understand it , it will slow the car a lot quicker but won’t bring it to a complete stop, ( as per some Nissans) but is more aggressive in recharging the Battery, but is it better just to leave it in normal?..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Primus1 said:

I’ve only ever driven an auto once or twice, it was my ex brother in laws triumph stag, complete with overheating engine, that was back in the 80s, of course it’s all modern and high tech now so with that in mind, I think I’ve got this right….

R……..race mode, can’t wait to see the looks on the faces of the drivers behind me 

P…….performance mode, obviously lowers the suspension and gives an extra 300 bhp, I wonder if it’s optional to wear a baseball cap back to front

That's a lot more sensible than some of the guff we read on here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

In all seriousness, I’ve seen a vid showing the correct way to use park, on the vid it showed to put the car in neutral, apply the parking brake, then put into park, it said by doing this, the gearbox will last longer, not sure if this applies to the cvt,  does anyone use B mode?, as I understand it , it will slow the car a lot quicker but won’t bring it to a complete stop, ( as per some Nissans) but is more aggressive in recharging the battery, but is it better just to leave it in normal?..

This is my third Yaris Hybrid and I’ve never used B mode.

• Like 4

B it’s not for regular use but only when going long downhill. It’s an engine brake like in manual transmission when you select lower gear to use engine compression to hold the car at steady speed. 
For the park P yes, this is the best way to do however not always necessary. It is useful when parking on incline road, makes selecting D or R afterwards easier and quieter. 

• Like 5

B is great for going down steep hills or long downhill roads.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Primus1 said:

I've noticed Normal mode stands for Pocket Rock on the MK4 Yaris 😁

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Eddie G said:

B is great for going down steep hills or long downhill roads.

That function operates on a Multidrive (CVT) Yaris. When descending a steep incline and the footbrake is operated it "changes down" and uses some engine braking.

Or the amount that the engine r.p.m. increases could possibly result in engine breaking mode!

1 hour ago, newagetraveller said:

That function operates on a Multidrive (CVT) Yaris. When descending a steep incline and the footbrake is operated it "changes down" and uses some engine braking.

Or the amount that the engine r.p.m. increases could possibly result in engine breaking mode!

Some driver input with use of the foot break is also needed as well because it does rev quite high like you said in B mode if it's a steep incline.

• Like 1

Why this fear about revving the engine? I know many drivers who won't use full throttle and full engine revs. My late FIL objected loudly when I took his car for an MOT if I dared to take it anywhere near 3K RPM. He owned it from new and it had the worse piston slap I ever heard.

I sometimes take my Yaris to the rev limiter. I reckon it does it good to stretch its legs now and then.

The last car I had with a carb, I'd use valve bounce as a rev limiter. That was still running sweetly whenever I saw it after I sold it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, newagetraveller said:

Only if you stamp too hard on the brake.:ph34r:

🙈 Must been thinking about having a cuppa and having a break, having a KitKat 😂 did after first trying a Auto and pressing the break to hard thinking it was the clutch, was in luck as nothing got broken that day! 🙈

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newagetraveller said:

Be careful, guff like that can antagonise ol Bathtub Tom 🤪😆.

10 hours ago, newagetraveller said:

Seems it won't be a Toyota brake as your profile says Toyota Model Non yet it's a Toyota owners club?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1