Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross accessories and improvements

anchorman

18 hours ago, anchorman said:

Same driving into Manchester.  Some strange person suggested a horn was only ever used to assert one’s right of way 🙄.  In fact, it’s self preservation driving into Manchester - they come at you from all angles.

So Manchester is like that is it ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

That is Manchester,  the night I did some shopping last year, leaving as the shops closed Friday night M6 closed, trouble on the Manchester M60 and M1. Took 3 hours to clear Manchester. Came back via Glossop, Sheffield then over the moors. 5 hours of fun 😡

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Yeah, this is why I sometimes just take stupidly roundabout routes to go home - I can't stand crawling through traffic for ages at the end of the day, even in the hybrid!!

I would rather drive twice the distance out of London to buy something than drive three times the time into London for the same thing :laugh: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

On a quiet day, yes 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

N2 filled tyres ride smoother because the gas is less susceptible to compression variables that normal air exhibits.

Very popular mod with Lexus cars.

Tel

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve removed the auto dimming rear mirror.  I know it sounds counterintuitive because it’s considered an upgrade but it doesn’t seem to work with led headlights following.  It’s easy to get off.  The little filler panel behind the mirror pops off then the large piece slides down.  There’s a T20 grub screw and the wire.  I had a couple of Kia mirrors in the garage from previous upgrades to auto dimming 🙄. It’s under trials at the moment but so far I prefer it.  It also foils white van man in the day.  

8B46ED11-AE9C-4DE5-8F1C-CC5F064FF93D.jpeg

1FEFAD0D-DCD0-45F5-944F-FFD12BB92C23.jpeg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I’ve removed the auto dimming rear mirror.  I know it sounds counterintuitive because it’s considered an upgrade but it doesn’t seem to work with led headlights following.  It’s easy to get off.  The little filler panel behind the mirror pops off then the large piece slides down.  There’s a T20 grub screw and the wire.  I had a couple of Kia mirrors in the garage from previous upgrades to auto dimming 🙄. It’s under trials at the moment but so far I prefer it.  It also foils white van man in the day.  

8B46ED11-AE9C-4DE5-8F1C-CC5F064FF93D.jpeg

1FEFAD0D-DCD0-45F5-944F-FFD12BB92C23.jpeg

Well BMW’s has auto dimming and manual adjustments but Toyota still lack behind 😂👌Good job done. For me auto dimming it’s a must have option, if I end up buying a car without will make you an offer for yours 👍

• Haha 1

Never really been a fan of the auto dimming rear view mirrors as I prefer to adjust it myself when the odd occasion justifies it.  I share my car with my good lady and as she is smaller in height to me both of us have to change the mirror angle to suit our own driving styles when driving off.  I know that some of the up market cars have a seating memory facility but is there a car that automatically adjust the rear view mirror as well when you enter the car and start it up?

• Like 4

I'd not mind it if it worked, but it just doesn't. It seems like it doesn't have a sensor pointing backwards to sense bright light behind you, only a sensor at the front to detect darkness.

The upshot is, if I'm being high-beamed from the front, it seems to go "Oh! It must suddenly be daytime!" and un-dims and I suddenly get blinded by the back as well as the front!

Currently I have a wad of blutack stuck over the sensor, and just turn the Auto button off or on if I want it to dim. It's so stupid there's a button to un-dim the mirror but not to dim it! This sort of thing is why I don't trust automatic systems fully; When they work they're great, but when they don't and there's no manual override they become worse than the original 'dumb' system!

• Like 3

My point exactly Cyker.  When you adjust it manually, you are in total control.  Then again, I don’t do as much night time driving since I retired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Well BMW’s has auto dimming and manual adjustments but Toyota still lack behind 😂👌Good job done. For me auto dimming it’s a must have option, if I end up buying a car without will make you an offer for yours 👍

It'll have to go back in if I flog it Tony.

• Like 3

I’ve always hated self dimming mirrors, dim they are not and always seem to manage to get the headlights behind aimed right at your line of sight.

I’m sure there would be a good market for an old fashioned manually dipped mirror to clip over it. Ah progress one step forward two back. At night I drive with the mirror angled slightly up so that if I stretch my head up I can see what’s behind, it’s not as if you don’t know what is following you, they are normally sniffing up your exhaust 😬

• Like 2

Not aware of such an issue with the rear view mirror & no You Tube concerns posted.

Surely Toyota have many substitutes if it is an irritation that irks.?

I will be driving @ night to catch a Ferry----- the Latest 23 AWD Model may have a revised Auto Dipping Rear View mirror or a rear facing Laser to blind White Van Man.

I shall let you know later, along with what tyres are fitted & my reaction to MY Red Cross as I have never seen one in the last couple of years.

Tel

• Like 1

Love the colour, tyres are Falkens.

Have decided to only have fitted the Flaps,the Bib Spoiler,the front sill protection & the Dashcams.

Detailed negotiations tomorrow am.

Tel

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Does my New Cross have a Rev Counter ?

Tel

Not exactly.  They have a power meter.  

• Like 2

Delivery March 1 .Really chuffed.

Mud flaps that were available yesterday are now on back order !!!

Still winter is nearly over.

Tel

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Tel

Rev counter its pointless in Toyota hybrids. The power meter its a a way better and more functional. Rev counter can help the driver with gear changes in manual transmission but Toyota hybrids has no gears and the  power to the wheels is delivered by two sources and the power meter let you know from which one and how much at any one time. Engine rpm never match car speed , they are either lower or higher. 👍

• Like 3

All 5 of my Lexus Hybrid cars had Rev Counters when in Sport Mode & as my car has the Sport Option I just asked.

Sourced my Mud Flaps from Amazon.

Tel

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Only if you have Head up display. But agree with others, rev counter is basically pointless in hybrids.

• Like 3

Yeah, I think the only way to get a tacho on the new Yarisusesiesueses is with the HUD.

I have it enabled on mine as it helps me keep an eye on the engine when it's trying to run sneakily! :laugh:  But most of the time you can tell if you're giving it beans as that 3-pot gets very growly :laugh: 

I wish I could have it and the Power meter on the HUD at the same time, but it's one or the other sadly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Rev counter its pointless in Toyota hybrids. The power meter its a a way better and more functional. Rev counter can help the driver with gear changes in manual transmission but Toyota hybrids has no gears and the  power to the wheels is delivered by two sources and the power meter let you know from which one and how much at any one time. Engine rpm never match car speed , they are either lower or higher. 👍

Whilst I agree that a rev counter is largely pointless in a Toyota Hybrid I am still reassured by the presence of one in my Corolla Hybrid. Old habits etc.

• Like 5

Auris gen 1 
The car has the typical power meter which we all know how it works and in addition to that on the right side there is a Battery sign with arrows, simple, clear to read and useful. Most Toyota model have it but some models are too large on the centre screen, others too small in the dashboard, not as easy to read while driving( Corolla, Prius etc). 
In Auris 1 hybrid when under acceleration for example joining the motorway I can see where I am on the power meter but also I can see from where exactly power goes to the wheels and I can control that via the accelerator, push harder or release a bit. Often when the car is in middle of power section the power delivery it’s from the ice only and the engine is screaming high, push further and Battery comes onto help , the car shoots ahead faster and no drowning sounds., release a bit and I can see the Battery is helping again and the engine is quiet and efficient.
This is why I like it the most of all Toyota hybrids I have  tried, just because it’s the right size at the right place. The latest Corolla might have similar layout to choose on its fully digital drivers display. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links