Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross accessories and improvements

anchorman

Thrilled with my car.

Rained all day & was cold yesterday in my neck of the Woods.

Apple Car Play & Dongle connected under a minute.

Build is excellent & the Body Colour could not be chosen better as the colour 'pops' even in rain.

The City Pack excels for easy Parking in confined spaces & I am pleased I declined the Sport Suspension Option as normal AWD is a touch firm yet smooth. Handling is good.

The Amazon Sill tape for the Rear is too stiff to Apply & the Acoustic Matting needs 15 degrees plus.

How do you remove the plastic plug that secures the Foam Container underneath the rear Decking please -----maybe higher temps help here ?

Chuffed 

Tel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Thrilled with my car.

Rained all day & was cold yesterday in my neck of the Woods.

Apple Car Play & Dongle connected under a minute.

Build is excellent & the Body Colour could not be chosen better as the colour 'pops' even in rain.

The City Pack excels for easy Parking in confined spaces & I am pleased I declined the Sport Suspension Option as normal AWD is a touch firm yet smooth. Handling is good.

The Amazon Sill tape for the Rear is too stiff to Apply & the Acoustic Matting needs 15 degrees plus.

How do you remove the plastic plug that secures the Foam Container underneath the rear Decking please -----maybe higher temps help here ?

Chuffed 

Tel

It’s actually got a slot in it Terry.  Turn it anti clockwise while just putting a little upward pressure with your fingers from below.  I’ve had mine out today if you’ll pardon the expression!

C3B47EE3-87D2-48FB-870F-AD96FA56E0F9.jpeg

• Haha 4

Did your new car come with  the Toyota Breakdown/Medical Bag or is this another Cost Saving ?

Tel

3 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Did your new car come with  the Toyota Breakdown/Medical Bag or is this another Cost Saving ?

Tel

I think it has breakdown for 12 months but someone said 3 years.  Can someone confirm?

Dont know what the medical bag is but didn’t get it.  

I have taken out a 3 year Emac Service Plan that is c.£27 per month & includes a further 2 years breakdown cover & 10% off accessories.

Tel

What is this connector for? Mine is not connected. Maybe park assistance?

9B32F2E7-EE84-425A-98E0-BB1EB97E5B2B.jpeg

On 3/3/2023 at 7:37 PM, anchorman said:

I think it has breakdown for 12 months but someone said 3 years.  Can someone confirm?

Dont know what the medical bag is but didn’t get it.  

My 12 month old Corolla came with the 'medical bag'. It is, without going out to confirm, some bandages, gloves, warning triangle and hi-vis jacket. The car came with a 3 year warranty, which includes 3 years breakdown cover. (Bear in mind that I am in Ireland).

2 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

My 12 month old Corolla came with the 'medical bag'. It is, without going out to confirm, some bandages, gloves, warning triangle and hi-vis jacket. The car came with a 3 year warranty, which includes 3 years breakdown cover. (Bear in mind that I am in Ireland).

Is that what's in it?
I've never even taken mine out of the cellophane wrapper.

• Like 2

Rear Sill Protection courtesy of Amazon on 2nd. attempt

Tel

IMG_0010.jpeg

• Like 6

Finally ordered Side Body Protection.

On Back Order ,due middle of next month !

Tel

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Finally ordered Side Body Protection.

Is that the black trim which is stuck half way up the doors?

On 3/5/2023 at 10:37 AM, Nikos1 said:

What is this connector for? Mine is not connected. Maybe park assistance?

9B32F2E7-EE84-425A-98E0-BB1EB97E5B2B.jpeg

Not got a clue.  It does have park assistance and blind spot monitoring so could be either.  

My 2023 Excel AWD has Ultra Bright Driver & Passenger Vanity Mirrors & many other features I have yet to discover[?]

As you know the cost of mine was high &, 2023 Build Cars lacked the HUD ,the Pan Roof,the JBL Option.,the Two-Tone Paint Option &, for the Xmas 2022 Order program, no Black 18 inch Alloy Wheels.

My Order was delivered in 8 weeks because it was a cancelled Order & Scarlet Flare with Fancy Vanity Lights is a rare sight on these crowded isles.

First 50 mile trip achieved 62 mpg from a subzero Start.

Tel

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Yes

Would be great if you could post a photo once fitted. I've only seen one small low resolution image of them.

3 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

My 2023 Excel AWD has Ultra Bright Driver & Passenger Vanity Mirrors

I'm intrigued about this. Mine came with basic yellow tungsten bulbs in the vanity mirror lights. I swapped them for white LEDs.

• Like 1

Up--Date,

No Issue with Mirror or Lights.

Parked in Bakewell 2 Light Years from Plebs yet Farmer Giles insisted he & another Local almost shared my Space.

Have Silicon sprayed the rear door rear seal which is identical to my Lexus cars in that dirt almost breaches said seal. The silicon application really helps.

Image of my Wireless Dongle fitted & my Phone Charging System.

Tel

IMG_0014.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

As promissed

Thanks, that is pretty smart. Is that the official Toyota part?

Re- Improved Parcel Shelf.

Spec cannot interfere with Hatch Opening with weight being critical.

Thus looked @ a non lift version but there is no existing lateral support to secure this obviously.

Test Drove with a Heavy old school Blanket over the Hatch Floor & any discernible gain was negligible.

Tel

• 3 weeks later...

As previously discussed, I did the towbar today on a brand new Excel.   It’s a big job requiring the bumper off and then all the interior trim.  The trick is getting all the wires in and as neat as the original.  It’s about £450  for the towbar and electrics but the towbar weighs a ton, is powder coated and this one is detachable.  You have to remove the kick sensor and cut an hole in the bumper then fit the bumper and the kick sensor goes on last which is a fiddle.  The thing with the green and yellow wires is the kick sensors it presumably sets up a field.  Anyway, here’s a couple of shots.  I’ve included the parts spread about my garden.  It’s a dry day job!

one other thing.  For those with an AWD, there is an insert to go around the styrene insert.  It cost about £75 and it makes the boot underfloor look a lot tidier.  

9CD686EC-286E-479B-85BD-FBB1054D5724.jpeg

4A4A0090-71EF-474F-82E5-C4AB8A6A755D.jpeg

F56C03B3-3A37-495D-9D9A-7A15940B629A.jpeg

49643C71-23A7-431B-89B3-791A9E388315.jpeg

F5394D87-A227-45DF-9C8F-4F4605A1D4E9.jpeg

• Like 4

A Super Star as ever------Well Done.

Tel

• Like 2

11 hours ago, anchorman said:

For those with an AWD, there is an insert to go around the styrene insert.  It cost about £75 and it makes the boot underfloor look a lot tidier.  

Ooh, I like that. I need that to cover up all my "rust". 😜

Seriously though, do you have the part number and is it just a drop-in part? I don't have your dismantling skills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Ooh, I like that. I need that to cover up all my "rust". 😜

Seriously though, do you have the part number and is it just a drop-in part? I don't have your dismantling skills.

Haha, it also reduces noise from the hopeless rear axle when you’re trying to get across a match stalk.   It isn’t hard to fit but just a tiny bit fiddly.  If you get hold of that styrene insert with a hand at each side and give it a sharp upward tug, it only has one plastic stud locating it and it will pop out.  You then put the insert filler in and then put the styrene back.  It’s made out of thick flexible plastic and as you feed the styrene back you have to keep pulling the lip of the insert around it.  An extra pair of hands to feed the lip around is helpful but not essential.  The part number is TPW241-0D004 and it’s described on the invoice as “Box”!   The price is £72 +VAT but I got 15% discount so 61.20 so £73.44 all in.  

• Thanks 1