Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cleaning marker

DC_Ms

I’m trying to clean these marker writings , but none of my cleaning solutions work …. Koch Chemie PolStar 1:10 and GS 1:10 didn’t do the job. Any suggestions ?

69E45F8E-3305-404B-890B-664C1D56ADC9.jpeg

Dab a little rubbing alcohol on a small section leave it for 10 minutes and wipe it off with a dry cloth. Make sure you try a small bit first the you should be fine to do the rest. Hope this helps.👍

• Like 2

If you get stuck, you can colour over it with a dry erase marker, and then clean it off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Dab a little rubbing alcohol on a small section leave it for 10 minutes and wipe it off with a dry cloth. Make sure you try a small bit first the you should be fine to do the rest. Hope this helps.👍

I will give it a try …

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paul9 said:

If you get stuck, you can colour over it with a dry erase marker, and then clean it off.

This is a great trick; Used it many times where people have used permanent markers on an interactive whiteboard and nothing else would get it off... :rolleyes1:

• Like 4

Isopropyl Alcohol aka IPA , nail varnish remover 50:50 with water but be very careful and rince it off with hot soapy water asap

did you ground them for a week or a month ?

PS. after a quick google, CB4_repo (cb4_redo) looks like a TikTok user

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

This is a great trick; Used it many times where people have used permanent markers on an interactive whiteboard and nothing else would get it off... :rolleyes1:

Did an OU summer school.  Our course tutor had flown in from Switzerland, she was English, and our group room at the University had been refurbished and had a pristine white projector screen. 

We watched in stunned silence as she took a white board marker and..... 

She had done a fair bit on this non rigid board before stopping in horror. 😂

• Like 1

Ha mine wasn't at such a high-level of education :laugh: 

I learnt about this trick in a primary school - Class had a supply teacher and all the kids were crying because she'd gone and drawn all over their brand new interactive smartboard :eek:  

She'd then tried to wipe it off with a normal dry erase rubber and made it even worse! We tried a few of the whiteboard cleaners and general purpose cleaners we had lying around but they just made it worse by smearing it all over the screen even more! I went to find the site manager to see if he had anything that could shift it, but he just gives me a snarky grin and we go back to the class. He has a quick look, then grabs a big chisel tip marker and starts scribbling all over the board while we're all giving him that "What are you doing?! Have you gone insane?!" look.

Then having scribbled all over the affected areas with the marker, he then wipes it off with the board rubber and bam, all gone! :eek: 

There were still some more stubborn bits, but he just scribbled over those again and wiped them down until it had all gone. I still don't know why scribbling over permanent marker with a dry erase marker makes it not permanent any more, but it's a good trick and he was very smug about it :laugh: 

The funniest bit was while the kids are all cheering him, I'm like, how did you do that?! and he just grins at me and says "Magic!", and shows everyone the marker he used, which literally says Magic Marker on it :laugh: 

I think the dry erase and permanent use the same solvents, just different dyes. So the permanent will soften up again.

• Like 1

Not heard of the dry marker method but the old rubbing alcohol application is also a good solution.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 12:15 PM, flash22 said:

Isopropyl Alcohol aka IPA , nail varnish remover 50:50

Slight deviation,i used nail varnish remover when I got a rock hard clear gobs of a clear resin on the bodywork. 

I used make up removal pads. 

Those circular removal pads would be good for the marker removal as they are absorbent like cotton wool but don't break up. 

• Like 1

You have to be careful with the nail varnish remover on paintwork as it'll start to eat the lacquer!!

• Like 1

I once used nail varnish remover to dissolve glue remnants on double glazing units which previously had fake lead decorative diamond strips.  The glazing units looked horrible but the varnish remover dissolved every trace of the glue on a single application.  Like Cyker says, I would exercise extreme caution if using it on paintwork.

• Like 2

Used some WD40 today and also cotton swab dipped in AutoGlym Tar , but nothing.

next will try some IPA

On 1/29/2023 at 12:15 PM, flash22 said:

Isopropyl Alcohol aka IPA , nail varnish remover 50:50 with water but be very careful and rince it off with hot soapy water asap

did you ground them for a week or a month ?

PS. after a quick google, CB4_repo (cb4_redo) looks like a TikTok user

Not my kids 🙃

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links