Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine management recall ?

powerman

Received a call from my dealer yesterday that my 2021 RAV  HEV is subject to recall for the engine management. Any body out there know what the exact issue is?            

thanks, 

Thomas.

• Confused 1

News to me, but since I have one I suppose I had better contact a dealer on Monday.

• Like 1

Simply look up your car (VIN) in the Toyota Recall Checker ...

(The checker asks for VIN or Registration number - it doesn't recognise my Registration number but does recognise my VIN)

Edit: OK, it doesn't appear to recognise either now! 😞 Does the checker work for others?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philip42h said:

(The checker asks for VIN or Registration number - it doesn't recognise my Registration number but does recognise my VIN)

Edit: OK, it doesn't appear to recognise either now! 😞 Does the checker work for others?

Doesn't recognise either of my details either.

Wonder if its just a glitch or is Toyota similar to PSA who used to update there backend systems at weekends - would often find the service, parts, recall etc info wouldn't be available again until Monday morning.

10 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Doesn't recognise either of my details either.

Wonder if its just a glitch or is Toyota similar to PSA who used to update there backend systems at weekends - would often find the service, parts, recall etc info wouldn't be available again until Monday morning.

It feels like Toyota blankety-blank software systems again ... 😞 ... I'm sure that it used to work!

• Like 2

Mine has worked in the past so checked this morning, can not find my car.

Recall Checker

Your Toyota

Sorry, we couldn't find your car details in our database

Your vehicle cannot be identified by the Recall Checker. Please contact your nearest Centre (click here) who can confirm the status of your vehicle.

• Like 1

Try again later tonight or tomorrow morning, I suspect the system is down for maintenance & weekend time is best as dealership service & parts departments will be closed. 

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

Try again later tonight or tomorrow morning, I suspect the system is down for maintenance & weekend time is best as dealership service & parts departments will be closed. 

You’re probably right Lee, but it does seem that the Toyota systems are managed at the convenience of the staff rather than the customers. Just about every other car support system I’ve ever used were always available and the systems updated/maintained overnight. They seem to be constantly messing with the ‘live’ systems not having an off line beta system to use to evaluate changes based on the constant errors and missing data that’s reported on here. It’s just so frustrating that the customer interfaces have become so unreliable.

• Like 2

I think I've had two DCM-related recalls so far! :laugh: 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2023 at 10:04 AM, forkingabout said:

I tried again just now, since it's Monday - the recall checker is still 'down' ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philip42h said:

I tried again just now, since it's Monday - the recall checker is still 'down' ...

Maybe the recall checker needs a recall 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 1/28/2023 at 8:47 PM, philip42h said:

No. The recall checker has never recognised either my VIN or VRM. It always says that it cannot find my details in the database and to contact a dealer.

• Like 2

Well I rang my local dealer today and asked about the recall for engine management system! They checked and said yes you have got a recall but not for that. Said something about multi media and something else which I didn't catch. I said can that wait till the next service and they said " not really it needs doing asap!!!!! So booked in for 8 February and will take one hour whilst I wait.Must find out what was so important to need doing quite quickly.

Terry

• Like 1

Terry, it might be no more than wotkflow.  If they have capacity now they might prefer to get it out of the way early.  Just a guess. 

Consider the  problem BMW had with numbers requiring recall increasing by the day and waiting lists growing by weeks. 

Thanks Roy,Whatever, I have a few long trip's coming up so am happy enough to get it out of the way now.

Terry

1 hour ago, Terry10 said:

Thanks Roy,Whatever, I have a few long trip's coming up so am happy enough to get it out of the way now.

Terry

Certainly interesting for others to know what it's about. 

Recall checker doesn't recognise my vehicle either (checked 5 minutes ago).

On 1/29/2023 at 12:49 PM, Cyker said:

I think I've had two DCM-related recalls so far! :laugh: 

Was one mine 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm in on Friday for....

XGG78 - PDC / RSSC / CSC / ICSC - for DCM reprogramming on certain Multiple Models

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terry10 said:

🙃🙃 Any idea what any of that means?

Stop the 12V Battery going flat randomly or after a few days? DCM wasn't shutting down properly on mine. Several flat Battery incidents. Software update fixed it. 

• Like 2

ahh right. Luckily never had an issue with mine but if it sorts potential problems then great.

thanks Terry

3 hours ago, Terry10 said:

🙃🙃 Any idea what any of that means?

This is supposed to resolve me not being able to connect to the car from the app, Ie. start charging or preconditioning. Apparently if this doesn't work, they will have to replace the DCM.

Well mine went in today and I sat there for an hour waiting. Got handed the keys and told all done so I asked what it was they had done exactly! It was apparently the S.O.S unit and that was it! Guess I can't argue with that but it was nothing like has been mentioned on here.

Terry