Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine management recall ?

powerman

The SOS button is linked in to the DCM.

The DCM is basically the vehicles built in mobile sim to connect to the internet for various data services like My T ( if Toyota remember to put another 50 pence in the meter so it works ) & the SOS eCall system.

For eCall to work correctly when activated the vehicle needs to know where its current location is. 

eCall is free for the life of the vehicle.

My T services require an active subscription.

20 minutes ago, Terry10 said:

Well mine went in today and I sat there for an hour waiting. Got handed the keys and told all done so I asked what it was they had done exactly! It was apparently the S.O.S unit and that was it! Guess I can't argue with that but it was nothing like has been mentioned on here.

Terry

There was a recall for the SOS unit done on mine at purchase. It shows in the service history as:

Recall WGG58

Is that what you had?

14 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

There was a recall for the SOS unit done on mine at purchase. It shows in the service history as:

Recall WGG58

Is that what you had?

Thats the one

SC.jpg

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

Thats the one

SC.jpg

If that was intended to address the issue of some trips not being recorded you may be disappointed. I have that update and mine misses between 30% and 50% of trips. Sometimes it's the outbound trip, sometimes the return and sometimes one of the legs in the middle. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I might ask the local dealer to check software versions actual vs expected just in case.

Does anyone know how to check the signal strength that the DCM has? I know the phone signal strength is shown in the display but where might I find the strength for the DCM SIM?

My PHEV went for it's 1st service today. Only recall/campaign fix applied was the Brake Actuator ECU reprogramming XGG22. Although not listed on my paperwork, when I dropped it off they mentioned about some update to the multimedia, but I have no idea what or whether they actually did anything. My car was manufactured end of December 2021.

It's likely had the DCM software update applied as well.

Just had a look at the paperwork with the recall and it says quote " XGG78 recall " they told me it was for the sos update.🤷🏻
Terry.

1 minute ago, Terry10 said:

Just had a look at the paperwork with the recall and it says quote " XGG78 recall " they told me it was for the sos update.🤷🏻
Terry.

DCM.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links