Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross Owner's Opinions

Bper

Would welcome any owner's comments on the Yaris Cross since ownership. Ride quality, comfort, MPG etc., Basically, pro's and con's.๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Hi Bob, I was thinking of posting "1 month in with my new YC" so your Q has prompted this

My car is a YC Excel AWD. On the supplied 18-inch wheels and summer tyres, I did find the road noise a bit excessive and the car thumped badly over the local appalling roads' potholes and other imperfections. I changed the 18-inch wheels to 16-inch with all-season tyres and now the bump absorption is much improved, with a significant reduction in road noise as an (expected) bonus -seeย 

ย 

The overall ride (ie a function of the suspension, not tyres/wheels) is on the firmer side but is pretty good considering the size of the car and it's adequately comfortable even on our appalling roads. It also handles very well, and has light steering and is easy to manoeuvre in towns and car parks. The engine is a bit loud and vibratory when cold at certain rpm, but once cruising it's pretty quiet, acceptably smooth, no complaints: like many cars, wind and road noise dominate at higher speeds anyway. Sound from the standard infotainment system is decent, I've heard better but also far worse. DAB reception is surprisingly good - I sometimes drive in areas where the signal strength is weak, and the YC copes very well

Economy - pointless for me to quote mpg because where, when and how I drive might be very different to you. But so far I'm seriously impressed, oh yes

Interior storage could be better, but there are worse cars. I like the shelf under the infotainment screen, perfect for my phone, with a suitably short USB lead to connect to car

I totally love the CVT gearbox - a previous car was a Skoda with VW's 'famed' DSG box, and it was lumpy at low speed, especially when cold, and at times unpredictable. The seamless, smooth CVT YC box is lovely, given my driving style and where I drive

Seats - totally fine for me, but seat comfort is hugely personal. Love the overall driving position and SWMBO is very appreciative of the height-adjustable passenger seat (are you listening Honda?). The variable lumbar support also works well. Seat heating is easy, and wonderful dials for climate control! (unlike my VW 'main car' which is a BEV). Easy to fold mirrors in when required, indeed, mostly very intuitive controls

Boot size is good, and lordy, wonderful, a 12V socket in the boot! Easy(ish) to remove the load cover, not yet tried the folding trick. Headlights are excellent, not up to matrix lights on our BEV, but a nice sharp cutoff and level beam, so looks like beam deflectors won't be needed for driving in the wonderful, prosperous EU

I need a towbar for my bike carrier, and the YC's factory fitted one is, so far, proving to be very good (a separate review coming 'soon', I'll post photos)

Niggles? The auto main beam switch...er.... what substances were they taking when they decided to put it down by the driver's right knee? Next to the switch for the heated steering wheel? Really? Auto dim-dip works as well as any car I've tried, ie better than most inattentive drivers, not as well as someone who's paying attention

So, overall, yes, car meets our needs, refinement is up to expectation for the size and cost of vehicle. Acid test: if it got stolen or written off.... I'd almost certainly have another one

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hi Keith, thank you for that very comprehensive and informative review of your Yaris Cross.

You have covered all the aspects I was looking for, would still be interested in the real world MPG the Cross achieves on long runs and around town but hopefully another cross owner will comment on this.

If you ever need to change jobs I will put you forward for the next presenter of Top Gear๐Ÿ˜…. Thanks again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

You're welcome Bob....and since you asked, my driving is very rarely at commute time (I cycle or walk to work) and is typically fairly quiet A- and B-roads, and urban. My current average fuel economy (I reset at refill) is ~64 mpg, as indicated by the car. The MyT app showed that on a recent cross-country 20 mile journey, the trip mpg was low-70s. I'm a very relaxed but not tortoise-slow driver

If you have any specific Qs, when I next get back to the forum, I will try and answer, although others here normally contribute with more knowledge than I have so might get there first!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Keith, thank you for that very comprehensive and informative review of your Yaris Cross.

You have covered all the aspects I was looking for, would still be interested in the real world MPG the Cross achieves on long runs and around town but hopefully another cross owner will comment on this.

If you ever need to change jobs I will put you forward for the next presenter of Top Gear๐Ÿ˜…. Thanks again.

They change quite significantly in warmer weather. ย Mines too new to make a sensible assessment (AWD) but my neighbour had over 70 from her AWD in warm weather. ย I think itโ€™s in the 50 s now but she nearly ventures out in cold weather. ย 

• Like 5

Is the road noise any different on the 2wd..?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Is the road noise any different on the 2wd..?

Not got a clue ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• Like 1

10 hours ago, anchorman said:

Not got a clue ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

And what about direct comparison to the Yaris mk4 you had before?ย 
Which one is more refined on A roads and motorways?ย 
Thanksย 

• Like 4

This is my review after 2 weeks of ownership and 800 km covered.
It's not an objective review I'm switched from an e92 BMW, 170kW diesel, I'm trying not to compare it with the cross because it's a different category but some comparisons were made.
My cross is basically fully loaded except 4x4 drivetrain, pan. roof and JBL sound system.

Long story short: It's a great car. Little pricey but (mine) packed with tech. Cars like the Skoda kamik, ford puma are a little cheaper but not as advanced in accessories. If it will be your main car and you like new car tech, it's the car for you. If you don't need any equipment(including aut. transmission) in the cabin, then Skoda is a better choice.(but I don't like skoda's)

Long story...
- Looks/Body - I like it a much. There are some issues with panel matching, but mainly with plastic parts(wheel arches etc) that are not completely perfect screw together but nothing like the tesla panel gap. Well, it's not a Lexus. My old BMW was made with higher precision. But I'm ****** about this, so a normal person won't notice.
The front doors are nice and big, not super light, and doors shut down with some nice deaded sound ( not a thin sheet metal sound), they also cover the door's threshold, but not completely, some dirt penetrates in and you can get your pants dirty from it during get in/out.
Doors have two sealings with an additional third on top of the doors.
Ground clearance is awesome and almost everything under the cars is under plastic covers. The back doors are shorter and don't open at a wide angle, so it's a little hard to get in and out but nothing horrible if you used them only occasionally, space in the back is ok for a small car.

Driving comfort - the car is set to the harder side, with my R18s, the car is pretty hard over the potholes but not noisy, you feel them but the shocks are nicely damped. If you put R16 with big sidewalls your ride will be much softer. But I don't mind this little harder chassis, the reward for me is absolutely great handling for this car category.

Seats - I'm happy with them but not for long journeys. Everything under a 1-hour trip is ok, they are nice and soft and at the same time, they hold you nicely. But they are pretty limited in how you can adjust the seating position and the lower parts it quite short. I'm 178cm in height and they are short for me. My back started hurting after a one-hour drive. They have at least inflatable lumbar support. My daily commute is under 30min drive so no major issue with seats, they are easy to get in and out, but long journeys will be a problem.
Heating has low and high stages. They heat only the middle part of the seats, sides are cold. ( to be clear, I'm comparing them with those from BMW, they were top spec, heated with memory, and they were just awesome and comfortable on long journeys )

The trunk - it's nice and big. No complaints here. You will try it in the showroom. There are four metal anchors, a double deck, repair kit with a compressor. One light for the whole trunk.

- Steering wheel and cabin - my steering wheel is heated but the heating happens only where you should hold the steering wheel, other parts are not heated or only partial ( not nice to touch during winter), still a great feature in winter.
But overall, the buttons on the steering wheel are great, same with the cabin, no complaints here.ย 

- Engine - hybrid drivetrain is awesome, it's definitely not for everybody, but when you know how it works, you will enjoy it. I can imagine that for someone with no experience with hybrid or for a not technical person, it can be strange, with lots of noises under the bonnet, unrelated to car speed or engine rpm. But everything happens automatically. ( for example, I'm aware of everything that my yaris doing under the bonnet, but my girlfriend doesn't, so it's perfectly ok for people who just don't care, they just drive.)
Consumption is awesome so far, I'm averaging 5L/100km in 0ยฐC winter time with AC on air blasting at 22ยฐC in the cabin, heating steering wheel constantly ON, and heating seats at first 10 minutes of drive. I'm expecting to go to 4-4.5L/100 in the summer. With normal driving style. (70% city, 20% county roads, 10% highway)
The 3-piston engine is quite loud in certain situations, but not louder that any other with a 3-cylinder engine. But nothing to worry about, during steady speeds, even on highways the engine is quiet. City driving with only an electric motor is dope, same with maneuvering on parking lots, etc, I love that. The paper specs are not awesome but the car is super nimble in town thanks to the electric engine. You will not feel a lack of power in town, I will guarantee you. It's ok even on highways but, well, nothing like my old 170kW diesel. But it's fine, really is.

Tech on board - I'm a tech guy and I love car gadgets, powered liftgate was a must-have feature and it's perfect, they have a "close" button and a second "close and lock" button, hallelujah, and kick opening also working good. BiLED matrix headlights are awesome, not super powerful but they shine nicely and the matrix function works as on other cars. HUD is another awesome thing. adaptive cruise control, keep line control. ( on highways this is awesome, cars drive in the middle of your lane basically on their own). This kind of tech is not available from others car manufacturers in this car category. Keyless entry and start. Wireless android car play or Apple car play. And of course lots of safety features. Speakers (six) are mediocre.

MyT app - it's a nice addition to your car, I can precondition the car and also lock/unlock the car. Driving stats have only informative characters and not every drive is recorded(or transferred to the app).

What I don't like - ย The seats are not good for long journeys. ย The car is quiet in the city speeds but everything over 80kmh means lots of wind noise. It's not a quiet car. The back doors are just too small to get in/out. Maneuvering child seats can be a challenging task. Climate control, namely vent speed not calm down in winter times even during long trips when the temp in the cabin is stabilized. (in my previous car, the ac was completely silent after 10 minutes, I don't even know some conditioning happening).

Nothing of this is that much of an issue for me to not buy this car again. The yaris cross has so many positives that some little unperfections are negligible in my opinion.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

And what about direct comparison to the Yaris mk4 you had before?ย 
Which one is more refined on A roads and motorways?ย 
Thanksย 

I suppose it depends what you like Tony. Keep in mind mines got the multi link suspension but it is a lot more compliant over uneven surfaces - it tends to iron bumps out with very little feedback and itโ€™s a lot quieter from the back despite having quite a large area of exposed boot floor. ย it seems quieter altogether but these things are very subjective, it might be because itโ€™s smoother. ย I can summarise by saying it is quieter and smoother than the Yaris (mine was a Design trim). ย  I like the higher driving position although oddly you can see under the bonnet! ย The headlights are better, especially on main beam which is more focused although I must say, the design of the Yaris headlights was really nice imo. ย Iโ€™ve already been dazzled by the auto mirror as someone else mentioned - Iโ€™ve got a manual one kicking about which might get swapped but Iโ€™ll try the computer camera screen first and see how that goes. ย Itโ€™s very plush and tight with no rattles yet (as it should be). ย Getting high 40s at the moment which is fine given itโ€™s still tight and the weather - that puts it about 10 down on the Yaris (8000 miles). The stereo has 6 Speakers and sounds better than the Yaris 4. ย Iโ€™m still miffed they pulled the JBL part way through the order as they sell it in other markets. ย The seats are over bolstered for my liking but itโ€™s new so they might give. ย I donโ€™t get the current trend of everything having bolstered seats. ย The Yaris had them but I think (might be my imagination) they were less so. ย Iโ€™ve got more toys because of the spec but the dash has dozens of options to flick through. ย I think thatโ€™s it for now. ย I may add more as time goes on. ย 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, RobertR said:

It's not an objective review I'm switched from an e92 BMW, 170kW diesel, I'm trying not to compare it with the cross because it's a different category but some comparisons were made.
My cross is basically fully loaded except 4x4 drivetrain, pan. roof and JBL sound system.

Long story short: It's a great car. Little pricey but (mine) packed with tech. Cars like the Skoda kamik, ford puma are a little cheaper but not as advanced in accessories. If it will be your main car and you like new car tech, it's the car for you. If you don't need any equipment(including aut. transmission) in the cabin, then Skoda is a better choice.(but I don't like skoda's)

Long story...
- Looks/Body - I like it a much. There are some issues with panel matching, but mainly with plastic parts(wheel arches etc) that are not completely perfect screw together but nothing like the tesla panel gap. Well, it's not a Lexus. My old BMW was made with higher precision. But I'm ****** about this, so a normal person won't notice.
The front doors are nice and big, not super light, and doors shut down with some nice deaded sound ( not a thin sheet metal sound), they also cover the door's threshold, but not completely, some dirt penetrates in and you can get your pants dirty from it during get in/out.
Ground clearance is awesome and almost everything under the cars is under plastic covers. The back doors are shorter and don't open at a wide angle, so it's a little hard to get in and out but nothing horrible if you used them only occasionally, space in the back is ok for a small car.

Driving comfort - the car is set to the harder side, with my R18s, the car is pretty hard over the potholes but not noisy, you feel them but the shocks are nicely damped. If you put R16 with big sidewalls your ride will be much softer. But I don't mind this little harder chassis, the reward for me is absolutely great handling for this car category.

Seats - I'm happy with them but not for long journeys. Everything under a 1-hour trip is ok, they are nice and soft and at the same time, they hold you nicely. But they are pretty limited in how you can adjust the seating position and the lower parts it quite short. I'm 178cm in height and they are short for me. My back started hurting after a one-hour drive. They have at least inflatable lumbar support. My daily commute is under 30min drive so no major issue with seats, they are easy to get in and out, but long journeys will be a problem.
Heating has low and high stages. They heat only the middle part of the seats, sides are cold. ( to be clear, I'm comparing them with those from BMW, they were top spec, heated with memory, and they were just awesome and comfortable on long journeys )

The trunk - it's nice and big. No complaints here. You will try it in the showroom. There are four metal anchors, a double deck, repair kit with a compressor. One light for the whole trunk.

- Steering wheel and cabin - my steering wheel is heated but the heating happens only where you should hold the steering wheel, other parts are not heated or only partial ( not nice to touch during winter), still a great feature in winter.
But overall, the buttons on the steering wheel are great, same with the cabin, no complaints here.ย 

- Engine - hybrid drivetrain is awesome, it's definitely not for everybody, but when you know how it works, you will enjoy it. I can imagine that for someone with no experience with hybrid or for a not technical person, it can be strange, with lots of noises under the bonnet, unrelated to car speed or engine rpm. But everything happens automatically. ( for example, I'm aware of everything that my yaris doing under the bonnet, but my girlfriend doesn't, so it's perfectly ok for people who just don't care, they just drive.)
Consumption is awesome so far, I'm averaging 5L/100km in 0ยฐC winter time with AC on air blasting at 22ยฐC in the cabin, heating steering wheel constantly ON, and heating seats at first 10 minutes of drive. I'm expecting to go to 4-4.5L/100 in the summer. With normal driving style. (70% city, 20% county roads, 10% highway)
The 3-piston engine is quite loud in certain situations, but not louder that any other with a 3-cylinder engine. But nothing to worry about, during steady speeds, even on highways the engine is quiet. City driving with only an electric motor is dope, same with maneuvering on parking lots, etc, I love that. The paper specs are not awesome but the car is super nimble in town thanks to the electric engine. You will not feel a lack of power in town, I will guarantee you. It's ok even on highways but, well, nothing like my old 170kW diesel. But it's fine, really is.

Tech on board - I'm a tech guy and I love car gadgets, powered liftgate was a must-have feature and it's perfect, they have a "close" button and a second "close and lock" button, hallelujah, and kick opening also working good. BiLED matrix headlights are awesome, not super powerful but they shine nicely and the matrix function works as on other cars. HUD is another awesome thing. adaptive cruise control, keep line control. ( on highways this is awesome, cars drive in the middle of your lane basically on their own). This kind of tech is not available from others car manufacturers in this car category. Keyless entry and start. Wireless android car play or apple car play. And of course lots of safety features. Speakers (six) are mediocre.

MyT app - it's a nice addition to your car, I can precondition the car and also lock/unlock the car. Driving stats have only informative characters and not every drive is recorded(or transferred to the app).

What I don't like - ย The seats are not good for long journeys. ย The car is quiet in the city speeds but everything over 80kmh means lots of wind noise. It's not a quiet car. The back doors are just too small to get in/out. Maneuvering child seats can be a challenging task. Climate control, namely vent speed not calm down in winter times even during long trips when the temp in the cabin is stabilized. (in my previous car, the ac was completely silent after 10 minutes, I don't even know some conditioning happening).

Nothing of this is that much of an issue for me to not buy this car again. The yaris cross has so many positives that some little unperfections are negligible in my opinion.

I think the climate control is one of the better features of current Toyotas. ย Mine has dual controls which was a must because anchorwomanโ€™s thermostat is stuck closed and I take beta blockers so Iโ€™m always cold. ย The fan speed wonโ€™t settle with the temps set differently but on dual it will settle right back. ย I only every use auto with AC on otherwise itโ€™s completely restrained by interfering fingers. ย It also does eventually send cooler air to the face. ย In many other markets there are vents to the rear footwell but in true Toyota GB tradition, we are deprived of it. ย I think the Nanoe x system works ok, I donโ€™t suffer much with โ€œI always turn AC off because it makes me feel dry syndromeโ€ but I certainly felt fresh enough. ย The worst thing anybody can do with an auto climate control system is not have it on auto. ย 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

I suppose it depends what you like Tony. Keep in mind mines got the multi link suspension but it is a lot more compliant over uneven surfaces - it tends to iron bumps out with very little feedback and itโ€™s a lot quieter from the back despite having quite a large area of exposed boot floor. ย it seems quieter altogether but these things are very subjective, it might be because itโ€™s smoother. ย I can summarise by saying it is quieter and smoother than the Yaris (mine was a Design trim). ย  I like the higher driving position although oddly you can see under the bonnet! ย The headlights are better, especially on main beam which is more focused although I must say, the design of the Yaris headlights was really nice imo. ย Iโ€™ve already been dazzled by the auto mirror as someone else mentioned - Iโ€™ve got a manual one kicking about which might get swapped but Iโ€™ll try the computer camera screen first and see how that goes. ย Itโ€™s very plush and tight with no rattles yet (as it should be). ย Getting high 40s at the moment which is fine given itโ€™s still tight and the weather - that puts it about 10 down on the Yaris (8000 miles). The stereo has 6 speakers and sounds better than the Yaris 4. ย Iโ€™m still miffed they pulled the JBL part way through the order as they sell it in other markets. ย The seats are over bolstered for my liking but itโ€™s new so they might give. ย I donโ€™t get the current trend of everything having bolstered seats. ย The Yaris had them but I think (might be my imagination) they were less so. ย Iโ€™ve got more toys because of the spec but the dash has dozens of options to flick through. ย I think thatโ€™s it for now. ย I may add more as time goes on. ย 

Thanks for the reply ๐Ÿ‘

It seems the Cross is the better one for me then. The auto dim mirror itโ€™s must have extra for me too, I wonโ€™t change it for anything. I am surprised you donโ€™t like it, is the green light ON ? I understood some luxury cars like top models from Volvo and Mercedes has these auto dim functionality on the side mirrors, that will be very nice.ย 
ย 

• Like 4

If I am correct Yaric Cross does not have Matrix LED, they have adaptive auto high beam.

can somesome correct me if I am wrong

ย 

Matrix LED

• Like 2

Two more negatives to look at in the showroom...
Cup holders - they are under the middle armrest and they are nothing good. For bottles is ok but for coffee, it's too unpractical.
Armrest - the Middle armrest is too hard, it's some kind of plastic material, and there is some foam under it but it's still very hard. The door armrest is rock-hard. No foam under the fabric. Same story with the knee, your knee is touching hard middle console plastic.

ย 

@anchormanย that's your point of view. Mine is it's not the best system out there in this class. But it's good enough, I don't have any problem with it, I'm comfortable in the car but it looks like the AC works too hard to keep occupants in comfort, I can imagine there are people who don't like hearing noise from the air coming from the fans. Rear seats get air ducts in floor space.

ย 

@NeverConsideredToyotaย VIP packet here in Slovakia have Matrix lights with automatic leveling. Lot's of countries don't have it.ย 

here is video how they work.

ย 

1 hour ago, RobertR said:

Long story...

Tech on board - I'm a tech guy and I love car gadgets, powered liftgate was a must-have feature and it's perfect, they have a "close" button and a second "close and lock" button, hallelujah, and kick opening also working good. BiLED matrix headlights are awesome, not super powerful but they shine nicely and the matrix function works as on other cars. HUD is another awesome thing. adaptive cruise control, keep line control. ( on highways this is awesome, cars drive in the middle of your lane basically on their own). This kind of tech is not available from others car manufacturers in this car category. Keyless entry and start. Wireless android car play or apple car play. And of course lots of safety features. Speakers (six) are mediocre.

Thanks for the long and informative experience sharing ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘

I had never driven one but I like a lot both Yaris versions.. Only sat in each at the showroom , it was a design trim and then in Corolla gr sport and the Corolla had noticeably more comfortable seats on both front and rear. The Yaris cross gave more airy interior feeling because of the higher roof line.ย 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RobertR said:

Two more negatives to look at in the showroom...
Cup holders - they are under the middle armrest and they are nothing good. For bottles is ok but for coffee, it's too unpractical.
Armrest - the Middle armrest is too hard, it's some kind of plastic material, and there is some foam under it but it's still very hard. The door armrest is rock-hard. No foam under the fabric. Same story with the knee, your knee is touching hard middle console plastic.

ย 

@anchormanย that's your point of view. Mine is it's not the best system out there in this class. But it's good enough, I don't have any problem with it, I'm comfortable in the car but it looks like the AC works too hard to keep occupants in comfort, I can imagine there are people who don't like hearing noise from the air coming from the fans. Rear seats get air ducts in floor space.

ย 

@NeverConsideredToyotaย VIP packet here in Slovakia have Matrix lights with automatic leveling. Lot's of countries don't have it.ย 

here is video how they work.

ย 

You are outside the uk and your car definitely ย has different specs to the uk models, perhaps itโ€™s slightly better equipped.ย 

• Like 3

I have no disagreement with any of the reviews above.ย  I would certainly buy the Excel model again.ย  No HUD option.ย ย 

There Is choice between Smart Connect and a retrograde to Touch to Go for a 360 view and a small premium.ย 

I am now use to the larger screen and functionality but am still not used to the smaller size than a Corolla or a Merc.ย  I stop too early in an open car bay; I do not park close enough to a kerb (alloy worry too).ย 

My consumption is improving having reached a low point in December.ย  Over 4 500 miles I have around 60 mpg or 4.7 ltr/100 km.ย 

I cruise around 50 on ordinary A and B roads and 62 on dual carriageways.ย 

• Like 6

What do you think about this car guys, looks like Australian import but some difficulty to register here. Otherworldly great dealย https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325493958917?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UNJhG3f9Q4O&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm surprised the Cross' rear doors have the same problem as the normal Yaris!! It's so annoying - I think if the door strap was an inch or so longer it would allow the door to open to a much more usable angle!

re. the mirror, the really really stupid thing about it is the light sensor is is in front, so if cars in the opposite carriageway have bright lights (Which they all do now!!) the mirror won't dim and there's no way to force it to short of taping over the sensor!

I got sick of being beamed in the face by trucks behind me in traffic (Why are their lights always at the exact right level to shine right in your eyes??) without the mirror dimming, so I've stuck a wad of blutack over the sensor and turn it off and on manually now with the Auto button :laugh:ย 

That Aussie YC sounds dodgy AF - Will only sell to export to the UK but says it can't be registered in the UK without a whole new dashboard? I can't help wondering if it's been nicked or something so he can't sell it in Aus...??

ย 

ย 

• Like 4

I fitted a spacing washer between Bpiller and rear door retaining strap it was a hard plastic type 4 or 5mm thickness.

ย 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Cyker said:

ย 

I got sick of being beamed in the face by trucks behind me in traffic (Why are their lights always at the exact right level to shine right in your eyes??) without the mirror dimming,

ย 

ย 

Obvious 'on it.ย  If you weren't annoyed you would not get out of their way.ย 

Had it last night.ย  Truck 3 bars ahead, traveling at 58 mph.ย  Truck behind me 10 yards back but wanting 60.

Eventually he pulled out.ย  Generous soul that I am, conscious of road usage and not wanting him to think he csn fit in 3 bars, I dropped to 2.

Sometime later, he pulled in front of the truck I was following. As he slowed to the speed of the next truck which was 58 mph, the truck I waz following slowed down to let him in

I shot passed all 3 trucks at 62 mphย 

ย 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

I fitted a spacing washer between Bpiller and rear door retaining strap it was a hard plastic type 4 or 5mm thickness.

ย 

Did you find that made enough of a difference?

Did you use a longer bolt to fasten it to the B-pillar or was there still quite a lot of thread?

ย 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I'm surprised the Cross' rear doors have the same problem as the normal Yaris!! It's so annoying - I think if the door strap was an inch or so longer it would allow the door to open to a much more usable angle!

re. the mirror, the really really stupid thing about it is the light sensor is is in front, so if cars in the opposite carriageway have bright lights (Which they all do now!!) the mirror won't dim and there's no way to force it to short of taping over the sensor!

I got sick of being beamed in the face by trucks behind me in traffic (Why are their lights always at the exact right level to shine right in your eyes??) without the mirror dimming, so I've stuck a wad of blutack over the sensor and turn it off and on manually now with the Auto button :laugh:ย 

That Aussie YC sounds dodgy AF - Will only sell to export to the UK but says it can't be registered in the UK without a whole new dashboard? I can't help wondering if it's been nicked or something so he can't sell it in Aus...??

ย 

ย 

But the sensor on the font is a dusk sensor only to note day and night not to sense bright lights . Once itโ€™s dark outside and auto dim function itโ€™s ON the mirror will become darker and wonโ€™t let lights behind to distract you.
My mirror is on the larger side as houses the screen for reversing camera and works great, I have tested it switching off the auto dim function and itโ€™s day and night difference.ย 
That guy sells another two Corolla, one is 2.0 cvt and the other is 1.8 hybrid. Very strange specs , but why canโ€™t be registered in uk is beyond me. Japanese import in kmh can ? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NeverConsideredToyota said:

If I am correct Yaric Cross does not have Matrix LED, they have adaptive auto high beam.

can somesome correct me if I am wrong

ย 

Matrix LED

Matrix Leads have Adventure and GR Sport trims. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

What do you think about this car guys, looks like Australian import but some difficulty to register here. Otherworldly great dealย https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325493958917?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UNJhG3f9Q4O&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Wouldnโ€™t touch it with a barge pole!

• Like 3