Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My T App - 'Find my car' function

EcoDriver85

I was sold my new C-HR and told the My T app incorporates a "find my car" function that can be used if the car is stolen.

Whenever I use this function on the app it finds MY location via my phone but not the location of my car.  They only way I can find the location of my car is if I register it's current location, however this is static and does not change.  Handy if you forget where you have parked but not functional if the car has been stolen.

I took it back to the Toyota Dealership and they said I need to book it in with the service department.  

Does the anti-theft function exist and work or have been lead along a merry dance by a sales rep?

Two issues:

1. Current C-HR does not have e-call SOS function which is required for the automated find my car function, as its the e-call that pings it's location.

2. Even with e-call the system currently can only give a location when car is switched off, it does not include real time location.

In this instance the sale person has given you features your car does not include.

• Like 1

I personally don't consider it an anti-theft/tracker more of a remembering where I parked feature.

As far as i've seen and am aware the car is recording it's location via the GPS (regardless of whether you use nav or not).  if your car is registered for online services and logged in on the car to Toyota (with your account) and in the myT app (with the same account) the car will upload telemetry (speed/location/driving style etc) to Toyota and the car's last location when you turned it off and this will be available in myT.

For this to work as an anti-theft it would need a permanent data connection to upload it's location.  For example your car is stolen somewhere in Scotland and then parked up in Leeds, there is no way for your car to upload it's last location in Leeds unless the thieves stole your phone, which i'll be honest is a little far fetched (but i suppose a possible scenario).

For you to have a recovery of a stolen vehicle you'd need a third party installed tracker.

I'm sure others will correct me if i've not understood.

Ok thanks guys

TBH this was the same sales person who 

A) told me she'd driven 400 miles on £20 of fuel in her Toyota Corolla Hybrid

B) the B setting on the gear stick was for "Boost" - I now know from reading the manual it means engine Braking

C) let me walk out after signing paperwork believing I was getting the full value of my car as cash back, when in fact the finance calculation and monthly repayments had been based on using the FULL amount of my part ex (£9500) as downpayment 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all!

I have problem with setting up MyT app account. Can not find place to acknowledge privacy condition etc. Picture attached. I would like to see my car order. I already put Vin number to app...

Thank you for help!

Screenshot_20220109-140847.thumb.png.f628f5fcef10223c6ae3546a0339a973.png

Have you tried acknowledging the privacy conditions on your MyT online account, rather than the through the app?

My privacy settings are in the profile settings of the app. This links back to the Toyota website.

I checked all options on Toyota website and in app as well - nowhere I can agree to terms and conditions. Can I delete my account and try to set one again?

Sign in to the MyT app on the website (small icon in the top right corner). Once signed in, click on this icon again, and then select "My Profile" and then "My Settings". Scroll down to "Terms of Use", and then click the small downward facing arrow. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Agree.

Hopefully this will help.

Hi, thank you for help!

I did as advised. Looks like all accepted (I can only reject them). App still keep asking about accepting t&c and privacy as on previous picture ???

Screenshot from web site included. 

Regards Przemek

PXL_20220110_134132338_MP.jpg

It might be worth logging out of the app, and then trying to Log in again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The app was fine on the Corolla, but on the chr it only seems to register some journeys and one day none at all. Spoke to dealer and the words chocolate and fire guard spring to mind. Anyone else getting problems like this? 

Yes, the My T app seems to have lost the plot recently. Many trip records are being delayed and some are not appearing at all. There's discussion and multiple reports on the RAV4 forum. All we can do is wait until the Toyota IT bods sort themselves out ... 😉

• Like 1

Corolla. I had a journey last 6 Thursday, fine, Sunday 2 legs no trace on either.  Monday fine, today fine. 

I had had a time earlier this week when MyT reported Error, try again later. I think it is the Server and not the car. 

Just think on the data handling.  Every time every car switches off it sends its data package to the server. Is in conceivable that the server just misses a few packages? 

I would guess the number of smart connections will only increase. 

• Like 1

Mine stopped logging journeys last Thursday, up till then had been fine. Yaris Cross.

• Like 1

Hi Getting the same. If the journey doesn't get picked up then find my car reports the car at the last logged location miles away and therefore useless.

• 3 months later...

Just got my hands on a used 2017 chr and i connected it with MYT but it doesn't show the vehicle location on the map and it doesn't have hybrid coaching either, which was something i liked on my 2019 corolla. Is it because it has the old infontainment?

I am not that familiar with C-HR model years - does your car have the eCall SOS button? If it does, it might have connected services; if it doesn't I don't think that it can ...

Your car won’t have it, it was added in MY2021.  HERE'S a thread about it (but it doesn’t really give any more info than the connected services ones have the SOS button up at the rear view mirror).

If the car has the SOS button fitted then it also means it has a DCM ( data communication module ) fitted which has a built in e sim to connect to the mobile networks.

same on my MY22

it records only few trips, I haven't find a logic as i though that maybe it record it only when start and end location are good to take the gps position, so maybe not recorded if you leave the car in a garage/box instead of an open road

• 4 months later...

My T App knows where my car is but journeys not updated for 10 days now. Deleted and restored app, Anybody else finding the same. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes ... nearly everyone I suspect ... it's certainly not just you ... 😉

• Like 3
  • Sad 1