Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My T App - 'Find my car' function

EcoDriver85

Hi I have been having the issue  trips missing the car is in the wrong location the only thing is correct is the mileage and fuel percentage.

I called Toyota customer care about the issue I am having with the issue and I was told my car needs to go to a dealership for DCM update and they say this should sort the problem.

So my car is booked in for the software update the dealership needs the car for about 2 hours.

• Like 3

I just accept it not 100% as I am always missing a odd trip each week.

If I need a softwear update it can wait until its next service aas its not a safety issue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leo63 said:

Hi I have been having the issue  trips missing the car is in the wrong location the only thing is correct is the mileage and fuel percentage.

I called Toyota customer care about the issue I am having with the issue and I was told my car needs to go to a dealership for DCM update and they say this should sort the problem.

So my car is booked in for the software update the dealership needs the car for about 2 hours.

I have been hitting Toyota for some time yet and my dealer too but no info 

• Like 2

My service is not until June also I have problem with the  front pre collision system not working. I spoke the dealer and they said most owners are having issues with the MyT app but never mentioned that the car needed a software update. I only found out by calling Toyota customer service  and they sent the dealership that a software update to DCM was needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Roger F said:

My T App knows where my car is but journeys not updated for 10 days now. Deleted and restored app, Anybody else finding the same. 🤔

Gave up and deleted mine and don't bother using now.

• Sad 1

Mines also got an open service campaign on it for the DCM download - service due in April so likely wait until then.

FWIW the My T location works most of the time on it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Mines also got an open service campaign on it for the DCM download - service due in April so likely wait until then.

Mine too, just it does not know how it got there. 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, forkingabout said:

What is an open service campaign ??

9 minutes ago, Tango T5 said:

What is an open service campaign ??

A campaign yet to be performed on a vehicle to carry out a repair / recall / TSB as required. 

DCM.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

A campaign yet to be performed on a vehicle to carry out a repair / recall / TSB as required. 

DCM.jpg

Where do I check this out ??

2 minutes ago, Tango T5 said:

Where do I check this out ??

Well if the Toyota recall checker was operational you could check there - but its still currently broken.

Toyota Recall Checker | Owners | Toyota UK

OR you can ask one of the service advisors at your Toyota dealer to check.

• Like 1

A minor amendment has been made to the App on 3rd Feb.  However a major change has also slipped in. 

Sendc to Car disappeared with the Yaris Cross; it's back. 

I only found out when pressing Hybrid Coaching kept opening Find My Car.  After the 3rd time I saw the change. 

Not had a chance to try it yet, and probably won't bother as I now prefer Google Maps. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up my C-HR and wanted to set up MyT to add maps etc to the system. Every time I enter the VIN or reg number it finds the car, and when I go to progress it just tells me to try again later. It’s been hours. The car is used and I’m wondering if it’s associated with the last owner? Help 😔

Have you set it up on the Toyota website under my Toyota. You need the log book to register. 

• 2 weeks later...

Also, once you've registered with Toyota, you need to register the media unit. i found this easier to do while in the settings screen of the car, rather than on the interweb

• 2 months later...

Yesterday the app kept insisting that my car wasn't locked even though I knew full well it was.... It only stopped nagging me when I locked the car with the button on the handle and not the fob. Today when I got in the car after a trip to shops, the infotainment unit wanted me to select language and link the car to the app. It did this a couple of times even though I set the language. The app seemed to have lost the car completely and I needed to reset everything although once I had done this I didn't need to link the car again. Anyone else had this behaviour. If it continues I'll just delete the app to be honest.....

I must admit the more I read about this stuff the gladder I am I haven't bothered with any of the 'cloud connected' stuff in the car!

• Like 1

Chris, it might be the car not the App.