Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHR - Drive modes

Dynamic Mark

Have a 22 GR - unable to find the selection for sport mode - it’s not available in settings ?

anyone else had this issue ? 

Sport mode works perfectly fine in mine, rare I use it, I normally leave it in normal mode.

Screenshot_20230129-172313.png

Thanks for the response - I do not even see the option to change modes - maybe I needs to be turned on by Toyota ? 

44983303-AD9C-4B7B-9BB1-91A7ED08F049.jpeg

It will be in there somewhere, try scrolling left or right with the steering wheel buttons.

Sport.jpg

Will take another look but I think I’ve clicked every option with no luck ! 

Do you change drive modes with dedicated button near gear selector? 

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't know why it says it's in the menus; I would have thought it's controlled by the Drive Mode button by the PRNDB lever as Tony says!

Edit: Ignore me I thought we were talking about a Yaris and not a CH-R :oops: 

• Like 1

Can’t believe no buttons for drive modes. Even Corolla has one, although  awkwardly placed but there is. 👍

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Can’t believe no buttons for drive modes. Even Corolla has one, although  awkwardly placed but there is. 👍

Believe it! It is exactly as Lee suggests

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

It will be in there somewhere, try scrolling left or right with the steering wheel buttons.

At least, that's where it is on my wife's C-HR. But to be truthful, on a 2.0 C-HR, Sport mode is totally unnecessary! 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

Believe it! It is exactly as Lee suggests

At least, that's where it is on my wife's C-HR. But to be truthful, on a 2.0 C-HR, Sport mode is totally unnecessary! 😉

Sometimes I just like the stiffer steering response in sports mode 😂

I'll have a look in the morning how easy it is to select sport mode.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Sometimes I just like the stiffer steering response in sports mode 😂

I'll have a look in the morning how easy it is to select sport mode.

Yeah but, I'm still not telling the wife! 😁

Admittedly I don't drive the C-HR too often, but I don't / wouldn't find the 'steering wheel options' easy to use. It's just as well that none of them are really necessary.

Thanks for all the messages but it definitely is not an option - I’m off to the dealer to get it sorted 👍

17 minutes ago, Dynamic Mark said:

Thanks for all the messages but it definitely is not an option - I’m off to the dealer to get it sorted 👍

Page 428 of the Owners manual (for a 2021 car):

■ Changing the driving mode
To select the drive mode, perform operations on the multi-information display.
Press “<” or “>” of the meter control switches and select <cog icon>.
Press “up” or “down” of the meter control switches, and select “Drive Mode”.
Press “up” or “down” of the meter control switches, and select drive mode.
■ Driving modes
● “NORMAL” mode
Provides an optimal balance of fuel economy, quietness, and dynamic performance. Suitable for city driving.
● “SPORT” mode
Controls the hybrid system to provide quick, smooth and quick acceleration. This mode also changes the steering feel, making it suitable for when agile driving response is desired, such as when driving on roads with many curves.
When sport mode is selected, the “SPORT” indicator will illuminate on the multi-information display.

😉

Edit: page 432 of your manual I think ...

That’s just the issue - if you look at the image I attached earlier in the thread that option is not available ? 

2 minutes ago, Dynamic Mark said:

That’s just the issue - if you look at the image I attached earlier in the thread that option is not available ? 

OK, your image shows that the car is already in Sport mode ... but you have to press '>' or '<' to get to see the available options (as it states in the owners manual 😉 ).

Mine is the first image not the second one as that’s a response - it’s definitely Not available on my car for some reason ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dynamic Mark said:

Mine is the first image not the second one as that’s a response - it’s definitely Not available on my car for some reason ? 

Sorry, my bad as they say ... your image shows the Vehicle Settings option. Are you saying that there is no Drive Mode option at all?

That’s correct I cannot find it as an option - think I need the dealer to check ? 

From this screen

Speedo_053453.thumb.jpg.9ec157042baeac6959821baf238fb631.jpg

Using the right hand side of the steering wheel buttons, press < button to get to this screen.

Options_053520.thumb.jpg.054531f2773570c06426cd7e10b3a52e.jpg

Then press • to get to this screen.

Modes_053543.thumb.jpg.5bbe8bcd60549399dcef68c681134dae.jpg

Select the required drive mode using the up / down buttons then press • to select it.

• Like 1

Hi - following those guidelines I still only see the options attached - Toyota next stop997AC2F9-AEF1-4A7C-B682-6B671A61BED1.thumb.jpeg.86307f0081ceef81d1d537f0bcff5a30.jpeg997AC2F9-AEF1-4A7C-B682-6B671A61BED1.thumb.jpeg.86307f0081ceef81d1d537f0bcff5a30.jpeg

3C90EE2B-314B-4F4F-AABC-CE9E8A1AA503.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dynamic Mark said:

Hi - following those guidelines I still only see the options attached - Toyota next stop997AC2F9-AEF1-4A7C-B682-6B671A61BED1.thumb.jpeg.86307f0081ceef81d1d537f0bcff5a30.jpeg997AC2F9-AEF1-4A7C-B682-6B671A61BED1.thumb.jpeg.86307f0081ceef81d1d537f0bcff5a30.jpeg

3C90EE2B-314B-4F4F-AABC-CE9E8A1AA503.jpeg

Understand that, 

check with Toyota, it might be a software glitch or something. See what they will say and then you may try to disconnect the negative terminal of the 12v Battery for around 20 min. Re connect and go to the settings see if modes are available. 
Good luck 👍

2 hours ago, Dynamic Mark said:

just to be sure.. are you sure you aren't in the bottom of the menu, so pressing the up or down arrow you will jump to the other page?