Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recalls.........

Lawnmowerman

How about a sticky for recalls?

• Like 3

Good idea, a section to cover all Toyota models or for each type? 

Yes we could have a pinned topic within the Rav4 forum for recalls, that's fine.

In the UK the DVSA system just covers recalls which affect the safety of vehicles, and for safety recalls notification to owners would be by letter from the manufacturer.  

Non safety-related work would be covered by Toyota Service Bulletins (TSB) or similar.

So for a pinned topic on recalls, posts would be for where owners had received safety recall letters from the manufacturer and ideally include the recall reference number - rather than, for example, being told by service about a 'recall' which may only be a less urgent TSB related issue (which can be covered by a separate topic).

On this subject of recalls, what is the software recall all about? Just been informed by my dealer…… 

57 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

On this subject of recalls, what is the software recall all about? Just been informed by my dealer…… 

Does it not give you a number? There is an ECM update to reduce 12v Battery power loss and improve connectivity.

It was by phone. I was booking the car in for a (warranty) problem with the detachable tow ball not detaching and the dealer said they will do the software recall at the same time.  

• Thanks 1