Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Prius t spirit

ne14nee

2007 Prius 127000 miles only just run in or pig in a poke .!? Advertised as having new long range Battery whatever that means. You views on purchase or not please guys

Sounds reasonable. Bear in mind a hybrid does 40-50% of its driving on electric. So realistically think of a car petrol engine having done 60k

imho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the 2007 is the original Mk2 Prius so it's going to be a bit low-tech by todays standards. If you can stretch to the Mk3 it's a better car IMHO, and has the 1.8L rather than the 1.5L engine so it's more usable at high speeds.

The Mk2s are still pretty solid tho'.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ne14nee said:

2007 Prius 127000 miles only just run in or pig in a poke .!? Advertised as having new long range battery whatever that means. You views on purchase or not please guys

So much being said these days about electric cars not up to the advertised miles on a full charge. O course a Prius is not wholly electric but certainly as a petrol-electric hybrid you can do as many miles as a full tank of petrol will take you, keep the tank topped up and you can do 127000 miles plus more, the Battery keeps recharging as you drive……no plug in needed (as you probably know).               
By saying the car has a “new” long range Battery means, to me, it has a new hybrid Battery. If that is true, probably worth couple thousand pounds, though you can get reconditioned individual cells.              
As Paul said, whilst the car and its running gear has done 127k miles, the engine has done substantially less than that. If the car has service history that looks good then that is a plus point.                 
And as Cyker says, if you can get a Gen3 Prius, (2009-2016) that may be a better buy.            
All depends on condition and price, all the usual tests/examinations etc.

• Like 4

If this Prius in question has traction Battery replaced with non original upgraded version as there are some available you better investigate further before purchase. Some complications may occur afterwards as obviously any non original equipment can bring something more but also some more problems too. Gen 3 as be mentioned is the better option. Remember both models suffer from catalytic converters thefts so you will need to be prepared. 
Good luck 

• Like 1

I do not know what is meant by long range Battery.  I would be dubious about the purchase if the main traction Battery has been replaced.  I owned a mk2 Prius it was a good car but I think you may be better in considering the purchase of a later mark of Prius. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 8:50 PM, Paul john said:

Sounds reasonable. Bear in mind a hybrid does 40-50% of its driving on electric. So realistically think of a car petrol engine having done 60k

imho

Excellent point.  I never thought about it in that way.