Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Braking system

Tina buckley

I have  the Auris tourer 2014 had master cylinder & abs pump changed costing around £4000 I’ve still got serious braking issues hard pedal abs traction control handbrake lights, any help

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tina buckley said:

I have  the Auris tourer 2014 had master cylinder & abs pump changed costing around £4000 I’ve still got serious braking issues hard pedal abs traction control handbrake lights, any help

Hi and welcome. 
That is a bad failure and an expensive repair. 
I hear some other Auris 2 members are getting the same trouble. 
If you still experienced any issues with the car after that much money spent best is to return to the garage who fitted the pump and they should take care. It could be something wrong with the new pump, something they haven’t done correctly, or completely different components at fault. It will need a diagnostic first to see the codes and take it from there. 
Good luck 

Take it straight back to the garage and demand that they sort it out as they failed to check it properly.

Do NOT pay any more as they are at fault.

• Like 1

How should it feel? On standstill with car ON my pedal never gets firm, even after 4-5 pushes. Still feel mushy and spongey also slowly creeps down to the mat (as if there were air leaks). No leaks found and car brakes good enough. 

Have you tried to air the brake-lines with tachstream?

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 7:59 AM, Tina buckley said:

Why do you need to replace it if you have no problem before. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links