Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MP3's and Android Auto at the time?

fred88

Hi all, picking up my first Toyota today, a 2022 Corolla Design Touring Sports.

My mp3's are on a USB stick, I also use Android Auto a lot.

My understanding is that the usb port in the centre consol is power only (no data) and that both Android Auto and my usb stick need the port at the bottom of the dash. Anyone know if there's a way to access my mp3's and use Android Auto at the same time?

Put your MP3 on your phone to play the music via Android Auto & retire the USB stick is the easiest option.

• Like 2

Yes, was wondering if I could do that. I was hoping somebody would say the usb in the consol will in fact do data.

How do I access the mp3's through AA? My current car says that the phone can no longer be used as a media source when I start AA.

Just play through an Android Auto compatible music app (it's possible all of them are since I doubt any of them do anything clever). I use Rocket Player.

Oh, OK thanks.

I couldn't get using the native Toyota player out of my head.

Musicolet is a great App with AA support 

I still don't know what Android auto is for. Plugged my phone in and tried it but nothing exciting happened 😅

16 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

I still don't know what Android auto is for. Plugged my phone in and tried it but nothing exciting happened 😅

I use it mainly to stream music via my smart phone & also handy for messaging. Audio books via Audible is another good feature.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

And you can use WAZE for navigation. I much prefer it to the Toyota nav system. And free upadtes...

• Like 3

Most phones will take a memory card. If you don't have a card, get the biggest your phone supports, put your music onto it and install into the phone. Then download Musicolet onto your phone, and choose it when Android Auto starts in your car.
I was in the same position a while back (music on memory stick, but wanting to use AA at the same time), and this was my workaround.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the suggestions, think I've got a handle on it now.

I use AA just for navigation, mostly Google Maps but have experimented with Waze. I used to have two data capable usb ports before so could have my mp3's on a separate stick, but now I can't I'll do as suggested and put them on my phone with a suitable AA compatible player.

Thanks again.

AA is the best and I cannot live without it.

Lets your phone stay out of the way to avoid distractions. 

You're always up to date with your navigation with GM or Waze.  Choice of both is useful in accidents along your route.

Calls

Messages SMS WhatsApp and you can reply by voice (which is also safer)

music services (I use PlexAmp via my Plex server as I refuse to let a company chose what I can and cannot listen to (same for movies))

Home Assistant access, so I can turn lights on and off in the house via the car.  First time I properly used this as we were at a friends house and my partner wanted to turn her heated blanket on, so she'd be warm when we arrived home half an hour later.

• Like 1