Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris oem xenon-14

klash997

Coming from german premium segment I feel the lights are very bad on this car. It's got the xenon with curve-function whilst the curve function is really good the brightness are very bad. Also they need to come up a bit (fast comparason with our bmw vs from the same distance) its a quite remarkable height distance.  Is this fixable- as they are auto levelling?  Also do you recommend any special d4s bulb?

Probably the lights are old, they loose brightness over time.

I replaced mine few months ago, and it was a huge difference.

I have PHILIPS xenon X-tremeVision D4S in mine, the same lights were in the car before i bought it, just by pure chance i bought the same ones, and night and day difference.  The manufacturer advertises it as "up to 150% more vision" whatever that is.

They are a pricey lights and it is recommended to buy them in pairs, otherwise you get bulbs with different colors.

• Like 5

That sounds like a good start. I'll def try the X-tremevisions!

D4S from Philips and Osram are both the best. Cheaper version from Hella, GE are also ok. 

You can adjust the level of the lights on the flat surface. There is screw to adjust it. Yes it has automatic leveling but they are set by the initial 0 setup. 

• Like 1

Thanks AisinW!

I had compared with our old beemer and yesterday I was driving behind my friend in a X1 from 2019. His car lit up a wall from 10m distance. His beam line went upto 150-165 cm on that wall.  When I passed the same wall from the same distance I didn't even light up 20-30cm high. I will definitely play with that screw. Many many thanks 🙂

• Like 1

I think X1 has lights higher up than the Auris. Not sure if you can compare the two.

When i replaced the lights on mine, i had people flash me, thinkin i had high beams on. The alingment was not touched, and i checked on the wall, the level was the same, passed few MOT's and no issue. The new bulbs were just crazy bright.

Not sure if i'm used to it or not, but they don't feel so bright anymore, but it's still much better compared to the old ones.

• Like 2

Furtula I don't know but xenons should point downward in all cases. A X1 is higher so the gradient should be more extreme by logic? We actually did comparisons with the old family beemer and a golf mk7 which both cars were "higher" than the auris. So we touched the magic screw. I'm happy and traffic haven't reminded m, at least not yet 🙂

• Like 1

It's just from my observation, on newer cars which have lights higher up, first, they are too bright, also i feel like they are maybe too high, or borderline high.

But it's possible that it's not like this, but a dealer offers to "tune" the cars after the sale.

The higher the lights go, the sharper the angle is , so i guess you have worse illumination in case of projector lights.

• Like 1

Projector headlights rarely blind anyone if properly adjusted. Most newer cars use LED and often they are less than 2000 lumens/no sprayer required. But they have better usable lights distribution.

xenon is usually very bright in reflector but not in projector. You can pay MOT mechanics ro adjust properly with more precise alignment. 

• Like 1

AisinW where I live the MOT have no right to adjust even if you pay them. Part of legislation. We have tuned the vertical screw but driving at night it seems that the light pattern is way of with bad spread. The lines are perfect, its just a lot of light in one area and less in the other areas. It's really visible when I turn and lights follow the steering input. When the lights go to "neutral" I have a big spot on the right with a lot of light. Almost like a spot light xD. I will have to give this to the pros to adjust. 

In October, TÜV /MOT offer free light check up on certain shops that we can visit. It will give us report and can be used for adjusting the lights better.  What I meant is mechanics/shops who can do MOT, not MOT specific shop or during MOT test.

• Like 1

Ah yes, as soon as I have some free time ill fix it. 

I uploaded three pics as a reference. Lines are good but left headlight is emittins the lights wrong. Also dont know why the yellow lights appear on top line of the left Light. Both xenon bulb are brand new osrams 

20230210_172811.jpg

20230210_172803.jpg

20230210_172738.jpg

Hi, pattern is OK, only left beam should be move a little bit to the right, so use horizontal adjustment screw (the headlamp has two adjusting screws, one is for horizontal, other is for vertical adjustment) in order to move the beam,  imho. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/10/2023 at 7:08 PM, klash997 said:

Ah yes, as soon as I have some free time ill fix it. 

I uploaded three pics as a reference. Lines are good but left headlight is emittins the lights wrong. Also dont know why the yellow lights appear on top line of the left Light. Both xenon bulb are brand new osrams 

20230210_172811.jpg

20230210_172803.jpg

20230210_172738.jpg

That is perfect light. You drive on the right side of the road. The ledt side is always shorter than right side. That reduces the glare to incoming driver. The opposite applies to UK/ireland drivers too. 

• Like 1