Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Fault - Help Please

Chrusbalmforth

Hi All,

I have an issue with my Toyota Aygo (2007 model).

When I turn on the engin it starts, then the red 'STOP' light flashes and then the engine stops (all within around 10 seconds).

Breakdown cover has been out and were unable to solve the problem. They said it might be an issue with the immobiliser? 

Has anyone ever had any similar problems? Is this something that I am going to need to take the car to the garage for? 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Chris 

If you have a second key try that. Have you changed the Battery in your key by any chance. If so did you make sure the transponder hadn't fallen out?

2 hours ago, Billyboy81 said:

If you have a second key try that. Have you changed the battery in your key by any chance. If so did you make sure the transponder hadn't fallen out?

The batter in the fob is for the locking only the immobilizer is a passive chip

4 hours ago, Chrusbalmforth said:

Hi All,

I have an issue with my Toyota Aygo (2007 model).

When I turn on the engin it starts, then the red 'STOP' light flashes and then the engine stops (all within around 10 seconds).

Breakdown cover has been out and were unable to solve the problem. They said it might be an issue with the immobiliser? 

Has anyone ever had any similar problems? Is this something that I am going to need to take the car to the garage for? 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Chris 

Can you here the fuel pump prime ? Try to start the car with a spare key, if you have changed the Battery in the fob or changed the case make sure the chip is in its location, Scan the car for codes

1559096243_mk1aygokeychip.thumb.jpg.59cf4b960bb590ea695e7a71cd563571.jpg

If you have a B2799 code, check the ground point B1 this is located on the top front right of the engine under the air filter/intake

picture courtesy of Markie

B493BB21-81D0-493E-9DC0-242317C376AC.jpe

wiring diagram of b1

1606731535_B1gndkgb10.thumb.jpg.06ab379f7aefdccf5b2304ce7390534e.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links