Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 Aygo semi-Automatic Clutch Change

Yazza1995

Hi all,

How big of a job is it to change the clutch on the 2015 semi auto aygo?

thanks

Effectively it's the same as a manual box but on A MMT/x shift you need to put it into clamp mode then do the work it then requires initialization/calibration

Not all garages will touch an MMT clutch, main stealer will want to change the clutch and shift actuators as well to cover themselves in the region of £1500-2000

independent shop will want £650-850

it's fairly involved job, it all depends on your skill level and tools, best done on a lift

INF12215_GB.pdf

• Like 6

I recently done mine .how many miles have your car done . usually clutch goes out at around 80-120k miles .if you change clutch you might have to change actuator as well they both wear out equally.i have paid around 900£ still car have issue I suggest you to sell your car and never turn back buy fully automatic or manual transmissions.my friend had Yaris MMT clutch transmission he paid around 1500£ still his car is not fixed some times it goes into N and stay there until it reset it off.i don't know much about cars this is my first car and I am telling you I am never buying Tota again I have had my car stuck on road for about 15 days not even a single garage want to fix it basically it is rejected model you spend money and even after spending money these MMT transmission can't be fixed .I personally suggest you buy any other model but toata 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

tbh you need a garage that know what they are doing, Toyota the brand isn't an issue it's just that the MMT gearboxes in the Mk1 Aygo and Mk2 Yaris are poor

the gear boxes need to be setup correctly after clutch replacement, many places fail to do so

see the above PDF

edit. Have you had the codes read - that will be a good indication what's going on

• Like 6

As Flash22 as already said, there is nothing wrong with the Toyota brand... it is this stupid MMT gearbox that is the problem.  It is a pity you were not a member of this forum before you bought the MMT disaster car. If you had asked a question re your prospective purchase you would have been warned. Still, thats life.                                    

The wife and I have had 4 Toyota cars between us, 2 Yaris, and Auris and a Prius, and they have proved to be the 4 of the most reliable of all the cars we have had.

• Like 6

Was the actuator new or used or refurbished, if the actuator has been changed after the clutch was done it will need recalibrating also be aware that the clutch actuator needs to be installed and adjusted correctly as well

CP-0022T-0411-EN.pdf

• Like 1

Did they fit the new style brush cover ? if not the new motor may have bedded in and dumped the brush carbon, see the PDF in my last post

Brush cover - 31369-12030

• Thanks 1

They replace the clutch and I was driving it for about a week later it start showing red warning MMT light. Again I took it to garage they told me motor has to be changed they changed the new motor .it was working fine .then they change the engine oil and filter it have been 5-6 days it is working fine no warning light but my car makes a clunk /click noise when it shift gears from 1st to 2nd the sound some time is loud enough to hear and some times it is not.i have done 600miles after the actuator motor replaced .

• Like 1

if the p0900 is the current code, then yes the motor needs to be checked again and calibrated

Today I Wil drop the car in garage they said they will have a look at it 

On 2/6/2023 at 1:36 AM, ttanzel said:

I recently done mine .how many miles have your car done . usually clutch goes out at around 80-120k miles

Done for the second time around that mileage ? 
Otherwise :  it went on rather long I think.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 1:11 PM, Catlover said:

As Flash22 as already said, there is nothing wrong with the Toyota brand... it is this stupid MMT gearbox that is the problem.  It is a pity you were not a member of this forum before you bought the MMT disaster car. If you had asked a question re your prospective purchase you would have been warned. Still, thats life.                                    

The wife and I have had 4 Toyota cars between us, 2 Yaris, and Auris and a Prius, and they have proved to be the 4 of the most reliable of all the cars we have had.

Hi mate how are you doing. I m having trouble again with my Aygo now it's fuel consumption full tank is putting out only 210 miles any idea why that might be .I notice the high fuel consumption when I just got out only 120 miles from full tank .

No codes coming up .

On 3/27/2023 at 1:29 PM, flash22 said:

it could be anything - scan it for codes

What are the fuel trims and readings from the 02 sensors ?

is it running rough ?

when were the plugs last changed and what colour are they

when the tank is "empty" how much does it take to refill it ?

B1S1 o2 sensor and it is pulling lean, it will over fuel like mad

dont buy a cheap one

Denso - DOX-2028

you may also need to replace the cat

15 hours ago, flash22 said:

B1S1 o2 sensor and it is pulling lean, it will over fuel like mad

dont buy a cheap one

Denso - DOX-2028

you may also need to replace the cat

Hi code p0171 is current and code p0134 is pending 

I don't have a workshop, I'm not in the "trade" it's just an interest/hobby - IT and electronics repair is my field

I checked with local garage and they recommended I should let them service.cleaning of sensors and exhaust (some how) they suggested it will fix the problem .i

There are various was to clean the system, it may help the situation you need to find the reason it's pulling it so lean, o2 sensors are a common fail point on an Aygo as they age

if it runs lumpy and is hard to start, a bad injector may be an issue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links