Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets wait and See?

Knorton

Just ordered a Yaris cross design in Galactic blue with no major extras. Been told to expect delivery in May! reading through here I think that could be a tad optimistic.

• Like 6

Should be OK as I heard supplies for electronics is improving.  Also possible that there are fewer orders in the pipeline. 

BiL ordered a Ford Kuga but cancelled as they would not give him a delivery date.  He ordered a different make with a detailed production diary.  Then got a call from Ford dealer that his car was in, this was 3 months sooner than the other.  He took the Ford. 

• Like 5

That’s a good choice for a new car 👌

The question is now which May will it be, 2023 or 2024? 

Just kidding 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mines due April, still not showing anything on the app, except order processing..

11 hours ago, anchorman said:

I think they’re coming a bit quicker now.

What makes you think that?

11 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

What makes you think that?

A mate called to have his interior bulbs changed. His came just before mine (late December) ordered in September.  There’s a few on various forums being given shorter lead times.

• Like 4

Maybe the cross is quicker, the normal Yaris are 6 months ETA I'm being given. 

• Like 4

My son ordered his Yaris Design with no additional extras in October 2022.  He’s been given a delivery date of June 2023.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, anchorman said:

A mate called to have his interior bulbs changed. His came just before mine (late December) ordered in September.  There’s a few on various forums being given shorter lead times.

I ordered mine 22.10.22.....in Zeebrugge 5 weeks ...now in Portbury 2 weeks...so maybe the transport system is now overwhelmed ?

• Like 2

It still sounds a bit of a lottery.  As I’ve said before, I’m delighted with my Yaris Cross but I will never again wait 8 months for another car.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimota said:

It still sounds a bit of a lottery.  As I’ve said before, I’m delighted with my Yaris Cross but I will never again wait 8 months for another car.

8 months is a ridiculous amount of time, i nearly always go for year old cars even if they are hardy any cheaper then new now! with Toyota that is not sure about other makes in regards to this.

• Like 1

A bit off topic but seem to remember when Volvo brought our their first 4 x 4 there was a 2 year waiting list. 

• Like 2

Same with thr RR evoke, I know someone who bought one and was offered ridiculous money to sell, he didn’t though, 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Same with thr RR evoke, I know someone who bought one and was offered ridiculous money to sell, he didn’t though, 

He should have taken the money and run.  I’d rather have an illness than an Evoque.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, Jimota said:

There are still plenty of industry shortages for microchips.

Currently 12+ months to get anything new built out of the Toyota forklift factories, order something higher spec & your looking at 18+ months. 

Ordered a replacement fork camera back in November, current delivery ETA is March.

Ordered a replacement DC / DC convertor for a counter balance 2 weeks ago, the part manufacturer cant even give us an ETA as they cant source the electronic components. 

I know there are new trucks built parked up in storage awaiting one last components to be fitted that is delayed due to lack of microchips. 

• Like 6

I think most people realise there are still supply chain problems  with manufactured goods throughout the world but their patience is bring severely tested.  I suppose I was quite lucky with my trade in price for my new car, losing only a few hundred pounds in the 8 months I waited for delivery.  I just wonder what the situation will be like in 2-3 years time.

• Like 2

Used prices have started to drop as well as lead times, i wonder if they have new cars in central stock, i have been offered 2 cancelled orders this year so far

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Used prices have started to drop as well as lead times, i wonder if they have new cars in central stock, i have been offered 2 cancelled orders this year so far

I would guess more people are not wanting to spend out on a replacement vehicle with the cost of living crisis starting to eat in to peoples available finances. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, forkingabout said:

I would guess more people are not wanting to spend out on a replacement vehicle with the cost of living crisis starting to eat in to peoples available finances. 

Yes, people are getting fed up with price gouging

• Like 7

10 hours ago, anchorman said:

He should have taken the money and run.  I’d rather have an illness than an Evoque.  

Haha, funny but true 👍

• Like 3

11 hours ago, anchorman said:

He did get rid of it after about a year, not big enough, he bought a discovery, he’s plenty of money so didn’t need to sell

• Like 2

Wonder what the wait time is on the new Honda Civic which is supposed to be really good, it could take sales away from the new Corolla if wait times are a lot faster? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Used prices have started to drop as well

I  will probably buy pre owned rather than new i am both very tight and very impatient.  

• Haha 4