Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Warning Message After Pressing Power Button Off


Recommended Posts

Hi all, not sure if this is a fault/error as I've never owned a Toyota before. I have a Yaris Cross & after finishing every journey & powering off the car there is a message on the instrument cluster that reads "Attention: check rear passenger seats." Is this normal. There are no passengers or any items on the rear seats.

Thanks, Chris.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Chris,

From a previous post by Peachysheff on this This is the rear seat reminder function it is set to "on" as default setting, it can be turned off in the multi function display. You can read about it in the emanual on page 137, hope this helps.👍

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is normal. 
It happens whenever either of the rear doors are opened before you drive away. It doesn’t happen if they haven’t been opened before you set off. 
Its the cheapest way to warn of something or someone still in the back without putting sensors in the seats themselves.
As previously said I think it can be turned off in the settings. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the many ford fiestas I’ve been given as a hire car, it always told me to check rear seats, I’m assuming it’s so you don’t leave the kids or granny sat there whilst you are indoors having your tea🤭

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ralph H said:

This is normal. 
It happens whenever either of the rear doors are opened before you drive away. It doesn’t happen if they haven’t been opened before you set off. 
Its the cheapest way to warn of something or someone still in the back without putting sensors in the seats themselves.
As previously said I think it can be turned off in the settings. 

Ah, now I get it.  Occasionally, I was getting the same messages as Chris.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 2/4/2023 at 4:48 PM, Primus1 said:

On the many ford fiestas I’ve been given as a hire car, it always told me to check rear seats, I’m assuming it’s so you don’t leave the kids or granny sat there whilst you are indoors having your tea🤭

Jokes apart, probably if you have a passenger or a pet on back seat it's difficult to forget them there.  But is more easy to forget a bag left on rear footwell.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s what caused our issue.  Rather than opening the boot to accommodate a small bag, the item was usually placed in the rear footwell out of sight from prying eyes.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jimota said:

That’s what caused our issue.  Rather than opening the boot to accommodate a small bag, the item was usually placed in the rear footwell out of sight from prying eyes.

And the amount of times I’ve forgotten my butties…..

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I discovered this feature when I made my first test drive.  I put my purse on back seat, I made the test drive, parked the car and when I stopped I was surprised that the car rememberd me that I was forgetting my purse on back seat.  😁

I thought that there a weight sensor and it surprised me for the sensibility.  😉

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RickyC said:

I discovered this feature when I made my first test drive.  I put my purse on back seat, I made the test drive, parked the car and when I stopped I was surprised that the car rememberd me that I was forgetting my purse on back seat.  😁

I thought that there a weight sensor and it surprised me for the sensibility.  😉

 

It’s operated by opening a rear door. You don’t need anything on the seat.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, anchorman said:

It’s operated by opening a rear door. You don’t need anything on the seat.  

I know ( now ).  But when I saw the message for the first time I didn't know that it was simply triggered by the opening of a rear door insted of a weight sensor on back seat.

Probably in the rush of testing the car I could have forgotten my purse without the warning 😉

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership