Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 camry hybrid boot release with flat car battery !

carl asplin

Good morning, i saw today on a u-tube video that customer in the usa could not open the boot/trunk of their 2020  hybrid camry when the car has a flat 12volt Battery, now if the usa spec are different to the uk models i dont know, but on a uk 2020 camry hybrid to open the trunk/boot  to get to the flat 12volt Battery which is located in the boot, look on the lip of the boot lid next to the licence plate light, on one side you have the electric boot release button and on the other side you will see a key hole, where you can use the blade key which is located in your remote key fob and unlock and open the boot/trunk the old fashioned way, i have to be honest i did not know that   but now i do and hopefully this might help any other owners who are in a panic to access the car 12volt Battery.

All [*] Toyota Hybrids I've experienced so far since 2002 (which doesn't include the Camry) with the 12V Battery in the boot/trunk have jump start terminals under the bonnet/hood (which opens with a physical cable pull once the driver's door is unlocked with the emergency key) with one of the fuse boxes.  I would have thought the Camry would be the same.

[*] The only exception is the original Mk 1 Prius saloon/sedan which had a physical cable release for the boot/trunk.

hiya pete, you are right, the bonnet on the camry opens the old fashioned way with a cable operated pull in the drivers footwell, ive never looked for jump start terminals under the bonnet hood, but iam sure you would be right and they are there....if for some bizzare reason even when hooking up a booster  etc  , the boot/trunk still wont open, you can access it using that lock.

• 6 months later...

Just for information without going off topic. Look at the MEU version. Itś the 1530 version of the MEU who has the problem with flat Battery. Upgrade to the latest version 1560 to correct this problem.

"• MEU Software release version 1530:
◦ Unlogical traffic information (showing 4.5 million km on right side bar)
◦ Map in map screen changes to 2D North from another orientation after IG cycle, not keeping customer preferred view. (This does not solve having only 2D North in home screen).
◦ Missing fix speed cams in Austria.
◦ Map appears wrongly displayed due to map rendering algorithm.
◦ RDS paying TMC not available.
◦ Emergency incident pop-ups appearing when incident does not happen on current road.
12-V Battery flat due to MEU not getting into sleep mode after short IG ON-OFF cycle."

http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TMT2EU-FA00_Latest.zip

If you not have 17TMT2EU-FA00 change it in the link for your version to download the correct versio. This in the link is the most common for swedish cars. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links