Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV Front Bumper Trim

Phil E

I have a really annoying stone chip on the lower silverish plastic front bumper trim which I want to touch up. Does anyone know what the correct colour or colour code is?

My local dealer wasn’t able to help

23 minutes ago, Phil E said:

I have a really annoying stone chip on the lower silverish plastic front bumper trim which I want to touch up. Does anyone know what the correct colour or colour code is?

My local dealer wasn’t able to help

There are plenty of online paint suppliers that can identify your colour from your registration number. Here's one. https://touchuppaintfactory.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAiAioifBhAXEiwApzCztmprgFt22vvNrdk3GGznJM9Cys31usFnnF3JvxCx2Me7ZvHlXxUEIxoCFxgQAvD_BwE

2 hours ago, Sealiedog said:

There are plenty of online paint suppliers that can identify your colour from your registration number. Here's one. https://touchuppaintfactory.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAiAioifBhAXEiwApzCztmprgFt22vvNrdk3GGznJM9Cys31usFnnF3JvxCx2Me7ZvHlXxUEIxoCFxgQAvD_BwE

Problem the OP has is that those sites will only show the colours for main body +  black gloss trim, not the silver trim on the front bumper.

16 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Problem the OP has is that those sites will only show the colours for main body +  black gloss trim, not the silver trim on the front bumper.

That’s exactly the issue. I’ve looked at quite a few sites including US forums but no luck so far.

Its a fairly common question but seems not an easy answer

Try an independent car parts shop, some of them mix and sell touch up paint. I once needed the black satin paint for the alloy wheel, and the guy came out with the paper paint samples and quickly found the perfect match. Cost me £6 for a small bottle. Or call the local body shops / chipsaway and ask if you can come over for the paint colour advice.

... or simply ask your dealer (again, and again) ... they must know! 

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

... or simply ask your dealer (again, and again) ... they must know! 

If the part number of the trim can be identified I think there's a much better chance of finding the paint colour name.

Just now, Hayzee said:

If the part number of the trim can be identified I think there's a much better chance of finding the paint colour name.

The paint colour name is pretty meaningless - it varies by geography and over time! It's the colour code that is needed.

The bumper colour on a 4.2 was code 196 - that might be what it is now but I wouldn't put any money on it! When this question was asked many moons ago (about a 4.2) Devon Aygo / Lee was able to post a list of colours and codes available to the dealerships. The dealers or dealership paint shops must have this information still ... 😉

And if that still doesn't work, it might be a question for Toyota Customer Services ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links