Do Not Sell My Personal Information

auris limp mode and lack of power

rashad

hi, i have a 2011 auris 1.6 petrol, when driving the car has loss of power and builds speed slowly, at the same time the gear shift lights that recommend you to change gear these lights don’t work, these issues only happen when engine is warm, never happens when engine is cold. this problem only once or twice per week once i turn off engine and allow it to totally cool down then problem goes away.

You will need to run a diagnostic first and then take it from there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

even though there is no fault light showing 

2 hours ago, rashad said:

even though there is no fault light showing 

Well if no light then it might show something but might not.
Usually the first steps are diagnostic to see if there are any stored faults in the ecu.
What is the mileage of the car?  
Has the throttle body ever been cleaned?  
Dirty throttle body can cause similar problems and no engine management light but the car may go into limp mode and loose power, happens especially in hot weather on hot engine.  
Without car been seen hard to say really what can it be, could be many more things. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

13 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Well if no light then it might show something but might not.
Usually the first steps are diagnostic to see if there are any stored faults in the ecu.
What is the mileage of the car?  
Has the throttle body ever been cleaned?  
Dirty throttle body can cause similar problems and no engine management light but the car may go into limp mode and loose power, happens especially in hot weather on hot engine.  
Without car been seen hard to say really what can it be, could be many more things. 

it’s done 120,000 miles i only owned for a month now, will get it diagnosed and then clean the throttle body. thanks 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rashad said:

it’s done 120,000 miles i only owned for a month now, will get it diagnosed and then clean the throttle body. thanks 

Well in that case you can do the usual checks and inspection plus a good service, oil, filters, fluids, coolant, spark plugs etc , throttle body cleaning all that as per the regular maintenance and see if any improvements happens. . If there are any issues afterwards  then you can chase it further. As far as I know these cars with 1.6 petrol engines are reliable. They bare known to have water pump failures and valvematic problems but I can’t comment any further as I haven’t  owned one and only what been reading here on the forum. 👍 

• Like 1

It could be a faulty coil pack, I had a similar issue on the first test drive I had on an Auris. 

Managed to limp back to dealer and a scan tool confirmed it was a faulty coil pack. 👍

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 4:49 PM, TonyHSD said:

Well in that case you can do the usual checks and inspection plus a good service, oil, filters, fluids, coolant, spark plugs etc , throttle body cleaning all that as per the regular maintenance and see if any improvements happens. . If there are any issues afterwards  then you can chase it further. As far as I know these cars with 1.6 petrol engines are reliable. They bare known to have water pump failures and valvematic problems but I can’t comment any further as I haven’t  owned one and only what been reading here on the forum. 👍 

just had it diagnosed , it shows fault with Valvematic Driver Learned Value Error, code p1047, he reset it and now let’s wait and see if problem comes back

• Like 2

looks like i need valvematic controller, it’s £1300 from dealers. part number is 222A0-32025, but on eBay and from japan i can’t find it, the only ones i find are slight different part number 222A0-37025