Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X windscreen washer fuse

Mr Tall

Anyone know which fuse covers the windscreen washers? Just bought a nearly new Aygo X Edge, and the washers have stopped working after a week and a half.

Don't think they're frozen up, there's no sound at all when trying either front or back washers. Fusebox cover has a diagram of fuses, but no mention of the washer pump. Thought I'd check the fuse before calling the dealer.

• Like 2

On a Corrolla its a fuse in the passenger footwell ahead of the glove box I blew the fuse on mine in the cold

• Like 4

This year been exceptionally cold and there are so many complaints about blown washer fuses. We all had frozen washer pumps at some point, was down to -10C° even in London. To prevent these fuses from blowing up best is try once or twice short press and if no washer available then just leave it and you won’t blow your fuses, keep trying and then you will need a new fuse, and it is good that the fuses did their job otherwise a new pump. 👍

• Like 4

Best to prevent the washer fluid freezing in the first place and use winter concentrate screen wash, we have had dozens of people perplexed that their washers don't work, the bottles are usually empty or frozen, unbelievable 🙄 It's not a big ask to make sure you do some minor maintenance and fill up your washers 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Best to prevent the washer fluid freezing in the first place and use winter concentrate screen wash, we have had dozens of people perplexed that their washers don't work, the bottles are usually empty or frozen, unbelievable 🙄 It's not a big ask to make sure you do some minor maintenance and fill up your washers 

unless the dealer had put in no screenwash whatsover, I'm surprised its run out already. The OP has had it only a week

• Like 3

I ran mine out a week or so ago - Turns out my Mk4 only seems to have a 1 litre bottle for washer fluid, and when there's a lot of spray and guck flying everywhere it's quite easy to use that all up on a single run!

• Like 3

The screenwash that was in there was from the dealer, I'd assume they'd put decent low temperature stuff in there given the recent weather.

I definitely didn't lean on the switch for long - tried it, "oh, that's not working, must be frozen", then left it in the sunshine all day to thaw out. Checked it later on and realised that something must be broken.

The car did have a new bumper fitted by the dealer before I bought it- someone misjudged a corner on a test drive (not me!) and scraped the front right corner. I'm slightly suspicious of this, because that's where the tank is.

It's booked into the dealer on Thursday, will update this once it's fixed.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Mr Tall said:

The screenwash that was in there was from the dealer, I'd assume they'd put decent low temperature stuff in there given the recent weather.

I definitely didn't lean on the switch for long - tried it, "oh, that's not working, must be frozen", then left it in the sunshine all day to thaw out. Checked it later on and realised that something must be broken.

The car did have a new bumper fitted by the dealer before I bought it- someone misjudged a corner on a test drive (not me!) and scraped the front right corner. I'm slightly suspicious of this, because that's where the tank is.

It's booked into the dealer on Thursday, will update this once it's fixed.

Oops, if that’s the case it may well be something else not a blown fuse. Not plugged wire connectors etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, TonyHSD said:

Oops, if that’s the case it may well be something else not a blown fuse. Not plugged wire connectors etc. 

Yeah, my bet is on a connector that wasn't quite clicked together. I can't see it under the bonnet, and I'm not pulling bits off to get at it while it's under warranty 🙂

• Like 3

aah an ex-demonstrator model then. Mine is coming brand new from the factory, so hopefully no chance of it being damaged.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

aah an ex-demonstrator model then. Mine is coming brand new from the factory, so hopefully no chance of it being damaged.

Yeah, good luck 🤞🏻.

Dealer put a new fuse in today, and the washers are working. Hopefully that'll be the end of it.

At least I know where the fuse is now - it's not in the passenger footwell fuse box, it's in the engine bay on the passenger side.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2023 at 7:36 PM, Mr Tall said:

Dealer put a new fuse in today, and the washers are working. Hopefully that'll be the end of it.

At least I know where the fuse is now - it's not in the passenger footwell fuse box, it's in the engine bay on the passenger side.

What fuse number was it I am having the same issue!

Sorry, I don't know. All I saw was them messing about in the car park on the passenger side engine bay fusebox.

1 hour ago, fiona82 said:

What fuse number was it I am having the same issue!

Fuses box covers usually have a graph worn all fuses position and icons to indicate for what they are used? Some even include a clips to help you take them out. Just open the cover and look from the inside. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links