Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

oxygen sensor

kagsy40

hi, 

anyone have any idea how much a oxygen senor is roughly about ? for a Toyota Argo 2014  the 3 yellow light came up on my car engine, , sip trac, and type pressure ( there ok as I've checked ) called AA just to ask what the problem is and he's pretty sure its a sensor and possible update think he said

don't want to use the Toyota garage itself as there very expensive 

thanks in advance for replies 

A genuine one is £160.61, they have been modified a few times

• Like 2

Mine was done under warranty and the dealer would have charged around £240 fitted 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parts-King said:

A genuine one is £160.61, they have been modified a few times

thanks for the response much appreciated i was thinking it would be around the £150 hopefully being fitted just hope they take credit card LOL  

35 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Mine was done under warranty and the dealer would have charged around £240 fitted 

thank you for the response unfortunately my car is no longer under warranty its second hand from a dealer bought it 2 years come this May   just hope this garage am going to wont rip me off never used them before as my garage i used is fully booked up for the next 6 weeks 

I don't want to keep driving the car in case i make it worse  

3 minutes ago, kagsy40 said:

thank you for the response unfortunately my car is no longer under warranty its second hand from a dealer bought it 2 years come this May   just hope this garage am going to wont rip me off never used them before as my garage i used is fully booked up for the next 6 weeks 

I don't want to keep driving the car in case i make it worse  

Hi, 

how do you know you need an oxygen sensor, did the man from AA run a diagnostic, do you have the fault codes he had scanned? 
Has the car been serviced in Toyota garages up to the last service and when was that? 
Don’t rush to the garages and if we have more information we can help you further make best decision and sort your problem best way possible for less money possible. What mileage is the car too and what is your driving patterns, city, short towns or motorway or mixture? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

how do you know you need an oxygen sensor, did the man from AA run a diagnostic, do you have the fault codes he had scanned? 
Has the car been serviced in Toyota garages up to the last service and when was that? 
Don’t rush to the garages and if we have more information we can help you further make best decision and sort your problem best way possible for less money possible. What mileage is the car too and what is your driving patterns, city, short towns or motorway or mixture? 

I called the AA as am with them just to see what the problem could be ? that was his response he pretty sure it could be the sensor. I bought the car in May 2021 mileage was 43,128 next MOT  was Jan 2022 mileage 44,100 next MOT  was  Dec 1st  and was 42, 956 so short journeys locally i work from home now so car would get used more if I was in the office

had a full service done on the car since I bought it as the previous owners have too

service last was with the MOT both done at once #

only been driving nearly 2 years no absolutely nothing about cars , oh and had the Battery replaced in November as it was at the end of its life id  left the lights on it twice for no longer than 15 mins and it was completely dead  so the AA fella said Battery is at the end I seen it on the diagnostic thing they have so that was £123

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kagsy40 said:

I called the AA as am with them just to see what the problem could be ? that was his response he pretty sure it could be the sensor. I bought the car in May 2021 mileage was 43,128 next MOT  was Jan 2022 mileage 44,100 next MOT  was  Dec 1st  and was 42, 956 so short journeys locally i work from home now so car would get used more if I was in the office

had a full service done on the car since I bought it as the previous owners have too

service last was with the MOT both done at once #

only been driving nearly 2 years no absolutely nothing about cars , oh and had the battery replaced in November as it was at the end of its life id  left the lights on it twice for no longer than 15 mins and it was completely dead  so the AA fella said battery is at the end I seen it on the diagnostic thing they have so that was £123

If the car was serviced in Toyota official dealer you have automatically a relax warranty for the next 12 months. If this is the case they can check for you the problem and give you a quote for repair if needed and if covered under warranty you will pay nothing, if not covered you will need to pay for diagnostic and new parts fitted.
The AA man should have had run a diagnostic to confirm his suspicions about faulty sensor and have you a paper with fault description?
If he didn’t then could be completely different thing.  
If you only have an orange warning  light it’s not a problem to drive the car. Only if there are any red warning lights on then you should not drive , not safe perhaps. 
If the car was serviced outside Toyota official dealer last time then you don’t have any possible warranty indeed, you need to confirm that first. 
Next step is taking the car to a good garage or calling a trusted mobile mechanic to run a diagnostic, if sensor is confirmed faulty then should also be tested and if yes then replaced. These sensors best to be original or if aftermarket only made by Denso , blue box. 

• Like 3

A Denso o2 sensor is about £90 (oem is Denso) tbh you need to get the codes read, unless the AA has telepathic powers, or you have one of them AA obd2 scanner thingies, it could be anything

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links