Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is it ok to charge my 2018 Prius PHV for short 15 minute per

Gaz911

Hi, just wondering if it's ok to continually charge for short periods? I.e 15 minutes at a time? 

My local charging station allows 15 minutes before you need to pay, so I'm not gonna lie, I've occasionally just unplugged and plugged almost straight back in a few times until I'm 3/4 full. 

Cheeky I know but with cost of living and recent redundancy every little helps. 😂

Just asking and wondering if this will do any damage to my Battery

Nah, won't make any difference worth worrying about. It's much kinder to the Battery than e.g. using 300kW DC chargers all the time for instance! :laugh: 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Nah, won't make any difference worth worrying about. It's much kinder to the battery than e.g. using 300kW DC chargers all the time for instance! :laugh: 

Thanks. 👌💯💯

• Like 1

I used to charge mine with a zappi charger, using solar power, during three summers.

When the solar surplus was marginal, charging was switching on and off all the time.

There was no drop in range over the three years.

I just hope you don't get bored with replugging the charging cable every 15 minutes! The car won't mind. You might.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links