Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 9" Infotainment

chris01942

Hi all, does anyone else find the 9" display a bit buggy in regards to MY T services profiles. I use the key rather than phone, but also does the same with the phone, to remember my profile & login in when I get in the car, but often it's in guest profile & I find no recent profiles stored, so I have to do the QR code scanning to logon my profile again? It's frustrating. Any ideas?

Regards, Chris

I did, my dealer did some fast finger movement and selected Keys.  At some point it dropped out, until it back and he did a reset.

• Like 1

The MyT app is a bit rubbish. I’ve just had a look and it hasn’t recorded any of my last 5 journeys the last one was Friday. It knows where the car is all the time but it doesn’t seem to know how it got there!

I find the 9” smart connect screen a bit buggy. I also use the key as an identifier and it’s been logging me in quite reliably recently. It still has the occasional issue the latest being a random loss of dab radio, fm was fine but all dab stations were silent, a restart cured it. Also wireless Apple car play is a bit hit and miss occasionally it refuses to connect or it will just freeze the map app and not record any movement, but switch to the inbuilt sat nav and that works fine.

It was terrible after I did an update a few months back so as a last resort I did a full factory reset and since then it’s been better. 

• Like 1

I bumped into a software update this morning on our YC Excel 9inch system. It updated straightforwardly. Recently logging journeys was rubbish on the MyT app. Today it logged our journey to Rothbury - and could tell where we were when we were there! Then it logged our journey back home! Result if it continues.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Russ Taylor said:

I bumped into a software update this morning on our YC Excel 9inch system. It updated straightforwardly. Recently logging journeys was rubbish on the MyT app. Today it logged our journey to Rothbury - and could tell where we were when we were there! Then it logged our journey back home! Result if it continues.

Thanks for that I’ve just updated mine will see how it goes 🤞

• Like 1

How did you get the update?  I should was automatic.

Do you have the update number?

Anyone here familiar with both the Touch 2 and the new system? Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, but does the new system REQUIRE internet access for nav to work?

How is the infotainment side? Wondering if I'm not losing much if I get Touch 2. I'm only wondering as I haven't seen the new system, but familiar with the Touch 2.

10 hours ago, Roy124 said:

How did you get the update?  I should was automatic.

Do you have the update number?

It will ask you to update eventually but you can go looking for one by clicking the top left settings icon then the system tab then software update then check for update. Then just follow the instructions. My software version is 1.22.133 but these are vehicle specific so the cross might be different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Anyone here familiar with both the Touch 2 and the new system? Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, but does the new system REQUIRE internet access for nav to work?

How is the infotainment side? Wondering if I'm not losing much if I get Touch 2. I'm only wondering as I haven't seen the new system, but familiar with the Touch 2.

I don’t have Touch 2 but AFAIK it has a 1” smaller screen, onboard sat nav and wired Apple CarPlay/ Android auto. While smart connect has wireless carplay / AA and a cloud based sat nav. It has its own built in sim for internet access which is free for 4 years.
I use carplay for infotainment which is generally good but has the odd connection glitch now and again 

• Like 2

Following Ralph's post, I have yet to check my update status but just looked at MyT.  To my surprise all, bar one I think, trips are suddenly there.  As several previously missing trips had good consumption figures the monthly average just improved from 60.2 to 60.6.  February is now on a par with November. 

• Like 2

Regarding loss of DAB, I am not convinced that this is either a Toyota or software issue but one of transmission blindspot. 

Descending into Grantham from the south the London Road is in a valley.  Once in town there are several trading estates presenting a barrier between the car and the broadcast aerial at Waltham. 

Our preferred radio is one of the talk channels.  Subjectively we think their signal strength may be less than the BBC channels as we can often get them when losing the commercials. These are broadcast at high VHF. 

Using Android Auto OTOH, in 4G is much higher in UHF.  

Just checked, I have version 1.22.011 and this is reported as up to date. 

29 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Just checked, I have version 1.22.011 and this is reported as up to date. 

Really? My Cross went to 1.22.133 this week. Must be a phased roll-out. 

I don't think the update has resolved my user login issues though 🙄

2 hours ago, Impith said:

Really? My Cross went to 1.22.133 this week. Must be a phased roll-out. 

I don't think the update has resolved my user login issues though 🙄

Mine went to 1.22.133 this Thursday 16/2/23. So far it seems to remember that it’s me via the key and working ok.

In the past I’ve thought cloud cover and location was a sure preventer of good 4g signal. Maybe it’s improving - it should do with all the effort going in to it and the large number of cars using the Smart Connect system.

3 hours ago, Ralph H said:

I don’t have Touch 2 but AFAIK it has a 1” smaller screen, onboard sat nav and wired Apple CarPlay/ Android auto. While smart connect has wireless carplay / AA and a cloud based sat nav. It has its own built in sim for internet access which is free for 4 years.
I use carplay for infotainment which is generally good but has the odd connection glitch now and again 

Thank you!

On 2/18/2023 at 9:14 AM, Roy124 said:

Following Ralph's post, I have yet to check my update status but just looked at MyT.  To my surprise all, bar one I think, trips are suddenly there.  As several previously missing trips had good consumption figures the monthly average just improved from 60.2 to 60.6.  February is now on a par with November. 

Tonight, as I mentioned elsewhere, my latest trip was on MyT within 8 minutes 

This morning my journey was in the MyT app, but it is now alerting me that although it is locked my key is left in the car?

It’s not because it’s in my pocket. Didn’t think it was possible to lock the car with the key still in it anyway. 

You can lock the car with the second pair of keys inside the car but only via buttons on first keys.

On 2/18/2023 at 12:37 PM, Russ Taylor said:

Mine went to 1.22.133 this Thursday 16/2/23. So far it seems to remember that it’s me via the key and working ok.

In the past I’ve thought cloud cover and location was a sure preventer of good 4g signal. Maybe it’s improving - it should do with all the effort going in to it and the large number of cars using the Smart Connect system.

Ah well! Can’t have everything with over the air connectivity. My two 35 mile journeys yesterday haven’t uploaded. So the update didn’t fix the issue of not recording journeys. Silly me I thought that was what it was meant to do! Smart Connect. Annoying but when it’s working I like it. Flaky with start up Apple Car Play or not this journey? bluetooth or not? I suppose I’ll re-log in again and see if that helps. Or just leave it alone?

Russ, thanks for that 😞 as mine had suddenly all appeared, one after just 8 minutes, I had hoped they has got it fixed.

Roy, did your firmware update yet?

I think I take back my earlier statement that the update hasn't fixed my user account problem. It has certainly improved it. It still seems to go through two 'phases' - the first when it wishes me good morning/afternoon, and the second when it tells me privacy mode is inactive. But now it doesn't lose any route that has been set, which it would in the past, and I haven't noticed being logged in as guest recently. Mind you, my home and work favourites appear to have been wiped. 

On 2/22/2023 at 12:29 PM, Russ Taylor said:

Ah well! Can’t have everything with over the air connectivity. My two 35 mile journeys yesterday haven’t uploaded. So the update didn’t fix the issue of not recording journeys. Silly me I thought that was what it was meant to do! Smart Connect. Annoying but when it’s working I like it. Flaky with start up Apple Car Play or not this journey? Bluetooth or not? I suppose I’ll re-log in again and see if that helps. Or just leave it alone?

My 2 35 mile journeys on Tuesday were uploaded by Thursday morning. Say 30 plus hours after the event. Others have given that same time frame so I suppose on that front it is business as usual after the recent update. Haven’t seen anything of note afire 1.22.133 other than a 70 (70 not National Limit) in a 40 limit! Don’t think it reverted to kms but it keeps us entertained!