Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Deck boards boot space

Lincur

No way Harpic, No way Dot and No way rubber mats.  Shoes come off regularly on longer drives and I’m not having Yaris imprinted on my tootsies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Awaiting my Cross, your comments intrigue me.

Whilst Toyota are built to a price point,they are bullet proof & 60 % the price of a Lexus Clone.

The reduction in Refinement I have enjoyed for the last 25 years does not irk ; as age deprives me of perfect hearing these days.

The AWD Cross is value for money in my opinion .

Remain Excited.

Tel

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Awaiting my Cross, your comments intrigue me.

Whilst Toyota are built to a price point,they are bullet proof & 60 % the price of a Lexus Clone.

The reduction in Refinement I have enjoyed for the last 25 years does not irk ; as age deprives me of perfect hearing these days.

The AWD Cross is value for money in my opinion .

Remain Excited.

Tel

And so you should, it’s a good car.  I’ve said I’m not disappointed with the car, there are just some things that could be improved at very little expense.  Value for money?  I guess it’s the powertrain that pulls the price up but it isn’t cheap imo.  

• Like 5

Cheap and good value don't always conflate; Toyotas, especially now, definitely aren't cheap, but I still consider them decent value considering what they can do!

My Mk4 may not be as fun as say an MX5 or as fast as an Aventador but it's near enough as fun to go on a hoon and, crucially, doesn't bankrupt me at the pump :laugh: 

The only other car I've driven that could do that was my old Mk1 D4D!

For me this is one of very few have-your-cake-and-eat it cars; Usually you have to choose between performance or economy, but this nails the latter and fakes the former well enough for me :laugh: 

• Like 6

Deck boards for the boot are a 60/40 split.  It allows storage under it and out of sight..  It's not standard, as we got our Yaris Cross in Dec.  We did ask our local toyota dealer and they couldn't get them from Toyota.  They are however available in other countries, so no idea what the issue is here.  

12 hours ago, Lincur said:

Deck boards for the boot are a 60/40 split.  It allows storage under it and out of sight..  It's not standard, as we got our Yaris Cross in Dec.  We did ask our local toyota dealer and they couldn't get them from Toyota.  They are however available in other countries, so no idea what the issue is here.  

Deck boards are so thin that if you use them at upper position even light items will break them in two imo. Best to make your own one as diy project. The problem with Toyota cars its not the cars themselves but the people who work at the head office uk. As pretty much any other business at political level the office people screwed the things for everyone.
Latest democracy in western countries its worse than previous communist regime in ex soviet countries, i can confirm that from life experience been from both sides of the story  👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lincur said:

I wonder if they just don't know how their own ordering system works.

When I was trying to get 15" rims, literally no dealer within 50 miles of me could get me them or even find a part code, and insisted they didn't exist, which didn't make sense as I knew the car could have 15" rims as practically every other market has them on the lowest spec, even Ireland!

In the end it was our very own PartsKing who was the only person who was able to get me all the part numbers, and when I took it to my local dealer's parts desk he expressed some surprise that it appeared, then was like "ooh it's under a different country, what's why I couldn't find it..."

so maybe you need to get them to look for it under a country that has it rather than UK!

• Like 2

I can't remember when my car's interior was cleaned but I have to carry a pig around as an air freshener. The rubber mats are in a really bad state. I have to wipe my feet when exiting the car!

I have to say, for practicality, the rubber mats are better but not as luxurious as carpet mats.

1 hour ago, olonas said:

I can't remember when my car's interior was cleaned but I have to carry a pig around as an air freshener. The rubber mats are in a really bad state. I have to wipe my feet when exiting the car!

I have to say, for practicality, the rubber mats are better but not as luxurious as carpet mats.

What, you don’t vacuum your car every night? 😂

• Haha 4

On 2/25/2023 at 10:50 PM, anchorman said:

No way Harpic, No way Dot and No way rubber mats.  Shoes come off regularly on longer drives and I’m not having Yaris imprinted on my tootsies.

Its a legal requirment in the UK to wear shoes when driving. (Sensable shoes at that)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek.w said:

Its a legal requirment in the UK to wear shoes when driving. (Sensable shoes at that)

Where zitsay?

It's a bit more of a grey area than that. Had an argument with someone many moons ago who said they'd report me to the police for driving with my work boots on as they were convinced this was illegal as it impeded my ability to control the car.

Complete hogwash of course, and got some nice karma when they went to drive off in a huff and stalled :laugh: 

The relevant rule says: "You SHOULD ensure that ... clothing and footwear do not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner"

So you can wear what you like as long as you can maintain control of the car. It is generally recommended to not drive barefoot or e.g. in flipflops as if you e.g. cut your foot on some spiky bit of metal or your flop got stuck in the pedal somehow you could be in a spot of bother, but there's no specific rule about it and if you are able to drive safely like that because you're used to it then it's pretty much a case of no harm no foul.

I literally learned to drive wearing my big stompy boots, so if anything I reckon I'd have less control if I went back to normal shoes as I wouldn't be used to it! (My instructor wasn't keen on it initially, saying clutch control would be much harder, but we both agreed to see how it played out. I must admit I didn't find it made a significant difference, maybe just altering the angle of my foot to enable me to roll-back smoothly on it when engaging, but that was it, and even he had to admit it was absolutely fine in spite of his initial reservations.). Although now that I no longer drive a manual, it's all a bit moot as I reckon a pirate with a peg-leg could drive the Mk4 with no trouble :laugh: 

That said if you are in an accident and they find out, you'd need to be prepared for them to use that as an avenue of attack for prosecution. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cyker said:

a pirate with a peg-leg could drive the Mk4 with no trouble :laugh: 

That said if you are in an accident and they find out, you'd need to be prepared for them to use that as an avenue of attack for prosecution. 

How many pirates with a peg leg do you know that drive Yarississies?

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

I don't know how many Cyker knows, but there are three of 'em down our close.

One has a parrot that swears a lot, the other has a castor on the end of his peg leg, and the third seems to have jack sparrow delusions, and is forever swinging between the telephone wires.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

It's a bit more of a grey area than that. Had an argument with someone many moons ago who said they'd report me to the police for driving with my work boots on as they were convinced this was illegal as it impeded my ability to control the car.

Complete hogwash of course, and got some nice karma when they went to drive off in a huff and stalled :laugh: 

The relevant rule says: "You SHOULD ensure that ... clothing and footwear do not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner"

So you can wear what you like as long as you can maintain control of the car. It is generally recommended to not drive barefoot or e.g. in flipflops as if you e.g. cut your foot on some spiky bit of metal or your flop got stuck in the pedal somehow you could be in a spot of bother, but there's no specific rule about it and if you are able to drive safely like that because you're used to it then it's pretty much a case of no harm no foul.

I literally learned to drive wearing my big stompy boots, so if anything I reckon I'd have less control if I went back to normal shoes as I wouldn't be used to it! (My instructor wasn't keen on it initially, saying clutch control would be much harder, but we both agreed to see how it played out. I must admit I didn't find it made a significant difference, maybe just altering the angle of my foot to enable me to roll-back smoothly on it when engaging, but that was it, and even he had to admit it was absolutely fine in spite of his initial reservations.). Although now that I no longer drive a manual, it's all a bit moot as I reckon a pirate with a peg-leg could drive the Mk4 with no trouble :laugh: 

I suppose it's a bit subjective the choice of driving apparel.

On longer journeys I prefer open back cream driving gloves,a horizontally striped jumper with sequins, leather chaps, and kitten heel doc martins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think that might fall foul of the highway code entry for Fashion Crimes Against Humanity :eek: :laugh: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

No accounting for taste.  Just hope you don't have to get out. 

• Haha 3

Well he might help people who are trying to use solar panels to keep their 12v charged...

On 2/27/2023 at 8:32 AM, TonyHSD said:

Latest democracy in western countries its worse than previous communist regime in ex soviet countries, i can confirm that from life experience been from both sides of the story  👍

A Russian friend who had never visited the West got a shock when I started explaining to him everything that has been going on the past several years (EUSSR, Brexit, and the pandemic). He's now emmigrated to another country under an emmigration arrangement. He's pleased to be finally out of Russia with his family.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

/pirate voice  "YAR! IS that my new car, matey?" /pirate voice

It seems to check out...:pirate: 🏴‍☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IIRC Stirling Moss would drive in either socks or slippers when trying for hypermileages. 

It would have helped my mother too.  Forever having to get the clutch replaced.

"I don't rest my foot on the clutch pedal, I just keep it over it in case ......."

Yeah right.

• Haha 1

Deck boards > Boots > slippers > socks

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 12:06 PM, anchorman said:

What, you don’t vacuum your car every night? 😂

No, a quick deodorant spray of the pig each morning.:thumbup1:

• 5 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 11:00 PM, Bernard Foy said:

Some of our members have made their own. I made one, firstly I made a cutout template out of strong cardboard, and used three eighth inch plywood then cut it in half with a finger hole near the back bumper, joined both halves underneath by piano hinge and covered the thing with a light cloth material a couple of felt pads on the resting points and hey presto a great deck board.!!

Do you still have the template ? I need to make one so I can get my mobility scooter in better.

Jrstyth@hotmail.co.uk  yaris hybrid design 2021.

I emailed the main man at Toyota eu because I could not get high level deckboard anywhere. Explained I needed it to accommodate my invalid scooter. I was offered one as a special request BUT £1300 + was a silly price. So will end up making my own too. If a template was available it would help a lot.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links