Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A different review.

Max_Headroom

At last a reviewer that doesn't moan about scratchy plastics and what size bottles wont go in the door pocket.

• Like 6

Maybe, but I'm a bit worried about his vision... how does it look anything like a Yaris?! :laugh:  The Yaris and Yaris Cross look nothing alike on the outside!! I don't think they share even a single line! :laugh: 

If he was talking about the inside then yeah, but definitely not the outside!

• Like 8

I agree there is little similarity between the two Yaris models.  I parked up next to a Yaris and I really tried to match them, but it's absolutely nominal.  I've often said the Yaris Cross could have been called a baby Rav, and that would have been more realistic.  Inside, yes, outside, not so much! 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

At last a reviewer that doesn't moan about scratchy plastics and what size bottles wont go in the door pocket.

What an awful review. He obviously hasn't realised he's been given the press info for another car to the one he's driving so when he's tries to convince the audience he knows what he's talking about, he's actually takling nonsense. If I'm being honest, it makes him look a right pill0ck.

This review is full of mistakes and mis-understandings. At least the 'scratchy plastics' reviewers come over as more trustworthy.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mrs Scoobington said:

I've often said the Yaris Cross could have been called a baby Rav

That's exactly what I call it. Even has the same instrument cluster, and the tailgate/tail lights look similar.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

This review is full of mistakes and mis-understandings. At least the 'scratchy plastics' reviewers come over as more trustworthy.

TBH I couldn't give a ubik about mistakes it's the explanation of how it drives I liked anyone who would watch one review and take everything in it as fact  and buy the car without doing more research would be a pill0k. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

Maybe, but I'm a bit worried about his vision... how does it look anything like a Yaris?! :laugh:  The Yaris and Yaris Cross look nothing alike on the outside!! I don't think they share even a single line! :laugh: 

If he was talking about the inside then yeah, but definitely not the outside!

Aye, looks like a mini Rav more than anything else.

• Like 5

I think he may just be selling magazines and collecting email addresses so was probably doing the job his sponsers payed him to do !

But of course the claim Yaris & Yaris Cross look alike is where the nonesense is revealed as already noted by everyone else here.

• Like 5

Obviously there are better reviews but most are so similar  concentrating more on  scratchy plastics, can we get our 1.5 litre bottle of water in every boor pocket, is the boot the biggest in class, is the glovebox big enough, are the vents in the front bumper real, does the parcel shelf fit under the boot floor and several other things the majority of us wouldn't give a second thought to when considering buying a car. 

As I said in my earlier post I prefer the reviewer to give us his view of the driving experience and this guy was very enthusiastic.

• Like 5

What I want know is how in the name of smeg did the guy in Tony's post insure it for £229?!?!?! :eek: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

What I want know is how in the name of smeg did the guy in Tony's post insure it for £229?!?!?! :eek: 

Does he use a home address of a hill farm on the top of Rockall?

Why do I always want to call this type of car a Crossdresser?

4 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

TBH I couldn't give a ubik about mistakes it's the explanation of how it drives I liked anyone who would watch one review and take everything in it as fact  and buy the car without doing more research would be a pill0k. 

If his explanation of the car is full of mistakes, what makes you think the explanation of how it drives isn't?

I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Just one of his bloopers is he doesn't know why anyone would turn off traction control. Perhaps if he opened the owners manunal that he so clearly dismisses and read it...   He clearly hasn't a clue about driving either.

It's certainly 'different' alright...  he's reviewing another car from the one he's driving. 😄

• Like 4

The Player TV youtube channel a place where the sponser rules and fiction is presented as fact

In his final words there is at least a hint he could be reviewing a Jet Ski or Submarine soon I and I predict they will not only score highly but also look very similar.

What a load of nonsense.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, RonYarisX said:

I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

You don't need to know how a car works to know if it drives well or not

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

I think it's all about credibility and for me he ain't got it

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Actually it will be better if you know how the car works and what happens under the bonnet. 
Most car reviews comes from exactly same people who has no idea how the hybrid system works and how to get the most out of it. All they know is floor it and expected miracles to happen or the car to fly away like a golf R, and !Removed! and change gears like an  F1. This not gonna happen with Toyota hybrids and that’s why they are not the favourite within the auto journalists.
Some of these guys the smarter ones and an example is Bob Flavin from Ireland see what these cars are capable of and how properly used can deliver a respectful performance and great efficiency and smooth drive. Since then these guys knowing more about the system and how it works testing the cars and share more positive thoughts and show respect towards the product. Tbh only someone who had never tried or understood Toyota hybrids can say anything negative about these cars. And if you compare those to standard cars manual or auto Toyota aren’t slower, noisier, bumpier or lack anything that others has, they are the same or better but with one or two things that makes them different and the better option

1. Drivability 

2. Reliability 

👍

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Hibird said:

I think it's all about credibility and for me he ain't got it

And you are entitled to your view, 537 people however took the time to give it a thumbs up and no one at this point in time has given him a thumbs down so 537  people obviously enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max_Headroom said:

And you are entitled to your view, 537 people however took the time to give it a thumbs up and no one at this point in time has given him a thumbs down so 537  people obviously enjoyed it. 

Yes the guy clearly has an audience with the wanabee youtubers, he will probably doing some unboxing next week.

'You don't need to know how a car works to know if it drives well or not'

For me it helps and helps a lot thats why credibility for me is important but for some maybe not so much.

• Like 2

Reviews for me are useful for one thing: just seeing the car while ignoring the reviewer. If they say something interesting, or do something interesting, I may watch it again.

If I'm seriously interested, I'll go get one and test drive it myself.

• Like 7

I'll look at any and all reviews.  I didn't mind this one, even though it was a little inaccurate.   It's good to get all different perspectives.

That said, I think it's really important to know how a car works, to review it or even drive it properly.  Seen too many reviewers complaining about Toyota hybrids when it's actually because they don't understand how it works.  I've seen post on the Toyota FB group from people asking how to charge up a HEV and why it only goes a few miles on a charge.

I've even been told I'm being elitist or something by expecting people to do a bit of research before spending 40k.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have watched every review on the planet about yaris cross before putting my order and still, car surprised me in every other aspect (good and bad). They don't talk about the hard armrest (door-arm rest? 😄 ), very average seats, poor AC vents design(and also regulation), no light on back seats, heated steering wheel heat only on specific places, etc. Everybody is different and everybody has their own preferences.  Everybody talks about big bottles of water in door bins or soft dashes. Who cares about the soft plastic on the dash, I don't touch it, ever.

Most important thing is to do a test drive, ideally, rent a car for a day or two...That will be the best that you can do. Because nothing is better than in-person experience.

For example, I very liked Ford puma as a competitor to cross, and reviews were also very good on puma, then I sit in that car at the showroom and I don't like it at all, don't even do a test drive. I just don't like how it looks inside and how things were placed.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Hibird said:

Yes the guy clearly has an audience with the wanabee youtubers, he will probably doing some unboxing next week.

Why are you always so scathing,  you know nothing about his audience and by the way (in case you didn't know)  you don't need to be a subscriber or follower to give someone a thumbs up or down, why cant you just accept  537 people watched his video and enjoyed it (unlike you) and decided to leave him positive feedback?

20 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Why are you always so scathing,  you know nothing about his audience and by the way (in case you didn't know)  you don't need to be a subscriber or follower to give someone a thumbs up or down, why cant you just accept  537 people watched his video and enjoyed it (unlike you) and decided to leave him positive feedback?

I know how youtube works, I understand he has an audience and also understand 537 people liked it (not many is it),  I also understand you have a point of view. I think you just need to accept that others do as well !

I know how youtube works, I understand he has an audience and also understand 537 people liked it (not many is it), 

You know nothing about the 537 people that gave him a thumbs up you say his audience as if they are all his followers have you any evidence of this? 

As for "not many is it"  its probably 530 more likes than you are likely to get in this thread.   

(i was going to say 536 but that would have been mean)  😉

I also understand you have a point of view. I think you just need to accept that others do as well !

A slight edit for accuracy -

I also understand you have a point of view. I think you just need to accept that others i do as well and mine is more important!