Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Tuning ?

Ian Lemmy kilmister

Hello
Does anyone know if it will be possible to update the software on the engine. so you get the same horsepower as on the new corolla 2023?
I have the 1.8 now with a total of 122hp, the new corolla has almost 140hp in the 1.8l engine….(hybrid)

Edited by Ian Lemmy kilmister
Spelling.

Simple answer, no.

The changes to produce the power increase include new hardware, not just a bit of re-mapping.

I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable will provide the details.

• Like 1

Yes and i Will check at my toyotaservice.  I think its just a new re Map.  The engine its the same. 

The gas engin its the same.   Its the hybrid system its bosted …. 

The revised hybrid system boosts output to 134 hp (up from 121) and 156 lb-ft (212 N·m) of torque (up from 146 lb-ft / 200 N·m), while EPA-estimated combined fuel economy reaches 47 mpg. The upgraded hybrid system improves acceleration and mid-range power.

Sorry I'm only posting because the idea of Lemmy driving a Corolla Hybrid made me laugh :laugh: 

• Haha 2

Haha. Lemmy did not have a driving license 💀

• Haha 2

You can’t tune up 1.8 to make it more powerful. 
The engines are exactly the same in both 2019 and 2023, however the changes are huge and on the electric side of the system., new inverter, new transmission, new electric motors and a new Battery

• Like 7

Yepp u right 

• Like 1

Also, modern (Well, post-2000s at least!) Toyotas are notoriously hard to change the mapping on as nobody's cracked the ECU encryption.

Even the hardened Toyota ricer has to resort to a piggy-back module or a custom ECU, and that's before even considering all the high voltage gubbins!!

• Like 4

Tread very carefully with any software updates especially performance related, I work for Bmw at a main dealer and the volume of cars we now see 'chipped' is huge and then we start to see them turning up on recovery trucks with major failures and they get zero goodwill if out of warranty and warranty void if it's in warranty. The manufacturers now have the software in place to give a warning as soon as they are hooked up to our diagnostic equipment and lots of people who buy cars outside the main dealer network are generally unaware that the vehicle is modified.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links