Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote reprogram

Bob Moore

I have tried to get an answer from two distributors, who have not replied. I also contacted the Toyota head office who couldn't help as it is a Japanese import.

Can anyone let me know the procedure to reprogram a remote for my 2000 model Yaris?

Hi Robert,

Have a look at this link when I first looked at it I thought it would not work but it does. Listen to the steps carried out. Hope this helps

https://youtu.be/5KVn5CjZzu4

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2003 Yaris and both remotes have stopped working. The remotes are separate to the keys. ie there are no buttons on the actual keys. See photo.

I have tried several methods from the web (closing and opening door twice etc) and nothing worked. Someone somewhere made a comment that it worked when the window was open so I tried that and there was some response. When the doors should auto lock and unlock twice they did it just once but the key fobs did not work. Any ideas anyone please?

key fobs.jpg

That is an aftermarket fob, if memory serves they are standard cobra 7777 fobs - have you replaced the batteries ? (with decent quality. In date cells)

does the car have an alarm ?

does the led flash on the remote when pressed

• Like 1

Hi Bob. Thanks for quick reply.

Your memory is good - the circuit board has 7777 on it.

Yes, replaced Battery (new panasonic).

I believe the car does have an alarm but I've never heard it go off. Is it standard?

Yes, the led flashes when I press the buttons.

Paul

It may be dealer fit or fitted later

walk up to the drivers door, and hold both buttons after it turns solid red, let go of the buttons and press unlock or lock

if not

open the door with the key, get in, close the door turn the car on (lights on the dash) within 10 seconds

hold both buttons after it turns solid red, let go of the buttons and press unlock or lock

there are a few other ways, depending on what unit is fitted and its age

Bob, you're a life-saver!

"hold both buttons after it turns solid red, let go of the buttons and press unlock or lock"

This worked first time on one fob and third time on second fob. I had to hold both buttons down for 30 seconds before the led stayed on.

Thanks so much for your help!

Where do you get this information from?

Many years of playing with cars, fitted plenty of audio and alarms - cobra was my go to, fitted plenty of remote central locking upgrades to 80's-90's and early 2000's cars

Plus i have loads of useless info in my head 😉

cases and fob straps are cheap and easy these days, 20 years ago you had to know the right people to get spares

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links