Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bZ4X Software Bugs, Updates and OTA

bZ4X

I've just contacted my dealer, and they confirmed the updates are live, as well as a radar calibration is due.

Booked in for day after tomorrow, been told should take approximately 2hrs

• Like 3

We contacted our dealer yesterday and were told they still do not have the update, which they describe as a "product impovement"

Location London.

• Confused 1

This is what my car is supposedly booked in for tomorrow 

Screenshot_20230518_230347_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, egg said:

This is what my car is supposedly booked in for tomorrow 

Screenshot_20230518_230347_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is this webpage ot MyT application? 

55 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Is this webpage ot MyT application? 

This is from my dealers site after checking in my car earlier for my appointment Friday afternoon 

• Like 1

Just got back from dealer, all done in about 2hrs, even though it was stressed to me when i got there it could take up to 3hrs.

Percentage now showing, hooray.

Much more accurate ac info, seems to just take about 8% off planned range now.

Will have to monitor to see if I'm showing any extra range above zero, on first signs, could be an extra 5 miles approx, which is all i was expecting 

20230519_161952.jpg

20230519_161936.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/19/2023 at 4:40 PM, egg said:

Just got back from dealer, all done in about 2hrs, even though it was stressed to me when i got there it could take up to 3hrs.

Percentage now showing, hooray.

Much more accurate ac info, seems to just take about 8% off planned range now.

Will have to monitor to see if I'm showing any extra range above zero, on first signs, could be an extra 5 miles approx, which is all i was expecting 

20230519_161952.jpg

20230519_161936.jpg

Did your dealer do this for free?

2 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

Did your dealer do this for free?

Yes it was free

• Thanks 1

After pestering my local dealership, I am finally told that there is a recall for my car - and that I should have received a letter (which hasn't arrived, but may still appear). It's apparently more than just a software update - but to person I spoke to did not know what else needed to be done - presumably the work detailed in an earlier post?

9 hours ago, Empty Sea said:

After pestering my local dealership, I am finally told that there is a recall for my car - and that I should have received a letter (which hasn't arrived, but may still appear). It's apparently more than just a software update - but to person I spoke to did not know what else needed to be done - presumably the work detailed in an earlier post?

There is one recall (Recall code is XGG95) fixing front camera failure. Apart from that, I'm not aware of any other recall. 

image.thumb.png.d0ae5bcd340d291002cad02ecf9035e4.png

I had the letter & am booked in for Thursday this week

16 hours ago, Andy BZ4x said:

image.thumb.png.d0ae5bcd340d291002cad02ecf9035e4.png

I had the letter & am booked in for Thursday this week

Just had the same letter through post this morning, bit late Toyota, already had it done 😁

My car is booked in for tomorrow to get the update. The dealership told me there were three separate updates: the communications module, a modification to the front camera software, and the aforementioned display / range features.

I won’t be holding my breath for an update anytime soon that provides EV information to CarPlay Apple Maps for better EV/Apple Maps integration!

1 hour ago, Mister Mike said:

The dealership told me there were three separate updates: the communications module ...

It might be helpful to other bZ4X owners to get details on the communications module update - it doesn't appear to be on the list of updates reported by others as far as I can see ...

6 hours ago, egg said:

Just had the same letter through post this morning, bit late Toyota, already had it done 😁

Same here. I received it but didn't have chance to book it yet. 

3 hours ago, philip42h said:

It might be helpful to other bZ4X owners to get details on the communications module update - it doesn't appear to be on the list of updates reported by others as far as I can see ...

Maybe this is the OTA update we recived? 

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

Maybe this is the OTA update we recived? 

I doubt it - I can't see Toyota risking updating the DCM module OTA ... 😜

I received my letter today - with the same information as Andy, but with an additional line: "In addition our records show that there are additional campaign(s) outstanding." Very cryptic.

On 6/7/2023 at 12:42 PM, philip42h said:

Sadly, the dealership postponed my booking for a week, saying they didn’t have all the software yet. Weird. I don’t know where they get this stuff, but surely it’s distributed over the net these days?

16 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

they didn’t have all the software yet

Our bet is that statement they made should really have read :

"we have not yet received the necessary training on the install method......"

Apparently it takes over two hours to complete the upgrade, it sounds quite complex

• Like 1

My update was completed successfully yesterday on my Premiere edition. % Battery charge shows, along with a reduced reduction in range when air con on. I somehow expected that my total range estimate would increase by a few miles, but it remains the same at 231 miles when fully charged.I thought that the buffer was going to be reduced, and therefore a greater range shown. Any comments?

• Like 1

Following my software update last week i have a slight improvement on range when fully charged - possible about an extra 10 miles, but that may also be the warmer weather. 

AWD fully charged now showing a range of 248 miles, & I think this is quite accurate I would expect to get about 230 ish out of this.

• Like 1

I left mine to the dealer today for the software update. 

Update done this morning. Worked at the dealership while it was carried out - less than 2h including car wash & clean. Nice to the % change and very small drop with AC on now. Ill see what it looks like when charged to full and on a future longer drive. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links