Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Re-formulated Shell V-Power

FROSTYBALLS

Good grief that's a marketing speak tour de force... It always amazes me how they can write so many words yet convey so little information :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think esso supreme also offers 3x more cleaning power Tesco momentum also claim more cleaning power I tend to use esso supreme and you get the nectar points which offers more flexibility as to what you can spend them on such as swapping points for British airways avios.

• Like 2

The word 'more' implies comparison with 'than'. 

I wonder if the ASA checks these.  The Shell one nearly avoids the fuel consumption issue by saying conditions very. Now if I routinely get X mpg over a period then I might expect X+ and this should be comparable with someone else's Y and Y+.  Why don't they give examples. 

A thought, the WLTP is designed for car to car comparison.  Do they use a standard fuel?  Or do the manufacturers use their best fuel? 

We should have the oil company WLTP figures. 

• Like 2

Anyone remember Shell's super fuel in the 90's. I think they called it Formula Shell. I seem to recall that it was withdrawn or at least re-formulated after causing damage to countless engines,

Lets hope they've tested this exhaustively!!

• Haha 1

If you have too much cleaning agent in the fuel do you not risk it cleaning oil from where it is supposed to be?

4 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

If you have too much cleaning agent in the fuel do you not risk it cleaning oil from where it is supposed to be?

Wouldn't the cleaning agent be cleaning carbon deposits and other remnants of the firing process, rather than oil?

14 hours ago, Big_D said:

Wouldn't the cleaning agent be cleaning carbon deposits and other remnants of the firing process, rather than oil?

I don't know that's why i asked  😉

• Like 1

The cleaning agents will only clean the fuel system - Tank, pump, lines, injectors, valves etc. ; The only place it can get to the oil is once it gets in the pistons and it should be burned before it gets a  chance to.

The main downside of a lot of cleaning agents is they are not fuel, so will reduce the amount of energy per litre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links