Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DCM Recall

Beta

I've had a text from my local Toyota dealer saying my car has an outstanding safety recall and for me to book it in. Has anyone else had this or know anything about it?

My car Corolla GR Sport 1.8 estate registered December 2020.

4 minutes ago, Beta said:

I've had a text from my local Toyota dealer saying my car has an outstanding safety recall and for me to book it in. Has anyone else had this or know anything about it?

My car Corolla GR Sport 1.8 estate registered December 2020.

Ask the Dealer Mark.

Usually the DVSA safety recall process requires the manufacturer to write to owners of affected vehicles rather than relying on dealers to make contact.

There was one recall re the torque of a bolt on the brake pedal bracket and another for the e-call.

I would check with the dealer that it is a safety recall and, if it is, which of the two recalls it is.

Just spoke to the dealer, it's an e-call malfunction, booked in for next week.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know what this recall for reprogramming is about? I have been informed by my main dealer that this works needs to be carried out

Do you mean DCM ? DCM is the Data Communication Module, Toyota are doing a Customer satisfaction campaign

It is to rectify Battery drain issues among other issues with the DCM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Do you mean DCM ? DCM is the Data Communication Module, Toyota are doing a Customer satisfaction campaign

It is to rectify battery drain issues among other issues with the DCM

Aaa thank you that answers it! Been told a few different things but thanks again 

2 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Yes mine was just done as part of its first service 

Mines is due it's second service and since this is my first car I'd wanted to know more...

My dealership and TME was useless but I remembered about here

I have got mine done last week and it hasn't made any difference still missing trips in the MYt app.

Its useless really.

6 hours ago, Cherry Corolla said:

Mines is due it's second service and since this is my first car I'd wanted to know more...

My dealership and TME was useless but I remembered about here

It's just a software update that needs to be applied to the vehicle concerning the DCM & it's functionality, it's free of charge so the customer doesn't really need to know anymore then that.

It will be applied next time your vehicle is in a Toyota workshop.

3 hours ago, forkingabout said:

It's just a software update that needs to be applied to the vehicle concerning the DCM & it's functionality, it's free of charge so the customer doesn't really need to know anymore then that.

It will be applied next time your vehicle is in a Toyota workshop.

For me it's different I would like to know why my car needs recall work like this done and the reason for it! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just dropped my MY22 Corolla in for its first service. The dealer tells me that there is a recall job which they will do while they have the car. It seems that a software fix is required for the Emergency Call and Locator system. Hadn't heard about this before and have not noticed it being mentioned here so I thought I would post about it in case I'm not the only one .

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tel_man said:

Just dropped my MY22 Corolla in for its first service. The dealer tells me that there is a recall job which they will do while they have the car. It seems that a software fix is required for the Emergency Call and Locator system. Hadn't heard about this before and have not noticed it being mentioned here so I thought I would post about it in case I'm not the only one .

It's a Europe wide recall, supposedly to be dealt with in your next service and only involves a software glitch...

• Like 1