Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse for the Touch 2 System

shaks08

Anybody know where the fuse for the Audio system is located on the verso 64 plate d4d. I've looked in the manual which states no.24 RAD.No1, but looking at the diagram on the fuse box cover, there's no fuse on that space??

I've checked nearly all relevant fuses in both internal and engine fuse box. I think it may be the Touch 2 unit itself which is faulty, you can see the backlight display is on when in dark. Everything else in the car is working fine so it may have a seperate fuse for the unit somewhere or it's a faulty unit. I've got appointment with an auto electrician tomorrow morning, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

If it has nav, unplug the module

What do you mean, unplug and replug the module? Do you think the module is faulty

The sat nav is a module under the radio unplug the 3 cables and see if the touch2 boots

Nope, I've unplugged all the cables from the module attached at the bottom.but no luck

Ok, seems it's the touch 2 unit itself which is faulty, module seems ok. Just needed advice whether to get the another same  second hand unit for around £150 (without sat nav module or a third party unit), and if any good third party unit you can recommend

Aftermarket like a pioneer 230dab  will set you back about £450 all said and done

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Aftermarket like a pioneer 230dab  will set you back about £450 all said and done

Yes I've looked into the pioneer, looks great it's £350 on Amazon. Is it just a matter of disconnecting the cables from the old and connecting it back to new one, if it's a difficult task than I may need to take it somewhere. Also will the steering wheel controls work and the reverse camera.

Thanks for your help flash

£350 plus fascia and adapters £420-450 is about right it's mostly plug and play except the reverse camera and reverse signal

Yea that sounds about right, for reverse camera I'll be using retention adapter so i can use the old camera..and what's reverse signal for 

After market systems require a reverse signal (12v) so it knows it's in reverse, you can find it at the Junction box/fuse box/BCM behind the glove box or use a can bus adapter

oem cameras are 6v the retention adapters require live and ground for the voltage regulator

Just to update, in the end I'm going for the pioneer 230dab, It was either the pioneer or atoto s8, pioneer looked more reliable for long term, anyway I didn't have the confidence to install so will be doing it professionally. Was quoted £490 with everything supplied and fitted, except the reverse camera they mentioned it will be included in price if they can connect to old camera or will be a bit more to replace with new one. 

Update; just picked my car up today, they didn't install the reverse camera yet as they had the wrong cable at the time and didn't have the correct one in stock, they'll be charging me for the reverse cable adapter, anyway started the car to check out the system and steering controls wouldn't work. The unit is also sticking out as I thought it would be flushed with the new fascia. Driving back home and quality of dab signal was so poor, kept going off all the time. So they said they'll fit the adapters for free but I'll have to provide, do you know the exact adapters I need for the steering wheel control. Is there an option to flush the unit with fascia, it just doesn't look good sticking out

16795858732911104126337660399243.jpg

On 3/14/2023 at 1:14 PM, flash22 said:

Hi, I've installed this system in my Verso, just few questions if you can help me out;

1. Is there any possibility for screen mirroring from mobile phone

2. I've yet to install the steering wheel adapter, will all the buttons on steering wheel control work with it. (At the moment the 'DISP' button for small clock display on steering wheel is also not working).

Thanks, appreciate your help

The disp button will work once the adapter is connected as it uses the ground through the radio

that's a bodge a Halfords employee could do better - i have seen better install by 17 year olds

the steering wheel adapter and cam adapter should have been included in that price

as the saying goes, If you want something done right, do it yourself

did they give you the box and surround for the radio ? Have you got your original radio, yes it should fit flush - by the looks of it, it's not even mounted correctly just slung in the dash

I know, I've been disappointed with the service I got, still need to provide them the steering and cam adapters, yes I got the metal frame and the surround, is it any way I can make it better with that. I think they got the wrong fascia for the unit

16797590139395164029132640169891.jpg

The black side pieces are too far back, they should be flush with the screen

it's the wrong fascia for a 2016 the one you have looks like the 09-2011 one

CT23TY90

CTSTY015.2 (inc camera adapter)

Thanks for the correct fascia model, I hope they understand and change with right one without any issues, about the steering wheel control interface (CTSTY015.2) just needed to confirm if ite the right one as on the description it states compatible for Verso up till 2013. (Mines 2014) also will I not need the reverse cam cable ( if this is the correct one (Connects2 CAM-TY2-RT)

That kit is correct and comes with the camera adapter and oem USB socket adapter

• Retains Steering Wheel Controls
• Retains Factory Phone Buttons
• Retains Factory Aux Input
• Retains Factory USB Input
• Retains Factory Reversing Camera
• Provides Reverse Gear Feed