Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swapping Aygo MK1 seats with MK2 2014 onwards

Bv9

Hi all

This topic has been discussed a few times before. Members have said that it would be a straight swap to install MK2 2014 onwards seats into a MK1 pre 2014.

However, I notice that both MK1 and MK2 airbags are different - please see pics. So does the MK2 airbags need recoding when the green connector in the MK1 is connected up or will the Aygo MK1 accept them without any fault or error? Also how do we know the Mk2 airbags would deploy if ever needed? Thanks.

BEB1C831-2C71-4E13-B95A-684CB5D5C92B.thumb.jpeg.57049ed37158fa691fdbe247d93274fa.jpeg

26BEB7EC-8D3D-4A49-8B99-8524722C9B4D.thumb.jpeg.ae3bf989353b233006a9f8429048b7ff.jpeg

Recoding ?? The airbag ecu only detects resistance, no need for any coding, they only fire with a 12V pulse

the mk1 and mk2 are the same basic Shell, the airbags are shaped to suit their position

Thanks Flash22. Coming from the world of German cars, I know that if you change an airbag module, you need to re-code it to the car. That's why you can't simply change seats in a BMW or Merc (amongst other reasons). So I did't have any knowledge about whether an MK1 would simply accept the Seat Airbag module of the MK2 seat? But you seem to be suggesting that it does quite happily. That suggests the MK1 knows how to talk happily then to deploy a 12V pulse to the MK2 airbag if it heaven forbid was needed to be deployed? The MK1 doesn't have issues recognising the electrical side of the MK2 airbag? Right?

It's all nice and simple no modules to be programmed, no multiple buses and complex networks it's 2 wires, the ecu does a resistance check on the circuit to each bag when you turn on the car

Btw, anything else to be aware of eg someone was mentioning something about the bolt size or are they all ok and in the same position and size?

not 100% the Mk 2 may use smaller headed bolts i can check part numbers

Mk1 90148-WX001

Mk2 90148-WX002

Yes please that be most helpful. And any reason not just simply reusing the original MK1 bolts? Possibly with a washer? Tx

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2023 at 1:22 PM, Bv9 said:

Yes please that be most helpful. And any reason not just simply reusing the original MK1 bolts? Possibly with a washer? Tx

Any updates? I'm looking to do the same!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links