Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DAB issue

bluerav4

We have just replaced the old 4.2 with a used Yaris Hybrid and have so many issues with the DAB system the FM and everything else works fine as an example the list for stations does not show and when it does your unable to scroll through it. We have a 15 plate Rav too with a similar headunit but that works absolutely fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this or would it be easier just to replace it with an aftermarket unit? The C-HR we had prior had so many issues and in the end they replaced the whole unit but that was under warranty though .

What year yaris ? have you re tuned the FM stations ?

I’m not sure I fully understand the problem but have you got a Dashcam fitted.  They can play havoc with DAB signals.  If you have and you can unplug it at the source, try doing that and see if it is any better.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply guys. No there’s no Dashcam fitted. So the issue with the DAB is it doesn’t show the program type, when you press the list button only the station playing is showing whereas in the Rav we have we can see all the channels. I also noticed that the phone won’t transfer the contacts over either. The FM stations work fine, all the hybrid is system is fine on checking the software version it says 2014 so I’m assuming it may  just need an update as it’s only issues with DAB, as an example I listen to LBC or Talksport they broadcast fine when there’s a signal but where you have the name of the channel and show it won’t scroll across with info however in the Rav it’s fine. 
I don’t really want to replace the OEM unit as the Hybrid system info is great. 

40 minutes ago, bluerav4 said:

Thanks for the reply guys. No there’s no dashcam fitted. So the issue with the DAB is it doesn’t show the program type, when you press the list button only the station playing is showing whereas in the Rav we have we can see all the channels. I also noticed that the phone won’t transfer the contacts over either. The FM stations work fine, all the hybrid is system is fine on checking the software version it says 2014 so I’m assuming it may  just need an update as it’s only issues with DAB, as an example I listen to LBC or Talksport they broadcast fine when there’s a signal but where you have the name of the channel and show it won’t scroll across with info however in the Rav it’s fine. 
I don’t really want to replace the OEM unit as the Hybrid system info is great. 

I must admit, I’ve got the older system because of the city pack and I find it a bit wooden and very dated.  There are much better user friendly systems out there.  

10 hours ago, anchorman said:

I must admit, I’ve got the older system because of the city pack and I find it a bit wooden and very dated.  There are much better user friendly systems out there.  

Thanks Anchorman, would you know if I replaced it with an aftermarket unit would the hybrid system info display work on it? I’m not talking about the Chinese units I was thinking of a Pioneer or Kenwood unit.

Go into the menu and refresh the list

1466956601_TT2DAB1.thumb.JPG.393278fbeec5bbb4ed44e8aa6f34ea4f.JPG

591049263_TT2DAB2.thumb.JPG.1eb71e123515721f2159d667cd364d9a.JPG

96348695_TT2DAB3.thumb.JPG.472c5295ca42d222d46f42f6eaa5de59.JPG

if it comes up as in the first pic - No Signal - go into the hidden service menu - see if you have any codes in failure diagnosis - also look in the 2nd page of function check/settings - DAB

Access to the service menu.

Press and hold the music or car button and turn the sidelights on and off 3 times

• Like 1

Thanks for that flash22, I have tried the refresh list but that’s made no difference I’ll try the service menu tomorrow and reply back, thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links