Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fog lights meant to be cloudy?

eein

Hi all,

Are the fog lamp units meant to be a bit cloudy plastic on their front? Mine are in the picture below, and despite owning the car since new I can't remember if they've always been like this.

PXL_20230319_102717641.thumb.jpg.27b9c0dd1f8ccdc1c8c4a15b8473e614.jpg

Note that the cloudyness appears to be on the inside of the plastic, so this is not the usual wear and tear to the lens outside surface.

• Like 1

Interesting.

Mine are a bit 'foggy', which I perhaps wrongly assumed as normal.

I've managed to work it out - from pictures of a iQ I test drove when they first came out, and picture of ours when bought new.

Clearly they were fully clear.

183589295.thumb.jpg.ae662103931b24b2e415cd2fe0bf8849.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hey Eein, any chance you could paste a link to the replacements you fitted please? I was looking at mine the other day and wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

Mine are cloudy too, found a lot of good looking replacements on Aliexpress, even combined with drl, I might go that way. 

• Like 1

I happened to get these ones:

TOYOTA AYGO IQ FRONT FOG LIGHT LAMP LEFT PASSENGER SIDE N/S 2009 - 2014 NEW | eBay

TOYOTA AYGO IQ FRONT FOG LIGHT LAMP RIGHT DRIVER SIDE O/S 2009 - 2014 NEW | eBay

They seemed like a very common and standard item, so other ones are likely to fit just as well. These one seem glass fronted whereas the originals are plastic. Might give a harder wearing and less likely to go foggy result, but maybe at more risk of getting cracked by a stone.

• Thanks 1

Can i retro fit these to mine....mines never had them....wondered if the wiring is already in the loom as it were....?

I doubt you have the loom, but it's worth a look if not it's simple enough to add them 2 fogs, 2 bulbs and a relay and a bit of wiring

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links