Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MAP sensor location for 2016 Aygo

Bob Sutton

Hello everyone, I am trying to located the MAP sensor, in order to give it a clean, on my 2016 Aygo x-pression with a 1KR-B52 engine.

All the items I have found online to date, have only featured the first generation Aygo, and show the location as being below the throttle-body and attached to the inlet manifold. YouTube videos made it look reasonably simple to remove, clean and refit the MAP sensor.

On my second generation Aygo, I simply cannot see it, unless it’s hiding, buried behind all the various pipes and very close to the fire wall, in which case, I would not be confident to dismantle so much stuff, access it.

However, I have found a sensor which seems to be attached to the inlet manifold, located in a much easier position to access. Question is “is this the MAP sensor”?

The sensor in question, comes into the frame at about ten seconds into the video, and has a very prominent yellow wire (amongst others), coming out of the top of the wiring loom.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Bob Sutton.

What's the issue and do you have any codes

edit. Pop the air box/engine cover off it's just behind the oil filler cap

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

whats the issue and do you have any codes

Hello Bob,

Thanks for coming back so quickly. No issues, no codes, the car is running well, but I saw a video on YouTube and the poster said it was good practice to clean the MAP sensor, when you change your engine air filter. I got the car at 23,000 miles, it's now done 37,000miles and I have never cleaned a MAP sensor before.   

Perhaps, "if it ain't broke don't fix" it is a better philosophy?

Kind regards,

Bob Sutton.

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Yes, don't fix, what ain't broke

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I'll put the tools away.

Kind regards,

Bob Sutton. 

• Like 1

Pop the air box/engine cover off, it's just behind the oil filler cap (18 on)

2014-18 it is on the side of the manifold as per your video - oem shows it as a non-serviceable part, it's only supplied with the manifold

dug up a part number, so you know what it looks like - 89421-52010

• Like 2

18 hours ago, flash22 said:

Pop the air box/engine cover off, it's just behind the oil filler cap (18 on)

2014-18 it is on the side of the manifold as per your video - oem shows it as a non-serviceable part, it's only supplied with the manifold

dug up a part number, so you know what it looks like - 89421-52010

Hello Bob,

Thanks again for the extra information and part number. I have given up on this MAP sensor cleaning idea, as I don't want to mess up something that's working.

I just pray nothing goes wrong with this sensor, as if it's non-serviceable and an integral part of the inlet manifold, not only will the manifold be expensive, it looks to me like an 'engine out' job, which is well beyond my capability and resources.

Kind regards,

Bob Sutton.

Toyota only sells it in one piece, but you can unbolt the sensor and replace it, the manifold can be done in car you just unbolt the scuttle for access

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Toyota only sells it in one piece, but you can unbolt the sensor and replace it, the manifold can be done in car you just unbolt the scuttle for access

Hello Bob,

Thanks for this clarification, that the sensor can be replaced and the tip about removing the scuttle to access the manifold, if required. I think I'll follow your advice and leave it alone until it becomes a problem.

Kind regards,

Bob Sutton.  

Agree leave well alone, our previous shonky Astra needed a new MAP sensor, it kept cutting out when hot at idle, but it threw a code which helped. But that car's mileage was at 90K+ so in the ball park for things to start to go wrong. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Puglet said:

Agree leave well alone, our previous shonky Astra needed a new MAP sensor, it kept cutting out when hot at idle, but it threw a code which helped. But that car's mileage was at 90K+ so in the ball park for things to start to go wrong. 

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your input. I've got it - I won't go there!

Kind regards,

Bob Sutton.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links