Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thoughts on Faults

Bper

I was having a conversation yesterday with a couple of guys about various Toyota models and reliability etc., and also discussed about this forum. One of them asked did I know if any particular model is mentioned on the forum for more overall general faults. Well as I have not been on here longer enough to answer this question.

I think it may be for members who have been on here for many years. They are probably best placed to answer this question. However, while on the subject is there also a model that has had very few issues?

Think it's better for them to narrow down to model, budget and requirements, as all cars have different generations. It'll be too much to list even with good knowledge. 

• Like 1

Hi Mojo,

Yes I see what you are saying but I think what the guy actually meant was has since this forum was started has any particular model thoughout this period of time old or new had more reported faults then others. Which I think the members who have been on here for many years may well have seen crop up time and time again. Perhaps by the number of posts in each section may answer it. 

Not really sure if I worded the question right but I was just trying to give him an answer to his question. I added the bit in about is there any model that has also had very few issues as the flip side of the coin.

I suppose because Toyota has this reputation for reliability that's why these questions pop up. Still I can only try mate.😅

The MMT 'autobox' was a major problem, but if this person wasn't after that generation of auto then it's not that useful of information to give. On the whole Toyota are second to none on reliability. If they ever consider of buying one then come back with their requirements, then it's easier for members here to recommend. Most models have very few problems afaik. 

• Like 1

Such a broad and somewhat academic question, but I'll try to give a brief comment:

Newer models obviously have fewer known problems and conversely older ones have more. Often these problems are more linked to certain components or technologies used across multiple models, i.e. transmissions, engines, sensors, emission controls, anything...

The bottom line is that I don't think there's a single Toyota model that anyone here would say "Whatever you do, don't buy that one". If you went on the number of posts here, all you'd find is that most posts relate to current and recently most popular models. Many 'problems' are about MyToyota app, digital services, Battery draining, tyre choices, fuel consumption, oil usage and so on. These are perhaps often 'faults' but not necessarily terminal or things that mean you should avoid buying a model. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links