Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota & Lexus - no plans to sell directly to consumers

FROSTYBALLS

One of free????  Dear me.

• Japanese firms are one of free manufacturers to rule out selling cars directly to consumers and bypassing dealers
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

How does this work with servicing if the dealers loose the margin on selling cars. Would they not just increase the price of labour and parts.

I understand a few other manufacturers are implementing this idea of direct sales but would like to know how they would offset the revenue loss.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

One of free????  Dear me.

• Japanese firms are one of free manufacturers to rule out selling cars directly to consumers and bypassing dealers

Just looked and he's changed it.  We have the evidence though 🤣

• Haha 3

You should have seen the F1 Saudi race subtitles - I swear they've fired the stenographer and switched to using google voice recognition, it was so hilariously bad :laugh: 

• Haha 3

We were meant to get our new Yaris Friday, but Yusuf our salesman at the Cov branch called about 3pm to say really sorry but it hadn't come back from preparation in time.

So yesyerday evening he brought it round to our house with a full tank of petrol and we did the swap there.

He'd offered to do this anyway if we were unable to get to the dealers.

So why would I want an agency when I can go to the dealers, get a good deal anyway because we've built a relationship, test drive as many different cars as we want, and get it delivered to home?

I don't know what other dealers are like but Yusuf and Martin the sales manager at Cov are sound, not high pressure sales at all.  I know everyone loves you when you're spending but I like dealing with an actual person.

• Like 5

Hi Guy,

Well that's good to hear that your experience with your dealer is positive and you have built up a good relationship with them.

I think that's why selling direct to the public would loose that communication that we need when things need looking at.

I must say that the dealer I purchased my car from are friendly and test drives made easy and no sales pushing.Just let you decide if you like the car.😅

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

We were meant to get our new Yaris Friday, but Yusuf our salesman at the Cov branch called about 3pm to say really sorry but it hadn't come back from preparation in time.

So yesyerday evening he brought it round to our house with a full tank of petrol and we did the swap there.

He'd offered to do this anyway if we were unable to get to the dealers.

So why would I want an agency when I can go to the dealers, get a good deal anyway because we've built a relationship, test drive as many different cars as we want, and get it delivered to home?

I don't know what other dealers are like but Yusuf and Martin the sales manager at Cov are sound, not high pressure sales at all.  I know everyone loves you when you're spending but I like dealing with an actual person.

That is some amazing customer service and more in-line with what I'd hope for!! That deserves some props for sure :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I totally agree. I like to build a relationship with the Dealer, test drive a car, and would prefer not to order direct

A car purchase is too serious to order the way I order pizza. There are limits to what can be reasonably completed online only, and cars are most certainly one of them.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

A car purchase is too serious to order the way I order pizza. There are limits to what can be reasonably completed online only, and cars are most certainly one of them.

I totally agree. Part of the experience is speaking to a human, driving the prospective choice of vehicles, not to mention the haggling. None of this can be done online.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links