Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

exterior cladding

Tommy X

Have a YC Design on order and called into the dealership to remind me what a YC looks like 😉 I noticed on the one in the showroom that the plastic cladding over the wheelarches was coming away from the wings, not sure if they are stuck on using double sided tape but when I eventually take delivery I will be giving it a good coat of looking at. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Bill,

You should of asked them in the dealers if it was just temporary protection covers on the wheelarches. If it was permanent it wouldn't be a good advertisement for Toyota.😅

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Bill,

You should of asked them in the dealers if it was just temporary protection covers on the wheelarches. If it was permanent it wouldn't be a good advertisement for Toyota.😅

Hi Bob, can't imagine it was temporary cladding but like you say not a good advert for Toyota 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These plastics are securely clipped into the fenders and doors. They act as part of the detail not only as add on covers. You can’t remove them and have paintwork exposed and drive like that for example. Here how the body look without them while in production . 

If those your said been odd perhaps someone didn’t do them properly or the car in question had a knock. 

• Like 2

Reassuring to know they are clipped on and not double sided sticky tape 👍 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

These plastics are securely clipped into the fenders and doors. They act as part of the detail not only as add on covers. You can’t remove them and have paintwork exposed and drive like that for example. Here how the body look without them while in production . 

If those your said been odd perhaps someone didn’t do them properly or the car in question had a knock. 

Tony - you can remove them and you need to to fit many accessories because they bridge the bumpers which need to come off.   I warm them this time of the year but anything above 15c I just pull them off.  If the ones in the showroom have a gap it may have had something fitted because they don’t leave the factory like that.  A swift thump with the side of the fist will snap them back tight.

CEE2172B-E0DF-44E4-9774-A1BEE5BC16C6.jpeg

7F404FD9-BD13-4778-8183-F12E72DC5AE8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Christ anchs is there any part of the car you haven't taken apart yet?!

Most people are a bit wary of dismantling their car while it's still 'new' but you're not shy at all are you?? :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cyker said:

***** anchs is there any part of the car you haven't taken apart yet?!

Most people are a bit wary of dismantling their car while it's still 'new' but you're not shy at all are you?? :laugh: 

I'm in the "if it ain't broke don't try and fix it" brigade 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Me too the same brigade but you know there is never a better time to take everything apart when the car is new. I have seen some guys who does a car wraps and to be properly done they have to dismantle panels like that and they said if the car its new they will do it, but if it’s old they leave anything attached and work around with the knife. The reason they said is in older cars plastic trims and clips are brittle and whatever you take apart you need to be prepared to replace it 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links