Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 2.0 D4D Turbo

Oxydentical

Hello
So pretty much overnight or maybe 4 days or week ago I started to notice my turbo kicks in at around 2600 rpm and making whooshing sound. Can it be leaky pipes or vaccum or my turbo litteraly starting to fail? No trouble codes or anything. 1CD-FTV engine if anyone wonders. Burns or drinks around 1l of oil for 10k km. I know that my injector seals are worn and they will be replaced and maintanced in near days with SCV valve but this should not matter for turbo because last week turbo worked fine when it kicked in around 1800rpm and didn't make whooshing sound if it spooled. Also cleaned EGR today but it was quite clean for its milage. All oil changes and maintences are done regularly with fuel filter changes every 10-12k km intervals.

2 hours ago, Oxydentical said:

Hello
So pretty much overnight or maybe 4 days or week ago I started to notice my turbo kicks in at around 2600 rpm and making whooshing sound. Can it be leaky pipes or vaccum or my turbo litteraly starting to fail? No trouble codes or anything. 1CD-FTV engine if anyone wonders. Burns or drinks around 1l of oil for 10k km. I know that my injector seals are worn and they will be replaced and maintanced in near days with SCV valve but this should not matter for turbo because last week turbo worked fine when it kicked in around 1800rpm and didn't make whooshing sound if it spooled. Also cleaned EGR today but it was quite clean for its milage. All oil changes and maintences are done regularly with fuel filter changes every 10-12k km intervals.

Leaking injector seals cause combustion blow by which in turn contaminates the Engie oil with soot/dirt clogging up the oil strainer in the sump and leading to Turbo oil starvation first and then low oil pressure damaging the bottom end

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links