Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New MyT App Launched March 2023

IT Troll

The new MyT app has been mentioned in passing in an couple of threads but I thought it warranted it's own own dedicated thread. The new app was released on 2/3/2023 and is called TOYOTA MyT rather than MyT by Toyota. The new app is in the pilot phase and so is currently only available to Aygo X, Yaris and Yaris Cross models equipped with the newer Smart Connect infotainment system. It will be rolled out to other models in the future. The old app will be discontinued at some point.

• Owners will receive a notification and email inviting them to install the new app. However, you can install without this if your car is supported.
  • You login to the new app with your existing account. You will need to reverify by SMS/email.
  • You will also need to link the new app with your car using a QR code. I found that logging out and logging back in Smart Connect wasn't enough to generate the required QR code. I went into my profile in Smart Connect and selected to unlink my phone/key which did then allow the linking process to happen.
  • Existing trips and service history are migrated over to the new app.
  • Once you start using the new app with your car it is not possible to go back to using the old app (according to the Toyota FAQ).

So far I've not spotted any new features, just some cosmetic differences. You can now customise the layout of the home screen. Interestingly, it is a lot more upfront about the fact that online services are only free for a limited period. In the old app this information was really buried in the T&Cs.

NewMyT.thumb.PNG.9f3cdc346f1c03bfe4ee2cfff38d6db0.PNG

Toyota UK News Story
https://www.toyota.co.uk/discover-toyota/stories-news-events/new-toyota-myt-app

Apple App Store
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/toyota-myt/id1617623127

Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toyota.oneapp.eu&hl=en_GB

New Setup Guide
https://www.toyota.co.uk/content/dam/toyota/nmsc/united-kingdom/discover-toyota/stories-news-and-events/New-Toyota-MyT-App/Toyota-MyT-New-user-Guide.pdf

• Thanks 2

As reported elsewhere, I’ve set this up (Yaris Excel) but I don’t see “view status” nor remote connect options as per the example (Yaris X) in the linked setup guide…

Also, I haven’t deleted the old App yet and, so far, it appears to still be working.

The setup guide for the new app actually features the Aygo X. Do you have all services ticked and accepted in the app?

Sorry…thought it looked like the Yaris X.

Yes, all are ticked and active with correct expiry dates.

It is possible to hide cards. If this is has been done, there will be an option at the bottom of the home page to show hidden cards. Other than that, I am out of ideas.

• Like 1

I also notice it’s identified the car as a “ ‘20” model.

Presumably “2020” when it’s actually a 2023.

I had a problem yesterday, today it installed without fuss from the Guest Account.  Everything then copied across.

It is different.  My Garage has the fuel estimate in miles and as a gauge,  the rest of the information is in the form of card that you can scroll to see and to reorder as you wish.

The top Card is Remote Control and appears fixed.  The remaining Cards can be moved or hidden.  There is a trick but not hard to find 🙂

Flashing Hazard Lights joins Conditioning and Lock/Unlock commands on one card.  Under notification I had a warning.  This told me one or more doors were unlocked.  I locked them and receive notification.  Climate control is ow only for 10 minutes; you can switch it Off as well as On.

Hybrid Coaching gives an overview option as before but only for the current month as far as I could determine.  The summary is shown in both textual and the original graphic format.

Individual trips are listed in a card format with the journey map and  all the data in one block, previous trips are shown below.  Much easier to browse.  All 4 trips today are already shown.  The previous trips (Monday) with the old MyT still have one missing.

Next I have Find My Car.  Double tapping opens the small tile to full screen.

Below this I have in sequence Service and Maintenance, Warning Lights and My Destinations.  This is the sequence I have picked .  

• Like 2

In addition to the warning a door unlocked, when I clicked View Status in My Garage, it showed the status and each door, window and bonnet.

40 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

I also notice it’s identified the car as a “ ‘20” model.

Yep, my 2022 shows as 2021. Perhaps because this model was first available in 2021?

• Like 1

Mine’s also identified wrong says 2020 when it’s a 22. 
Remote climate works. 
Remote unlock doesn’t work but lock does.
The send to car route planner has been removed and there’s a panel showing any warning lights that wasn’t there before. 

It records Model Year.  My YC, Sep 22 is MY21. 

• Thanks 1

The old MyT allowed you to scroll back through previous trips, I recently checked back to Jan 1st. 

Toyota MyT only goes back one month, 27th Feb today. 

That could be an important omission. 

• Thanks 1

I think it looks nice, and hopefully it will be more reliable and better able to capture all journeys. However it's currently missing some functionality. For example the map showing a past journey has icons for areas of good and bad driving but it doesn't seem possible to zoom in to find where it happened and read what was good or bad about it.

• Like 1

Mark, good spot.  The icons are different too, green good, red bad.  One appears to be a brake disc and shoe, the other a speedometer. 

As you say no zoom and no detail. 

• Like 1

Thinking on about the trip record only covering the preceding 30 days, it could well be an executive decision as they previous system as more and more cars are connected so the storage requirement will become tremendous.  It would also impact on the server load as anyone looking at their trips would automatically have their entire trip history available even if they only looked at the last few.

As some people may well need to access previous months data they may need to enable some trip history recovery.

23 hours ago, Graham47 said:

As reported elsewhere, I’ve set this up (Yaris Excel) but I don’t see “view status” nor remote connect options as per the example (Yaris X) in the linked setup guide…

Also, I haven’t deleted the old App yet and, so far, it appears to still be working.

I have got exactly the same problem. All my services are active with correct expiry dates. My car is identifying as MY21 when it is a MY23.

First update to the new app out today with “minor improvements and bug fixes”.

• Thanks 1

That could explain the problems last night. I had 3 different pop up screens.  One, in red, said there were server issues.  Then it worked.  I got 2 more screens after starting the App a couple of times.  Then it worked.  Yesterday late afternoon trip didn't appear until this morning. 

Don’t know if it’s a coincidence but after installing the new app on Saturday, on the way home yesterday the whole smart connect system crashed with none response buttons and no radio or sat nav. The only way to get it back was to turn the car off and back on again. This has happened before but not for quite a while. 

Ralph, I suspect you had a computer crash rather than anything to do with the App.  Had it a couple of times with a previous car.  Similar reset, switch off, lock car, wait a number of seconds, switch on and it all worked.  Rather than get out of the car I sat perfectly still to avoid setting off the alarm 🙂

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Ralph, I suspect you had a computer crash rather than anything to do with the App.  Had it a couple of times with a previous car.  Similar reset, switch off, lock car, wait a number of seconds, switch on and it all worked.  Rather than get out of the car I sat perfectly still to avoid setting off the alarm 🙂

You could be right because at the same time as it was starting up the system I was trying to adjust the clock to bst  it probably gave up trying to do two things at once 🙄

14 hours ago, IT Troll said:

First update to the new app out today with “minor improvements and bug fixes”.

How did you find this out?  I went to Play Store, cant see any version within the App.

One change, apart from losing Hybrid Coaching, is when you go to change card positions.  Before the update, having pressed the ... the card would be cocked and you could move it.  Now it is just movable without being cocked to one side.

10 hours ago, Roy124 said:

How did you find this out?  I went to Play Store, cant see any version within the App.

Ah, you are using the wrong app store. 😉

IMG_2948.thumb.jpg.db5cb00fbed266b22df133b88de5526a.jpg

IT, thank you but wrong question answered.  The previous App showed the App version.  I have not found the version in the App.  In Play Store under App Info I can find the version and update date.

In the previous App I think it showed the version there.  As I have Auto Update selected it is less important except to confirm that an update has occurred.

• Haha 1