Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New MyT App Launched March 2023

IT Troll

Magical mystery tour in the new MyT App.

Select Account.  Select Legal Information. Select Privacy Policy.  Select More Details.

Before you do the last, think what could they possibly tell you that has NOTHING to do with Privacy. 🙂

If you have the new MyT, please check your service section.  When is your next service due.  Mine shows 20,000 miles or 12 months

Is your's correct? 

Yes, mine shows 10,000 miles.

Also, following the recent update of the App, mine is now fully working, showing the ‘status’ card with locks windows etc. fully populated.  

• Thanks 1

Mine is also correct at 10000 miles 

I also had to delete the old app because it was conflicting with the new one as I wasn’t getting any alerts from either of them when doors were open etc. 

• Thanks 1

It won’t work with the 8 inch screen. 

Correct, not yet anyway. It will be rolled out for Touch 2 later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it is linked to the new app or not, but I can't book a service, either through the app or website. I just get an endless spinning circle. I've put a support case in with the plan administrators and Toyota online services.

IT, OK here and after my report the service is shown correctly for 10,000 miles. 

• Thanks 1

Hmm, just me then. It shows 10,000 and my history loads OK, but book a service fails to load. Hopefully, Toyota or EMaC will get back to me.

Just back from a trip.  Logged in to MyT and no car shown.  It offered Add Vehicle. 

Before downing my tea and rushing out into the cold dark night (15 deg and blue skies) I rebooted the phone. 

'lo, the car appeared. 

On 3/25/2023 at 3:21 PM, IT Troll said:

The new app was released on 2/3/2023 and is called TOYOTA MyT rather than MyT by Toyota. The new app is in the pilot phase and so is currently only available to Aygo X, Yaris and Yaris Cross models equipped with the newer Smart Connect infotainment system.

My new Yaris Cross delivered last Tuesday will not work with the new app as the car's VIN is not accepted.  The old app for the previous Toyota C-HR does work.

It has the new Smart Connect central dashboard console, which also can't be fully used as the paper book manual does not include it, nor the manuals downloaded from the Toyota website as informed on the book's inside front cover.

Can't get the GPS clock to display the correct time as it's got pm in place of am, so 12 time zones wrong!

12 hours ago, Landyman130 said:

It has the new Smart Connect central dashboard console, which also can't be fully used as the paper book manual does not include it, nor the manuals downloaded from the Toyota website as informed on the book's inside front cover.

The infotainment manuals can be downloaded from Toyota; https://www.toyota.co.uk/customer/manuals#/

Yaris Cross Multimedia English (OMYPT61.E) - is for the new Smart Connect system

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Landyman130 said:

My new Yaris Cross delivered last Tuesday will not work with the new app as the car's VIN is not accepted.  The old app for the previous Toyota C-HR does work.

Correct, Toyota MyT does not accept VIN by design.  You are to read the QR Code which will then recognise the Car.  IIRC that little snippet is below the App window and you need to scroll down to see it.

Just a note about the "improvements" you get with the new App.  Data Analytics are displayed only for the last 30 days.  The display of analytics month by month has gone.  The option to mark trips as Business or Personal has been dropped.

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Correct, Toyota MyT does not accept VIN by design.  You are to read the QR Code which will then recognise the Car.  IIRC that little snippet is below the App window and you need to scroll down to see it.

OK, thanks.  I will try that tomorrow in daylight.

10 hours ago, IT Troll said:

The infotainment manuals can be downloaded from Toyota; https://www.toyota.co.uk/customer/manuals#/

Yaris Cross Multimedia English (OMYPT61.E) - is for the new Smart Connect system

Thanks.  I had discovered that manual, but on page 3, it refers back to:-

"*: refer to vehicle owner’s manual for
instruction on how to adjust the clock"

Thus completing a circle.

23 hours ago, Landyman130 said:

Can't get the GPS clock to display the correct time as it's got pm in place of am, so 12 time zones wrong!

687637439_HomePage.thumb.jpg.acaf4c33b2ae6fc9f621aa78e4342e94.jpg

It's difficult to see, but the displayed time is "5:02 am", when BBC Radio 4 is broardcasting "Afternoon News".

Thanks for all the help.

Is this because you cannot adjust time via the head unit but need to go into settings in the central display ….hence the reference to …

"*: refer to vehicle owner’s manual for
instruction on how to adjust the clock"….

I suggest looking in settings on the head unit and seeing if “time adjustment “ is available there..

• Like 1

Graham is correct.  Use the left hand side buttons.  Scroll right until you get settings.  Clock is the first but that only resets minutes on the centre display.  Other setting will allow 12/24 setting.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:25 PM, Landyman130 said:

Try scanning the QR code next to the VIN at the base of the windscreen.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Simone80 said:

is C-HR 2022/2023 supported ?

Not yet.

• Like 1

I worked out my service booking issue (haven't heard back from Toyota online services). Turns out the Book A Service Online page doesn't load on any platform/browser unless you have Advertising Cookies enabled on the Toyota site.

The new app just loads the page and so is similarly affected.

What plonkers.

23 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Is this because you cannot adjust time via the head unit but need to go into settings in the central display ….hence the reference to …

"*: refer to vehicle owner’s manual for
instruction on how to adjust the clock"….

I suggest looking in settings on the head unit and seeing if “time adjustment “ is available there..

What is a head unit?  Sounds like a box that is connected to the central display, containing the receiver for GPS signals.

I have looked at all settings in the central display, but none for GPS settings, such as 12/24 hour, time or timezone.

I found one for Wi-Fi settings, which displays my home 5G Mi-Fi and others while parked outsite of my home.  In a PDF I read:-

"Wi-Fi® can be use d to connect the system to a wireless network. If connected, all features requiring connectivity will use Wi-Fi® instead of built-in mobile network connectivity."

This suggests that the vehicle has a SIM card to connect to the internet.  Is this correct?

7 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Graham is correct.  Use the left hand side buttons.  Scroll right until you get settings.  Clock is the first but that only resets minutes on the centre display.  Other setting will allow 12/24 setting.

None of my four side buttons are left or right.  Top - on/off, middle two - volume and bottom Apple Car Play.

6 hours ago, Trewithy said:

Try scanning the QR code next to the VIN at the base of the windscreen.

Both typing in and scanning the QR code result in downloading the old app, which is still on my phone.  This displays fuel at 100%, mileage of 13 miles and a map of the last trip.  Tells me the car is locked but although services are activated, none are available.

It would suggest to me that Toyota's database holds incorrect details about my car.

1 hour ago, Landyman130 said:

What is a head unit?

Not great terminology. There is the infotainment system which is the touch screen entertainment and navigation. Then there is the multi-information screen (instrument cluster). The two systems interact with each other but have separate settings. A lot of the system settings for the car are in the latter.

This suggests that the vehicle has a SIM card to connect to the internet.  Is this correct?

Yep. It will use this for emergency calls and mobile broadband when not using Wi-Fi. This is free to use for the first few years but then online services do eventually require a subscription.

None of my four side buttons are left or right.

The settings are configured from the steering wheel controls.

To link your car to the new app you need to scan the QR code displayed on the infotainment screen (see my first post). It may be best to remove the old app first.

You do have a degree in automotive computing? 🤪

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Not great terminology. There is the infotainment system which is the touch screen entertainment and navigation. Then there is the multi-information screen (instrument cluster). The two systems interact with each other but have separate settings. A lot of the system settings for the car are in the latter.

The settings are configured from the steering wheel controls.

To link your car to the new app you need to scan the QR code displayed on the infotainment screen (see my first post). It may be best to remove the old app first.

Many thanks for your help IT Troll.  As you write - not great terminology.  Probably a result of different departments designing each sub-section of the dashboard.  Now been able to get the clock showing the correct time in 24 hour format.  I've owned a few vehicles with a built-in GPS navigation sysyem and this is the first that uses a manually set clock!

I've looked everywhere on the infotainment screen, but can't find the QR code.  Never mind, had an email from the local dealer, so will get them to sort it out.

As a professional programmer in the 1980s and 90s I also wrote the manuals, but like so many things these days the standards have fallen.  Fortunatly it's a good motor!

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links