Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New MyT App Launched March 2023

IT Troll

1 hour ago, Landyman130 said:

I've looked everywhere on the infotainment screen, but can't find the QR code.

As I said in my first post, going into your profile, choosing to unlink your phone/key, then choosing connect again should cause the QR code to appear. This re-establishes the pairing using the new app.

A little advice please.

I've migrated to the new App but dont appear to have the hybrid coaching option available.  All I have is the fuel/mileage, which is blank(!), remote control options, find my car and service and maintenance cards.  Can't find how to add missing cards.

Any guidance would be appreciated,

24 minutes ago, Mrs Scoobington said:

A little advice please.

I've migrated to the new App but dont appear to have the hybrid coaching option available.  All I have is the fuel/mileage, which is blank(!), remote control options, find my car and service and maintenance cards.  Can't find how to add missing cards.

Any guidance would be appreciated,

Scrap that.....it's now updated fully.  Had to close down and delete the MyT app first before all the data migrated!!

Doh!!! 🤪

On 4/20/2023 at 10:36 PM, IT Troll said:

As I said in my first post, going into your profile, choosing to unlink your phone/key, then choosing connect again should cause the QR code to appear. This re-establishes the pairing using the new app.

This sugests that I can only use the Toyota MyT app with a linked phone.  My linked phone is PAYG and I don't have any apps on it that use the internet.  This is the only phone that we receive calls on.

This looks like the new app is a backword step!

I use another phone for all internet using apps, including the Toyota MyT app and all out going calls.

Looks like I'll need to get a new SIM with data and transfer my prime phone number to this new SIM.

Alan, you do need the App on your phone but you do not need a data plan.  You can install the App using WiFi.  If your car and phone are In WiFi coverage you can link it. 

When away from home you can use WiFi for some functions. If you need to find your car or switch on conditioning outside Wi-Fi range then you would need data. 

The link I was referring to is between the car and the phone. This pairing operation is the same as would have been done when first setting up the old app. When first logging into the new app you do have to verify your identity by either SMS or email. Again, the same check was done with the old app.

So as Roy said, it can all be done with a phone connected only to Wi-Fi. However, you would possibly see better benefits from the connected services if your phone with the app had a mobile broadband data plan. Things like find my car, remote lock, remote climate control and status notifications, would still work when you are out and about and don’t have a Wi-Fi connection.

Ever had the situation where you walk about a block away and then begin to question if you locked the car? With the app you can double check and if necessary lock the car. With notifications enabled the app will actually warn you that the car is unlocked if left like that for a few minutes. If your phone doesn’t have an active Wi-Fi connection or mobile data plan this wouldn’t work.

On 4/3/2023 at 9:46 PM, IT Troll said:

Correct, not yet anyway. It will be rolled out for Touch 2 later.

Stupid question probably but, does that mean that it isn’t for use with a YarisX with city pack? Yet.

Seems like there’s no benefit (and in fact the opposite, seeing as you can’t see journeys history going back older than a month) in upgrading to the new app so I think I’ll stick with then old one.

Eventually, you’ll be told to start using the ‘new’ app and the ‘old’ app will stop working.

That’s what happened to me about a week ago.

3 hours ago, pip57 said:

Stupid question probably but, does that mean that it isn’t for use with a YarisX with city pack? Yet.

Correct.

1 hour ago, Nakamotoyo said:

Seems like there’s no benefit (and in fact the opposite, seeing as you can’t see journeys history going back older than a month) in upgrading to the new app so I think I’ll stick with then old one.

There's not much. Slight tweaks to the presentation and the ability to customise the home screen a little. I guess their priority at this stage is to replicate the existing app. Going forward, all development will be focused on the new app.

4 hours ago, IT Troll said:

With notifications enabled the app will actually warn you that the car is unlocked if left like that for a few minutes

I was actually sitting in the car, power off, when I got the unlocked message 😊

49 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I was actually sitting in the car, power off, when I got the unlocked message 😊

Did you open and close the driver door? That would make the system think you had left.

2 hours ago, Nakamotoyo said:

Since 1996, I've been keeping GPS tracks of most of my trips and can display them on a number of programs on my laptops.  I have seen a single trip in the app, but when one has access to ones trips elsewhere, one can link all the segments of a trip into one track.  I get the impression that the app can only display one part of a trip.  i.e. stopping for petrol and it starts a new trip.  But until I can get the new app fully working, I don't know what is possible.

Thanks for that advice Roy.

19 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Alan, you do need the App on your phone but you do not need a data plan.  You can install the App using WiFi.  If your car and phone are In WiFi coverage you can link it. 

When away from home you can use WiFi for some functions. If you need to find your car or switch on conditioning outside Wi-Fi range then you would need data. 

I would like to be able to use all features to get the best experience from our new car, so have ordered an iD one month rolling contract SIM.  Only £7 a month for 20GB.  So thanks again for that advice.  I'll port the old phone number to the new SIM when it arrives.

>  Ever had the situation where you walk about a block away and then begin to question if you locked the car?

Many times.  Last night after removing the Battery charger and before locking the house door, I had to go outside again to see if the mirrors were folded !!!

49 minutes ago, Landyman130 said:

I would like to be able to use all features to get the best experience from our new car, so have ordered an iD one month rolling contract SIM.  Only £7 a month for 20GB.

I followed a recommendation in Money Saving Expert for Lycaa Mobile.  It uses the O2 carrier and has EU Roaming.  The offer was 5 pence per month for 6 months then £4.50 per month.  Voice and text unlimited as 3Gb+1Gb data.  

Using Android Auto and driving 1,000 miles per month I am using about 1Gb of data. 

I've recently found both my cars disappeared from "Owned" tab. Managed to reinstall the CHR, but our 2017 Yaris multimedia system states its being used in another vehicle. 

It was all Ok before these app changes/updates!

Those models/years won't be using the new app yet.

I guess there is a chance preparatory work might have affected things. I would expect other models with the Smart Connect system will be the next to be added. Older models with the Touch 2 system will probably be the last to be added.

6 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Those models/years won't be using the new app yet.

I guess there is a chance preparatory work might have affected things. I would expect other models with the Smart Connect system will be the next to be added. Older models with the Touch 2 system will probably be the last to be added.

I also have 3 year map updates paid for; option to download map is not visible now. Luckily, I did install latest version a few weeks ago and saved to my PC.

I know MyT is not much use on pre 20 plate cars, but it was handy for the odd "send to car" function.

15 minutes ago, Starensis said:

know MyT is not much use on pre 20 plate cars, but it was handy for the odd "send to car" function.

Which was not available for MY 21 Yaris Cross with Smart Connect, then was, and now isn't with the new App. 

Still no hardship as I now use Android Auto for preference. 

I've just sorted mine out. 

Somehow, my Multimedia ID was aligned to incorrect vehicle within owned cars. Had to delete both cars, re-register, then enter MM ID's again for both.

Back to where it was.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have just taken delivery of a Yaris Cross Excel with City Pack and been told that I must use the MyT by Toyota (old version) as the TOYOTA MyT (new version) will not work with it.  Anyone managed to use the new version with the same build of vehicle?

Also in the old version has anyone successfully invited someone else to login on a phone APP or had to share their own login to the other persons phone so that they get the same features etc?

All help appreciated.

I believe it is still the case that only the newer Smart Connect system is supported on the new app (yours has the Touch 2 system).

Only one person/phone (the registered keeper) can access the online services. Seems overly restrictive to me given that you get two keys.

• 6 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 11:10 AM, Roy124 said:

Thinking on about the trip record only covering the preceding 30 days, it could well be an executive decision as they previous system as more and more cars are connected so the storage requirement will become tremendous.  It would also impact on the server load as anyone looking at their trips would automatically have their entire trip history available even if they only looked at the last few.

As some people may well need to access previous months data they may need to enable some trip history recovery.

Being able to access previous trip data was useful. I had tagged "business" trips in the older version and it made it easier to find them.

44 minutes ago, srt said:

Being able to access previous trip data was useful. I had tagged "business" trips in the older version and it made it easier to find them.

Suggest to Toyota that trip history over 30 days be accessible from the Web.

Topic moved to Toyota MyT/Toyota apps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links