Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Pure - smartphone & MyT

Jostan

1 hour ago, Wiz201 said:

I think haelewyn means that other specs like the Pure and the Edge for example in the UK don't have the remote start feature because they're not keyless entry.

1 hour ago, haelewyn said:

That was kind of what I was saying. Indeed, what Wiz said.

Here , we only have the remote heating on one spec, only on the highest level.
The others, like my EDGE f.e. have a lot of things but a few things are kept for the 'top spec'.
We used to get a 'limited' version in the beginning that had it .. and had some other color patterns too.

No use searching for it on any lower levels of spec (here) than the highest one.
If it's not covered in the app, your car ain't got it.

Thank you both... let me rephrase... why can I not access it (remote start) on the Exclusive model that I have when it seems that it is part of the spec for the Exclusive model? The only apparent "difference" between 152bobby's UK based model is that my Aygo X is manual transmission.

I don't know, maybe a dealer can answer your query?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2023 at 9:51 AM, aygowhereugo said:

Thank you both... let me rephrase... why can I not access it (remote start) on the Exclusive model that I have when it seems that it is part of the spec for the Exclusive model? The only apparent "difference" between 152bobby's UK based model is that my Aygo X is manual transmission.

I emailed Toyota Customer Service (some time around the last post) and forgot about it. Yesterday they finally responded...

Thank you for your email.
I am so sorry it has taken me so long to come back to you with an answer as to why the Remote Climate Control is not available on your particular car.
I have now realised that you have a manual car, rather than the automatic, which is why the remote services cannot be used.
It would not be safe for a user to start the car from inside the house, with the potential that the car had been left in gear.
Therefore the system is only available on the automatic cars. 

So, in case anyone else ends up wondering...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links