Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2021 1.8 Hybrid GR Sport - 2 questions

rado77

4 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

And I now have a new drop link as well as shock absorber / strut (the mechanic broke the drop link when removing it, so had to order another). So with the stabiliser bar TSB, shock absorber & drop link guess what? STILL DOING IT 😩

what is left to be noisy? Can surely only be the strut top mount / bearing? Squeaky rattle over pronounced bumps in the road. Slight knock as well 

Drive slow and stop sharply to make the front end deep down and if the squeaky noise comes up your next step is wd-40 silicone spray and give it a few pumps both side suspension arm rear bushes,  red arrows in the picture. You can spray some silicone spray even if the test does not show the noise and see what happens. 
They are most common source of Toyota squeaky suspension noises. 
image.thumb.jpeg.5281cc6585eb63134a969bd99756cf95.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good to know Tony ;-) I'll keep this info in my mind

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Drive slow and stop sharply to make the front end deep down and if the squeaky noise comes up your next step is wd-40 silicone spray and give it a few pumps both side suspension arm rear bushes,  red arrows in the picture. You can spray some silicone spray even if the test does not show the noise and see what happens. 

Thanks Tony - will try it this week & report back

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 8:06 PM, TonyHSD said:

Tried this today to no avail. Booked in for 4th dealer visit on 16th June. Running out of options now with most things having been replaced

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

Tried this today to no avail. Booked in for 4th dealer visit on 16th June. Running out of options now with most things having been replaced

Thanks for the update. Hopefully you will find out soon and get it sorted. Meanwhile you can check same problem and solutions in American Prius gen 4 forums as these cars has similar or same suspension and likely to have similar issues and ways of fixing them published. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Thanks for the update. Hopefully you will find out soon and get it sorted. Meanwhile you can check same problem and solutions in American Prius gen 4 forums as these cars has similar or same suspension and likely to have similar issues and ways of fixing them published. 👍

Thanks Tony. Do you have a link to the forums?

EDIT: found Prius chat - lots to read on there! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/27/2023 at 8:27 PM, TonyHSD said:

Well today was the day that my noisy suspension is finally sorted 🙌

after at least 5 visits to the dealer (who were helpful, patient & determined) we got to the bottom of it. The following parts were replaced in order:

visit 1: diagnostics 

Visit 2: Anti roll bar bush (TSB)

visit 3: shock absorber (and drop link, as it broke) 

visit 4: further diagnostics and investigation 

visit 5: lower arm, then subframe and FINALLY - the strut top mount (the actual cause of the noise). 

I dread to think of the warranty parts  & labour bill - inc alignment after subframe replacement. Safe to say both myself and dealership were relieved to fix it. 

I did tell them early on that it was probably the top mount, but never mind. . .brand new suspension in that corner isn’t a bad thing. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hi all and especially Rado77 and Gray86,

I too have a knocking sound when driving over/down speedbumps (metllic or hard plastic like ticking souns). I already went twice to the dealership in an attempt to solve this issue under warrenty, they said they changed the 2 front stabilizer bar bushings, however noise is still here....I have seen the TSB in this topic (CP-00498T-TME) what will/must be replaced specifically herunder (only busching - or brackets and bolts al well?) It will go back to the dealership in the co ing weeks as the mechanic says new front shock absorbers will solve the issue.....

Thanks for the replies in advance:)!

Cheers,

Bob

2 hours ago, Bobzom said:

Hi all and especially Rado77 and Gray86,

I too have a knocking sound when driving over/down speedbumps (metllic or hard plastic like ticking souns). I already went twice to the dealership in an attempt to solve this issue under warrenty, they said they changed the 2 front stabilizer bar bushings, however noise is still here....I have seen the TSB in this topic (CP-00498T-TME) what will/must be replaced specifically herunder (only busching - or brackets and bolts al well?) It will go back to the dealership in the co ing weeks as the mechanic says new front shock absorbers will solve the issue.....

Thanks for the replies in advance:)!

Cheers,

Bob

Reading previous posts it seems like top mounts has sorted the issue.
I have sometimes slightly rattling noises from front going over road cracks but never bothered to change parts because not always present plus when car gets checked all seems rock solid. I know my reason for these noises , the squeaking noises goes away as I mentioned in previous posts, the rattling ones are from different parts but they never went worse to warrant any replacement. 👍

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply,

I was wondering what the TSB repair entails, just the bushings or bushings and brackets and bolts too?

Cheers,

Bob

I’m not often on here these days after selling my Corolla, but my top mount rattled on every bump on that side 

Thanks for the reply, 

My corolla does not rattle all the time, only intermittent clunck/sharp noise when suspension bottoms out so it seems...will go to dealer for now struts....next week..will see if that helps.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links