Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UK IQ Double din conversion.

Comfy

Purely out of sheer damn luck i scored a 2nd hand one of these...

https://www.joyingauto.eu/joying-android-10-0-head-unit-7-inch-toyota-car-radio-replacement-with-bluetooth-5-1.html

Which is the one thats recommended for my car...its come from a GT86 so my question is, is does anyone have a picture of the iso connector inside the dash? save me pulling mine apart first...

Cheers

On 5/15/2023 at 2:43 PM, flash22 said:

The 20 pin https://www.joyingauto.eu/joying-toyota-universal-harness-android-head-unit-wiring-cable.html

YMMV these Chinese unit are hit and miss and require some wiring and setup to get them to work

the IQ uses the toyota 10+6 and 20 pin

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

492733917_20pinrevcamtns510.thumb.jpg.3c9ef26ea8efbedbafdc62233c296fd3.jpg

Thanks very much - the lad that ive bought it from said it was a straight plug and play in his gt86.

11 hours ago, Comfy said:

Thanks very much - the lad that ive bought it from said it was a straight plug and play in his gt86.

More than likely has the universal Toyota harness then, iirc the 86 has the touch2 as oem fitment and that uses the 24 and 28 pin

Can you explain "the touch2 as oem fitment and that uses the 24 and 28 pin" - i did see it on the pics...he only put a few up so i couldnt see much hence the questions....its still not arrived yet so im a bit limited...

ah ok the 86 uses the new wiring standard to the IQ

its the same basic 10+6 but uses a 28 pin connector instead of the 20 pin connector

Its just turned up at the office so ill take some pics later on...

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy with other stuff so not been around recently - im a biker so was at the TT on the IOM for a week watching the racing....got everything now to do the converstion just a case of a. getting the time to do it and b. doing it while the wife is at work as shes got no idea im gonna do it and will probably give me a ******** for doing it in the first place...so more a case of "when do i want to get told off" type thing!

Made a start.....Joying is fitted.....the only problem i can see (all of it looks pretty well straightforward) is the steering wheel controls......cant make head nor toe of it.....i cant see atall where any of it goes....ive got the one recommended the Connect 2 STK421 None of the cables on the left connect to anywhere in the car....The Joying is fitted and running....and the cables on the right...no idea either!

20230618_101937.jpg

The adapter is not needed with these Chinese units as It's either programmed or you teach it, you were going for a pioneer unit

ps. is that an old 2 button mouse with a ball (reminds me of the old Olivetti ones)

Ok - so just to add to this looking at a You Tube video - its something to do with "key1 and Key2 and ground" - there are a couple of plugs on the back of the joying which i think have something to do with it but no idea of what connects to what...

Heh - its an old sony mouse with the memory stick plug at the back...ancient but its ok for garage use!!

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The adapter is not needed with these Chinese units as It's either programmed or you teach it, you were going for a pioneer unit

ps. is that an old 2 button mouse with a ball (reminds me of the old Olivetti ones)

OOh Brilliant....that ok - i know i was going to go with the pioneer. But, the Joying pipped it as i got the exact second hand unit that joying recommended for 200 quid....everything was there....so i can program it from the head unit??

Ah, the old Vaio mouse

if it's wired up yes, there are so many variations to the knock off android, It's hard to remember where it is in the menu

Its ok - just found it. All working. The nice thing is now i can configure the steering wheel controls for other stuff!

Very impressed so far!

So - now im all fitted and working ive got a few bits for sale if anyone wants them....ill put up pics later on... i wasnt really sure what i needed but wanted to have everything in front of me for any eventuality....

1. Pure Highway 600 - removed that - in full working order. 30quid

2. Bezel for the Pioneer/non Android systems. (I thought they all needed it) 20 quid

3. CanBus thingy also for the Pioneer (didnt need it as i fitted an android system) - thought all systems needed it!. 20 quid

And we're done.....found a nice dab app which downloads all the channel logos and whatnot...20230618_161551.thumb.jpg.a290dfec166dcb55e634a142fdac9ee1.jpg

Really pleased with it....highly recommended.

5 hours ago, Comfy said:

So - now im all fitted and working ive got a few bits for sale if anyone wants them....ill put up pics later on... i wasnt really sure what i needed but wanted to have everything in front of me for any eventuality....

1. Pure Highway 600 - removed that - in full working order. 30quid

2. Bezel for the Pioneer/non Android systems. (I thought they all needed it) 20 quid

3. CanBus thingy also for the Pioneer (didnt need it as i fitted an android system) - thought all systems needed it!. 20 quid

Highway 600 is sold.

So, to anyone - ive never done anything like this before but it was reasonably simple - the hardest part being runnng the cables round the car...obviously if youre gonna go the pioneer route - youll need that extra control box which i didnt need!!

A question - anyone got a good placement area for a DAB aerial - mines in the passenger side above the drivers head (slipped in the roof lining) - i know its in the roof but i cant think of anywhere else!

You didn't need the double din adapter as the units are Toyota sized

dab aerial mounted to the glass at the top of the screen is the usual place

Yep- i did go looking....gonna re-position it on the weekend. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi, just want to say thanks for this thread and listing the parts with their numbers. I ordered most from Japan (~£260 - which includes import tax), the exception being the airbag module/ lamp (part no. 83950-74080), which I'm still trying to source. As for the unit/ stereo, I intend to install an ATOTO A6 Android unit, which seems to be well-reviewed and good value. Thanks again.

I should add, that £260 price was for NEW parts. I found the airbag/passenger light module today and ordered for <£70 (will wait to see if import tax is added). So, currently, all in for the parts (based on the parts list shared by others above) that's £330.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links