Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cloth trim

excitroen

Irecently bought a yaris design and the cloth trim was slightly faded 0n the drivers door when purchased but now it appears me or my wife have scratched it in the same place and already it looks like i will have to get a new door liner soon. My first toyota  and i have never seen anything as flimsy as this fabric.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Could you share a photo?

• Like 1

I believe someone else also mentioned exactly the same he had noticed on his Yaris. 👍

Suggest going to a local car wash and having the inside cleaned first. I thought mine was scratched too but it dissappeared after the guys there worked their magic

• Like 3

this is a picture  the first picture is from the rear door

20230329_162555.jpg

20230329_162530.jpg

20230329_162522.jpg

20230329_162419.jpg

25 minutes ago, excitroen said:

this is a picture  the first picture is from the rear door

Hmm... I see your point. It just looks like a not very durable material. I know Toyota (and other manufacturers) has struggled to find a balance between materials that are durable while at the same time being recyclable and not too expensive. 

Have you tried cleaning it? Also worth raising with Toyota customer service. More as a matter of principle than anything else.

• Like 3

Clean it with some autoglym interior shampoo

looks like hand gunk to me, giving its location

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hard to avoid, given the location.

16 hours ago, flash22 said:

Clean it with some autoglym interior shampoo

looks like hand gunk to me, giving its location

Exactly.  People blame the trim when all it needs is a wipe now and then.  It’s not Toyota’s first rodeo, they know the heavy use locations and use suitable materials.  

• Thanks 1

It looks like that stain could be hand cream / gel induced?

• Like 1

The dirt it’s one thing, the wear done already its another. I can clearly see wear in the material and when attempting to clean will become even more. Definitely not the best and hardest wearing cloth trim. 

oils and grease can make the material lay flat, i have seen a bit of this since the big uptake in the use of hand sanitizer

• Thanks 1

To me it looks like the cloth material started to wear off like the cotton of a old t shirt . It can be cleaned even with a dettol and microfibre towel and it will look much cleaner but the wear off will stay 

You can always try car trimmers/upholsterers they repair reupholster car door cards aswell as seats.

I noticed my neighbour’s is starting to go, I can see I’ll have to photograph it to settle the naysayers 🙄😉

Not a brilliant example because I regularly wipe my interior panels but there was a little bit of grubbiness on the driver’s side fabric.  I used 3C interior cleaner but the Autoglym cleaner that the 3C is in is readily available and very good.  I use Autoglym synthetic leathers once they’re well broken in for the interior and the carpets.  There was a visiting fly just out of hibernation having a look but just above him and slightly right you can see the grubby part.  I will show a better example soon.

IMG_4897.thumb.JPG.7b7196c812c4af29aa8e8966a655bb1b.JPGIMG_4898.thumb.JPG.b67c81bda7d942a125e1fde8ed27bd5c.JPGIMG_4899.thumb.JPG.e752f2defbddf0c1bfc92e636b37849a.JPGIMG_4900.thumb.JPG.be12dad44988fe023508e345ffffc93b.JPG

• Like 2

That door panel material is like sandpaper, it sands off your skin from your elbow like nothing and leaves a mark of course. Very poor material and doesn't matter how long the Toyota is making cars, it's not only a matter of experience. When the manager tells you to put !Removed!(cheap) material on the door panel, you will do it as an employee.

And the cherry on top is there is no foam under, so your elbow will hurt after a few minutes. The Center armrest is the same story, there is some foam under but like 5mm thick, also a very poor place to be a cheap Toyota. I'm looking to put on these spots some aftermarket "pillows" or something. It would be nice to stitch(or cover over the top)  something with Alcantara.

• Like 1

I quite like the door trim as opposed to the plastic on the rear door.  Not sure what you’re doing in there to scuff yourself Robert 😉 but I’ve never done it yet.  There are plusher models out there but this is an entry level ute that you can quite easily clean.  Mazda’s are superb inside but they don’t have a comparable model.  They say there will be Lexus BX on a Yaris platform, that sounds interesting but I bet you can add another 10k at least.  

• Like 2

Just to bring a bit of perspective here, you have to remember these are supposed to be cheap runabout econoboxes, not luxury cars. I know they are expensive (At least by my standards!), and the price would suggest the car should have a higher level of luxury, but at the end of the day it's still a Yaris, and if they had been build to be a luxury car they would have been a LOT more expensive!!

Money just isn't worth as much as it used to be and the high price figure doesn't actually command as much value as it would have even 10 years ago.

To me, a connoisseur of Yarisisuesieuesies, they are exactly what I would expect for a Yaris - A low-frills high-tech hard-wearing but surprisingly fun to drive econobox. The fact that they even tried to disguise the hard 'scratchy' plastics with faux coatings is just a waste of money IMHO, but it's what Toyota think people want and isn't helped by every car reviewer having this weird obsession with groping up parts of the cars they review that nobody actually driving the car would ever touch, and constantly make a big thing about it rather than things that actually matter about the car!

(Seriously, who strokes the front/top of the dash, the A-pillar, the head-lining, the 'transmission tunnel' etc. on a regular basis?? I'd rather know how strong the suspension is, which parts are exposed and vulnerable to stones and rust, how hard it is to replace the brakes, oil filter, spark plugs etc. but literally no reviewer covers such things!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cyker said:

with groping up parts

I used to do that, (when I was younger!). And as for a few strokes .....................🤯

• Haha 1

Put a Lexus Badge on it and upsell it for £10-20k more - if you look at a comparable car from another marque for that £1500-2000 less you are giving up a lot

• Like 2

On 4/2/2023 at 3:12 PM, anchorman said:

There was a visiting fly just out of hibernation having a look but just above him

Blimey, you must have good eyes to see it was a male fly. 

🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pumatron said:

Blimey, you must have good eyes to see it was a male fly. 

🤣

There was no mistaking 😉

• Haha 2

There was an elderly couple travelling directly behind John and Lorena Bobbit when she chopped off his xxxx and threw it out of the window. It splattered on the elderly couples windscreen.

Thelma was reported to have said to her husband, " Oh my Lord Wilbur, will you just look at the xxxx on that fly!"