Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The long wait.

Michael2023

Joined the club when my new hilux arrived in Grismby thinking it would be delivered to Glasgow within a week. Member for a month now and my hilux is now sitting in Derby and still no date for delivery because it is showing as incomplete on dealers computer. I guess they are waiting on the hardtop. Anybody any experience with how long these things take. It has been in Derby for 15 days now. Ordered 15 months ago and the last 6 weeks watching its slow progress has been torture. 

• Sad 1

Fifteen months is a looong time to wait. 

• Like 1

I just hope it is here before the 22nd cause I am off on holiday for 2 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

It has finally arrived in Glasgow. I think that was 49 days it sat in Derby. Now I just have to hope the original deal is honoured. 

I thought by now I would be posting a photo of my new hilux. Still no idea when I am getting it. It has been 8 days since it arrived at the dealer. I am guessing the hold up with it in Derby was because something was seriously wrong with it and now it has arrived at the dealer and it is still not right. Nobody saying anything anyway or returning calls.

It may be worth having a REALLY good look at it before any paperwork is signed. Just to make sure. It may also be worth turning up unexpected at the Dealer and asking to see the car.

My dealer honoured the original agreement when I bought my new C-HR and I believe this has been the case with a few other forum members. It may depend on how long you have waited. Although after waiting 15 months they should honour the deal as a gesture of goodwill alone.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links